Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
I am ok, we didn't get any real damage other than some tree limbs and no power. I spent 3 days filling sand bags, shoveling 8 yards of sand around and fixing 3 generators, then drove 3 hrs middle of the night to get to New Smyrna to check on Mouses place and our friends there, seems everyone around me is getting older and less able other than me. Fixed 2 more generators up there. By Friday I was a zombie. Lost power sat night up there but it came back on Tuesday afternoon. House in Pompano lost power Sunday morning some time, came back on 10p Tuesday. AC was broke but it was getting looked at last night. Mouse and I are staying with other friends next couple days, then back to Pompano.
Something very fucked up happened. Friend of mine for near 20 years needed help with her generator, turns out she left fuel in it after testing it last year, I think the fuel was from the season before that. So I get there Wed afternoon, its hotter than fuck and I am working on this thing on the patio among cat shit and wet cat food on my knees. We put up a cover for some shade and then it rained. 2nd pull on the cord and it broke. I go to HD and go in my own pocket and get the parts go back and get that part working, still won't start and I have 3 hrs in it plus the 35 mile trip each way. I take it back to my shop and spend another 4 hrs working on it the next day. I told her whats up and said I would bring it back, this is Wed late. Thursday more shit to do than time, took a 2 hr nap and at 9:30 me and the room mate tried it some more but no luck. He offered to take it back to her on Friday to save me the trip and I said Cool. We hit the road at 11:30pm and texted her the info on the new arrangements and she fucking starts wigging, trashes me and Mouse on FB and in texts, trashes every friend we have in common in FB and texts and tries to rat me out with Mouse about certain aspects of my life before her. So I have had to call a bunch of people and apologize for my friend dragging them into a bunch of bullshit and have them block her and her number.
WTF is wrong with people? She makes a whole string of bad decisions and blames it on me, WTF?
Oh well, one less to worry about next time something happens

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by SIXFOOTERsez - 09-14-2017, 07:51 AM