Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
Of course I'm fucking with you Biggie. But, if you want to try that secret technique and send me the video, I'll watch it. And, I seriously don't view the situation and Puerto Rican people the same way as you do.

Puerto Rico's economy sucks, no doubt. It went downhill as manufacturing jobs were lost...then people turned to drugs, crime increased, debt soared -- same as many areas in the mainland U.S. and other places around the world.

That doesn't make the 3 or 4 million Puerto Ricans living on the island lowlifes looking for a hand-out and unworthy of U.S. assistance, as you suggested. They're American citizens in a terrible disaster situation which they didn't cause. One week after Maria hit..........and half of the population is still without water, the crops and local food sources have been largely wiped out, and heat is worsening the health crisis as fuel is not accessible by individuals and hospitals on much of the island.

Puerto Ricans living in Puerto Rico and Puerto Rico-based businesses pay most of the same taxes as other Americans. Puerto Rico relies on FEMA too and FEMA's got some presence there, but the agency is spread pretty effin' thin at the moment. The island's geographical, structural, and organizational challenges continue to impede life-saving aid efforts. One thing Puerto Rico reportedly really needs now is help clearing roads so supplies piling up at docks can be delivered.

Anyway, I hope major headway is made very soon in getting the necessary assistance and supplies to the Puerto Rican communities and hospitals in need of it so the suffering and loss of life can be minimized.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 09-28-2017, 01:24 AM