Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
(05-26-2015, 10:26 AM)Duchess Wrote: This is so sad. She called her sister as the house was being swept away and said, "I'm in a house floating down the river, tell Mom & Dad I love you". I can't begin to imagine how awful this has been for her husband who couldn't save his wife and kids :(

It's gotta be awful for the husband/father who survived. He was holding onto a tree as the house was swept away. Imagine the sense of helplessness and loss.

Another family from Texas lost their 18-year-old daughter. She is described as well-loved upbeat high school senior who'd just been elected homecoming queen.

[Image: 2910ACD000000578-3096131-image-a-27_1432568222323.jpg]
Alyssa Ramirez ^ was returning from prom when her car stalled. She called 911 and called home, but the flood was too forceful and too quick. Her car was swept away and she was found dead with it the next morning. RIP.

In the U.S., a line of storms that stretched from the Gulf of Mexico to the Great Lakes dumped record rainfall on parts of the Plains and Midwest, spawning tornadoes and causing major flooding that in Texas destroyed or damaged more than 1,000 homes and forced at least 2,000 residents to leave their homes.

"You cannot candy coat it. It's absolutely massive," Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said after touring the destruction.

The governor has declared disaster areas in 37 counties so far, allowing for further mobilization of state resources to assist.

Ref: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/20...-her-home/

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 05-26-2015, 01:18 PM