Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
(10-12-2017, 06:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 04:39 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I may have a deal on the table to go to Puerto Rico for a month, $1k/day, sounds like a good deal. Got to find out what they are going to do about housing, I can put up with just about anything for a month for that kind of $. Security is a problem, hard to get a CCW permit.
Find out a little more tomorrow

The people of Puerto Rico could sure use the help. 90% of the population is still without power and people in the most rural areas still don't have potable water, based on the last update I read.

Plus, "FEMA can't stay in Puerto Rico forever" you know. 78

What kind of work would you be doing there Six?

Cell Site work, dragging generators, checking on crews, checking on and inspecting cell sites, probably more than just a little actual work, helping antenna crews get set up. Could be a hundred things.
Yes they definitely need the help and if I can be part of that then Cool.
As to FEMA, No obviously they and the DOD cannot be there forever.
That stupid cow mayor and the US news are the only ones freaking out about that even though it is a perfectly logical and correct statement to make. May not have been all politically correct to tweet it out but last I looked Donald was not elected because he is all PC.
Bottom line is although this IS a Natural disaster, the degree of damage and its longevity are directly related to the corruption in PR, its Utilities and unions. You should hear the stories my guys here tell me. PR WILL of course spend more than they have and the loans set up may never be paid back. These folks ARE US Citizens and they are getting what they need, not as fast as they want it, but who ever did?

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by SIXFOOTERsez - 10-13-2017, 10:16 AM