Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
Thailand

I was going to post this in Love Child's thread about the 1940s drowning victims of a bus crash, but that thread appears to have vanished, so I'm posting it here.

The 12 Thai school boys and their soccer coach trapped in a flooded cave may end up having to stay there for four more months, until rainy season ends.

They're barricaded in by a mile and a half of flood water and mud in complete darkness. Until their location was discovered, they'd been without food for nine days.

The remote rural hillside near the border with Laos and Myanmar is currently a teeming metropolis of rescue workers, engineers, troops, politicians, relatives, media and local well-wishers producing round-the-clock vats of noodles for all concerned.

These are the options rescue experts are considering to address the situation.

[Image: 4DE547F400000578-0-image-m-4_1530662115022.jpg]

Only the most experienced rescue divers were qualified to go in. Diving lines have been laid out so that other rescue team members can maintain deliveries of food, clothing and medical supplies with antibiotics and paracetamol already prescribed as a precaution.

Any plan to walk and swim the boys out could take up to six hours per child and energy levels will be crucial.

I really hope they all make it out safely, of course. But, I do feel like the coach has some explaining to do if the initial reporting is accurate, namely that there was a sign in front of the popular labyrinth cave's entry warning that it's unsafe to explore during rainy season. Still, the coach reportedly took 12 boys, most or all of whom reportedly can't swim, to check it out.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...there.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 07-04-2018, 02:04 AM