Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
For years now, I have watched any program on TV having to do with the climbers of Mt Everest....Must be the adventure gene in me....Can't remember the year now, but it was a record year of lost lives, was especially heartbreaking. Loss of life becomes so casual, i.e, hikers on the way up or down casually step over deceased climbers...I think people should be allowed to climb mountains, but Mt Everest has literally become so trash ridden and littered including still frozen victims...I know that money talks, but I, for one, would like to see Everest closed down, at least, until they can clean up some of the trash. "They" say not possible because of altitude and/or weather conditions. I don't consider the frozen bodies trash, but just think if it were one of your relatives laying up there on path to the top....but I digress.....I wouldn't wish death upon rich or poor....I just want them to ban all climbing until they, at least, get the mountain cleaned up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by blueberryhill - 04-26-2015, 08:33 PM