RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS

I'm pretty sure I do.

Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
03-30-2014 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

(03-30-2014 09:40 AM)ramseycat Wrote:  And I was moaning about totaling my car yesterday. Things could be much worse.

Luckily, it seems you were not hurt too seriously, or even not at all, so that's good.

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
03-30-2014 10:13 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Saturday a 7.8 magnitude earthquake rocked Nepal, killing more than 2,200 people (that estimate is expected to rise). RIP.

[Image: IMG_6581.png]

[Image: nepal-earthquake-3.jpg?quality=65&am...;amp;w=838]

Today an aftershock of 6.8 worsened the already terrible situation and made it even harder for rescue workers to access impacted areas of the country.

Snip:
Freelance photographer Omar Havana was in Kathmandu when the earthquake hit central Nepal.

“Everything started moving and my wife and I could [barely] stand,” Havana tells TIME. “I live in a six-floor house, so we ran downstairs as the building started to crack. It was very scary—people were running, shouting and crying. It was awful.”

With a death toll rising by the hour—this earthquake is Nepal’s worst in 81 years—Havana witnessed scenes of panic as people looked for safety in open spaces.

The Spanish photographer, who moved to Kathmandu seven months ago and is represented by Getty Images, also saw acts of humanity. “People are doing amazing work,” he said. “They’re doing everything they [can] to help each other.”

Havana has been documenting these scenes, filing images that show the extraordinary extent of the destruction and the astonishing solidarity in its wake. “I try to be as human as I can be but it’s hard not to be overwhelmed [by] what’s in front of my eyes: a hand appearing from the debris, a mother hold[ing] her baby. I’m just trying to tell the story of the people and the damage caused to the city.”

While shooting, Havana is also on the lookout for survivors, helping clear rubble. “I keep my eyes open, hoping I will see a person alive under the debris.”

Story and rescue photos: http://time.com/3835621/nepal-earthquake-pictures/

04-26-2015 11:07 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I saw some pix yesterday, awful pix of their misery. People are buried up to their necks in debris, everyone coated in dust, so many sobbing in the streets.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
04-26-2015 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

There are also a shitload of uber rich hikers stranded above the avalanches on everest, having had all their descent equipment swept away. So they're sitting there waiting to starve or freeze or somehow be rescued .

Here's my question, and I truly want to know: is it wrong of me not to feel terribly sorry about the plight those rich fucks find themselves in? Keep in mind I'm not talking about the Sherpas, who are essentially slave labor and frequently die unheralded thankless lives.

I'm talking about the self-indulgent bucketlisters who pay a minimum of 40 grand per person to shlep themselves across the world, follow guided mountainclimbing packages, make sherpas haul all their shit up the fucking mountain and back down, all so they can do a top-of-the-world selfie and post it to Facebook. Average Sherps pay for each trip? 32 bucks.

I hope every one of those spoiled rich fucks slowly starve and freeze to death on that stupid mountain, and tweet/post/instagram every step so guys like ESAD can find it and share it with me.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
04-26-2015 02:47 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(04-26-2015 02:47 PM)Donovan Wrote:  Here's my question, and I truly want to know: is it wrong of me not to feel terribly sorry about the plight those rich fucks find themselves in?

No. I only say it like that because I rarely have compassion for that type of person, I usually reserve it for the downtrodden and those who are needy in some fashion, those that have no one else.

04-26-2015 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

username Offline
Mod Lite

God did this because of gay people everywhere.

Commando Cunt Queen
04-26-2015 03:10 PM

FAHQTOO Away
Crusty Crab Bitch

(04-26-2015 02:47 PM)Donovan Wrote:  There are also a shitload of uber rich hikers stranded above the avalanches on everest, having had all their descent equipment swept away. So they're sitting there waiting to starve or freeze or somehow be rescued .

Here's my question, and I truly want to know: is it wrong of me not to feel terribly sorry about the plight those rich fucks find themselves in? Keep in mind I'm not talking about the Sherpas, who are essentially slave labor and frequently die unheralded thankless lives.

I'm talking about the self-indulgent bucketlisters who pay a minimum of 40 grand per person to shlep themselves across the world, follow guided mountainclimbing packages, make sherpas haul all their shit up the fucking mountain and back down, all so they can do a top-of-the-world selfie and post it to Facebook. Average Sherps pay for each trip? 32 bucks.

I hope every one of those spoiled rich fucks slowly starve and freeze to death on that stupid mountain, and tweet/post/instagram every step so guys like ESAD can find it and share it with me.

Yes, it's wrong. A human life is a human life. It shouldn't matter how rich or poor a person is.

And after your last sentence, you show me (yet again) just how fucking compassionate you extreme liberals really are. Fuck you for wishing that kind of suffering on anyone, let alone someone you've never met and have NO IDEA how they live their life or what they do with their money.

04-26-2015 07:13 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(04-26-2015 03:10 PM)username Wrote:  God did this because of gay people everywhere.

Oh sure, blame the gays.

Everyone knows it was the black liberal transsexuals (BLTs) who got God's dander so far up that he felt the need to shake it out all over Nepal.

Seriously.....I feel the same as FAHQTOO -- rich or poor, Sherpa or shar-pei, convervative or liberal -- I really hope the best for all of those trapped under buildings, or stuck on mountain tops, or just trying to come to terms with losing their loved ones without any warning.

04-26-2015 07:41 PM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

Those souls spent 50 grand apiece to stroll up a mountain and treat it like it's a disneyland ride. Their sherpa guides carry all their goods, risk daily death and make thirty-two bucks.

Per trip.

Any guesses who the rescue teams and helicopters will rescue first?

Fuck them rich assholes on the mountain. They knew the risk of trying to climb a mountain that clearly does not want to be climbed. If they were truly adventurers who had got into a scrape at the whim of mother nature I'd be more sympathetic, but they aren't. Their self-indulgence endangers everyone around them, from the sherpas and their families who will go unrescued while the rich take precedence, to the villagers whose rescue resources will be diverted to the wealthy ones, to the rescue crews themselves who now have to try and traverse even more dangerous terrain to save these assholes who PUT THEMSELVES IN HARMS WAY. There are thousands dead in Nepal right now: how much sympathy do you suppose they deserve?

I have every sympathy in the world for people who face death and danger through no fault of their own. But these fuckers were asking for it. Sometimes the mountain wins.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
04-26-2015 08:24 PM

blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

For years now, I have watched any program on TV having to do with the climbers of Mt Everest....Must be the adventure gene in me....Can't remember the year now, but it was a record year of lost lives, was especially heartbreaking. Loss of life becomes so casual, i.e, hikers on the way up or down casually step over deceased climbers...I think people should be allowed to climb mountains, but Mt Everest has literally become so trash ridden and littered including still frozen victims...I know that money talks, but I, for one, would like to see Everest closed down, at least, until they can clean up some of the trash. "They" say not possible because of altitude and/or weather conditions. I don't consider the frozen bodies trash, but just think if it were one of your relatives laying up there on path to the top....but I digress.....I wouldn't wish death upon rich or poor....I just want them to ban all climbing until they, at least, get the mountain cleaned up.

04-26-2015 08:33 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

They are bullying you, Donovan. My God, it's an epidemic in here.

04-26-2015 08:34 PM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

(04-26-2015 07:13 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:  Yes, it's wrong. A human life is a human life. It shouldn't matter how rich or poor a person is.
Unless they want affordable health insurance, a decent living wage or the ability to not be killed by police during detainment, amirite? Everyone knows rich people matter more than poor people, quit pretending.

Quote:And after your last sentence, you show me (yet again) just how fucking compassionate you extreme liberals really are. Fuck you for wishing that kind of suffering on anyone, let alone someone you've never met and have NO IDEA how they live their life or what they do with their money.
I not only hope they all die on that mountain, I hope they starve so slowly some of them end up resorting to cannibalism before the inevitable end. And I hope they use up the last of their celphone batteries begging for help that will never come, knowing full well that all the money in the world ain't gonna save them from becoming just another frozen landmark for the next set of rich assholes who come to the mountain when everything settles down.

Fifty to a hundred thousand bucks they paid to die on a mountain. I find that hilarious beyond words.

Besides, isn't it the religious conservative mindset that the Caucasian Jesus God has a master plan for all his children? Well it seems to me God's plan for those people was for them to go fuck themselves on the side of Mt Everest. And what does that tell us? That either all those people were bastards, or God is a bastard. Either way, I hope they die gnawing each other's squishy parts.

04-26-2015 08:36 PM

ZEROSPHERES Offline
Geschlechtslos

I have God figured as the Bastard here and my heart goes out to anyone in these horrible circumstances, be they rich or poor. Now if some guy was committing a criminal act that hurt or threatened another and the gun back fired and he got hurt instead, then I might take the attitude you espouse, Donovan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0WdJx-Wkw

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-26-2015 08:36 PM