Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
Those souls spent 50 grand apiece to stroll up a mountain and treat it like it's a disneyland ride. Their sherpa guides carry all their goods, risk daily death and make thirty-two bucks.

Per trip.

Any guesses who the rescue teams and helicopters will rescue first?

Fuck them rich assholes on the mountain. They knew the risk of trying to climb a mountain that clearly does not want to be climbed. If they were truly adventurers who had got into a scrape at the whim of mother nature I'd be more sympathetic, but they aren't. Their self-indulgence endangers everyone around them, from the sherpas and their families who will go unrescued while the rich take precedence, to the villagers whose rescue resources will be diverted to the wealthy ones, to the rescue crews themselves who now have to try and traverse even more dangerous terrain to save these assholes who PUT THEMSELVES IN HARMS WAY. There are thousands dead in Nepal right now: how much sympathy do you suppose they deserve?

I have every sympathy in the world for people who face death and danger through no fault of their own. But these fuckers were asking for it. Sometimes the mountain wins.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by Donovan - 04-26-2015, 08:24 PM