Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
ABUSIVE TEEN-AGED ASSHOLES
JsMom Away
Mockstress

RE: ABUSIVE TEEN-AGED ASSHOLES

This instance makes me sick! What those little fucks did to that autistic boy infuriates me. Poor kid! How macho, pick on the weak.

09-10-2014 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

It didn't cross my mind to participate in something like that when I was a young teen, sally. But, I sometimes said and did ignorant things that hurt other people; things that I wouldn't have done as an adult.

I would like to see the little assholes in this case punished and taught about autism and mental/physical disabilities. Maybe they can become more empathetic and feel truly remorseful about what they did -- not because they got caught, but because they understand why it's not funny and have no desire to do something like that again.

If they're put on a type of serious probation program with juvenile authorities and at home but learn nothing from it and continue to target and victimize others, then I wouldn't care if they were tossed into juvie to deal with the other menaces to society.

09-10-2014 05:24 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(09-10-2014 09:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:  I saw the headline regarding that & a couple days later saw that celebrities were pooling their money and offering a reward for the names of the guilty parties.

I think the intentions of Drew Carey, Jenny McCArthy et all were good, but sounds like police could have lived without their interjection into the case.

The latest:
Police said they have identified five teenage suspects involved in dumping bodily fluids on a 15-year-old autistic teen who thought he was participating in the "Ice Bucket Challenge."

Evidence against the suspects, who are between the ages of 14 and 17, will be presented to the Cuyahoga County prosecutor's office early next week to determine whether delinquency charges should be filed, Bay Village police chief Mark Spaetzel said Wednesday.

The episode drew widespread attention after the mother of the autistic teen found a video of it on his cellphone and gave media outlets permission to make it available online. Spaetzel said the prank occurred at one of the suspect's homes.

Police and city officials have been besieged by calls from media from all over the world and from those outraged by the vicious prank. "It's been a little crazy," Spaetzel said.

The case took on another dimension when Drew Carey, the comedian, game show host and Cleveland native, was joined by other celebrities in offering reward money to help police identify suspects. Spaetzel and others have said police already were well on their way to identifying who was involved when the offers came in.

Spaetzel praised Bay Village school officials for turning the case into a "teachable moment." Students held a rally before a football game last week in support of the teen.

Bay Village schools superintendent Clint Keener has said there is little the school district can do to punish the teens because the prank occurred off school property before the start of the school year.

Full story: http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/bay-v...-1.9279875

09-11-2014 08:54 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

They will be caught, unfortunately money talks louder than personal morality.

09-11-2014 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

LE already had the suspects pinpointed before the celebrities offered up reward money. They're caught.

The community as a whole is reportedly disgusted by the prank and supporting the victim's family.

Now, we'll see if LE decides to prosecute the responsible teens for delinquency, or if the little assholes will be handled in some other manner.

09-11-2014 05:01 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I want them to suffer in some fashion.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
09-11-2014 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Cutz Offline
Mocker

Adjudication should sentence them to keep living in Cleveland for their whole lives.

09-11-2014 08:53 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

There was a time in here where being from Ohio was used an insult.

The Johnny & Lisa thread is full of Ohio weirdness.

09-11-2014 09:05 PM

Cutz Offline
Mocker

I lived in Ohio last year for the year around Dayton. It wasn't terrible. Down near Cinci seemed pretty nice actually.

However, I drove thru eastern Ohio a few times. It's as if West Virginia contaminated them.

09-11-2014 09:20 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(09-11-2014 05:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:  I want them to suffer in some fashion.

Whether or not to file charges against the five teens is still being debated.

Snip:
Cuyahoga County prosecutors met for several hours on Tuesday with police from the Cleveland suburb of Bay Village, where the teens had dumped a mixture of urine and tobacco on the 15-year-old with autism who thought he was participating in the popular charity challenge.

The boy's parents reported the incident to police earlier this month after video of the prank was posted online.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that an attorney for one of the juveniles involved said the group of teens were all friends and had been playing pranks on each other over the summer. He said the boys were not aware the 15-year-old was diagnosed as autistic.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-prosecu...ranksters/
-------------------------------------------
If the teens' attorneys have proof that they pulled similar pranks on each other and there's no proof that they knew the boy was autistic (sometimes it's mild), I think the teens will probably avoid charges.

Hopefully some non-criminal punishment will be handed down, if that's the case. They shouldn't be dumping urine and feces on anybody.

09-17-2014 10:50 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(09-17-2014 10:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  They shouldn't be dumping urine and feces on anybody.

No, they shouldn't. Given my juvenile tendencies I'd be delighted to show them all exactly what it feels like to have that done to them though. I'd like to see if they find it nearly as amusing as they did when they did it to that kid.

09-17-2014 11:37 AM

Cheyne Offline
Mocker

(09-17-2014 10:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  ~Respectfully snipped~
-------------------------------------------
If the teens' attorneys have proof that they pulled similar pranks on each other and there's no proof that they knew the boy was autistic (sometimes it's mild), I think the teens will probably avoid charges.

Hopefully some non-criminal punishment will be handed down, if that's the case. They shouldn't be dumping urine and feces on anybody.

If one of these kids was mine, the court wouldn't have to worry about non-criminal punishment. I'd take care of it myself and it wouldn't be pretty.

09-17-2014 07:15 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

SHOULD THIS TEEN BE PROSECUTED?
[Image: 0.jpg]
Jarom Thomas (RIP) and Michael Galen -- 18 ys old

The death of an 18-year-old Washington high school student who reportedly agreed to let another teen punch him to settle a party dispute has been ruled a homicide.

The Snohomish County sheriff's office says Michael Galen and Jarom Thomas, both 18, got into a dispute early Sunday after a minor vehicle collision outside a party.

In court papers, detectives said a witness reported the two shook hands and smoked a cigarette together before Galen allegedly punched Thomas. Sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton said Thomas fell backward, hitting his head on pavement.

Friends, including Galen, helped carry Thomas back into the cabin where the party was taking place. When they couldn't wake him up, a friend reportedly drove him to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett (HOTD: I wonder how long they waited?). The teen died at the hospital Sunday.

A judge set bail at $10,000 for Galen and found probable cause Monday to hold him for investigation of second-degree manslaughter.

Galen's father broke down outside the courtroom and apologized to the victim's family.

"To the parents of the kid it happened, please, I'm so sorry he did this. Please forgive me and forgive him," said Mike Galen.

"Michael said to me 'Dad he's my friend - he got in my face and told me to hit him.' They were all drinking and things got out of hand," Galen said.

------------------------------------------------------

If all of the details above are true, I'm not sure I'd want to see the killer prosecuted in this case if I were Jarom's parents. I'd definitely demand some action or program, but not sure I could support any mandatory jail time associated with a conviction. IDK.

Thoughts?

12-24-2014 03:07 PM

ramseycat Offline
Mocker

It's sounds like a tragic mistake. I don't think there was intent to do real harm.

Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
12-24-2014 03:15 PM