Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
username Offline
Mod Lite

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS

(10-12-2017 04:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 04:32 PM)username Wrote:  Nice to see all the worry about me and mine being expressed. Fuckers. Out of sight and all that...

Ahahaha! User! Just this morning I asked where the hell are you and *poof* here you are. It's magic!

Yeah. I don't want to be outside in this smoke and I sure as shit don't want to clean so here I am. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I gave notice last week to my husband that I'm quitting my job so I hope to have a life again soon.

Commando Cunt Queen
10-12-2017 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

HotD mentioned smelling the smoke at her house too. There's been such horrible devastation the past few months.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
10-12-2017 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I did think about you, but I can't picture your house burning down or anything terrible like that. The poor wild animals have nowhere to go now so I was hoping that one would bite a chunk out of your scrawny ass while taking out the trash.

10-12-2017 05:41 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(10-12-2017 05:41 PM)sally Wrote:  I did think about you, but I can't picture your house burning down or anything terrible like that. The poor wild animals have nowhere to go now so I was hoping that one would bite a chunk out of your scrawny ass while taking out the trash.

I can picture her new cabin burning to the ground.

I believe that’s north of SF?

10-12-2017 05:45 PM

sally Away
sally

Well I hope not, but I wouldn't mind if she got chased down by a small bear.

10-12-2017 05:57 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(10-12-2017 05:57 PM)sally Wrote:  Well I hope not, but I wouldn't mind if she got chased down by a small bear.

I hope her cabin survives unscathed too.

10-12-2017 06:02 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

The cabin is fine. Like I said, while I'm sure we've had some mountain fires somewhere, this batch is like having a fire in the middle of I don't know...Omaha, NE? Not THAT dramatic but several are in or are threatening highly populated areas (as highly populated as we get). I just googled Santa Rosa's population: 167,815. Subtract the current, what 200 people that burned when all is said and done? and it's still not that tiny.

It's EXACTLY like having a fire in my area which is a little disconcerting.

I'd want a good bear fuck before he bites me.

Commando Cunt Queen
10-12-2017 06:32 PM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Now that's a party.

10-12-2017 06:35 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-12-2017 05:41 PM)sally Wrote:  I did think about you, but I can't picture your house burning down or anything terrible like that. The poor wild animals have nowhere to go now so I was hoping that one would bite a chunk out of your scrawny ass while taking out the trash.

I could totally see user taking in a homeless porcupine and training it to wheel the trash bins to the curb when her husband and son fall down on the job. Poor critter would have a right to bite or poke her in the bony ass.

10-12-2017 06:43 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-12-2017 04:46 PM)username Wrote:  And therein lies the difference. The fire pictured above and (maybe others) devastated city areas. Suburbs. When the collective "we" think of wildfires, they're out in the hills, possibly dotted by small cities but this fire has taken homes...it's like my house burning down. Absurd (except from the inside)! I'm surrounded by other homes and streets; I feel very immune but that's a fallacy. I don't know how the Santa Rosa fire started but the truth is, I have a barren hill (except for the mountain lions) less than a 14 of a mile away.

In the area of Santa Rosa....IIRC, on the west side of our major thoroughfare (Hwy 101) there are some fields, pastures etc. Again, I don't know where any of the fires started specifically but I know one jumped Hwy 101; the east side of that same freeway is homes and neighborhoods. So many people affected in this one who probably thought "never'.

Yeah, it really does feel different; I've stopped thinking 'never'.

My neighbor's sister and brother-in-law bought a house in Santa Rosa 7 months ago. It's in a neighborhood that was burned down and the neighbor lady hasn't been able to reach them; cell service is nada there. She's losing it - really hope she gets a hold of them soon.

And, my wine-distributor friend is lodging a couple of people who had to immediately evacuate Sonoma county.

You're right, it's gotten so widespread in the last 48 hours that it seems like everyone around me knows at least one person who's been severely impacted. '(

Glad you're not in the immediate line of fire. It's a historically destructive one. Actually, I think the news guy said it's 23 separate fires all joining forces.

10-12-2017 06:46 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-12-2017 04:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  I may have a deal on the table to go to Puerto Rico for a month, $1k/day, sounds like a good deal. Got to find out what they are going to do about housing, I can put up with just about anything for a month for that kind of $. Security is a problem, hard to get a CCW permit.
Find out a little more tomorrow

The people of Puerto Rico could sure use the help. 90% of the population is still without power and people in the most rural areas still don't have potable water, based on the last update I read.

Plus, "FEMA can't stay in Puerto Rico forever" you know. 78

What kind of work would you be doing there Six?

10-12-2017 06:54 PM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Anyone interested in current status of the Puerto Rico recovery can check here:

http://www.status.pr/?lng=en

It's updated regularly, info provided directly from the PR gov't.

10-12-2017 07:06 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

This Hurricane was the best thing that could have happened to P.R. they were bankrupt and ready to go under before it hit and now they have a chance to rebuild. As long as they don't spend more than they actually have. They will be a better colony of America.

The_Villagers.................I'm ready bitches.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
10-13-2017 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

(10-12-2017 06:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 04:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  I may have a deal on the table to go to Puerto Rico for a month, $1k/day, sounds like a good deal. Got to find out what they are going to do about housing, I can put up with just about anything for a month for that kind of $. Security is a problem, hard to get a CCW permit.
Find out a little more tomorrow

The people of Puerto Rico could sure use the help. 90% of the population is still without power and people in the most rural areas still don't have potable water, based on the last update I read.

Plus, "FEMA can't stay in Puerto Rico forever" you know. 78

What kind of work would you be doing there Six?

Cell Site work, dragging generators, checking on crews, checking on and inspecting cell sites, probably more than just a little actual work, helping antenna crews get set up. Could be a hundred things.
Yes they definitely need the help and if I can be part of that then Cool.
As to FEMA, No obviously they and the DOD cannot be there forever.
That stupid cow mayor and the US news are the only ones freaking out about that even though it is a perfectly logical and correct statement to make. May not have been all politically correct to tweet it out but last I looked Donald was not elected because he is all PC.
Bottom line is although this IS a Natural disaster, the degree of damage and its longevity are directly related to the corruption in PR, its Utilities and unions. You should hear the stories my guys here tell me. PR WILL of course spend more than they have and the loans set up may never be paid back. These folks ARE US Citizens and they are getting what they need, not as fast as they want it, but who ever did?

10-13-2017 10:16 AM