Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
(07-21-2018, 02:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 12:14 PM)Carsman Wrote: OMG ! How very sad!

My Daughter and her family just was on that lake in a boat they rented, last weekend on vacation. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Wow, that's too close for comfort.  

There's a big push now to ban duck boats.  Apparently they've been involved in several deadly incidents over the years.  https://people.com/human-interest/duck-b...g-coffins/

I don't know if that's an overreaction or not.  Are the deaths due to the...........Design of duck boats?  Or, unpredictable weather conditions (which can lead to deaths even in the safest vehicles)?  Or, lack of safety processes and regulations (life vests aren't legally required in Missouri)?  Or, a combination of all of the above?  

In any case, there will definitely be a full investigation as a result of this tragedy and hopefully the right changes will be implemented.

(07-21-2018, 11:34 AM)Duchess Wrote: I've thought about those people so much since I read the story. One woman lost several members of her family. It's just so freakin' sad :(

Nine of the fatal victims were from the same family.  :(

[Image: 1532158752530.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top-image]

One of the family members who survived, Tia Coleman (^ left) says the captain waved the family away from life vests and told them they wouldn't need them.   Her husband and three children are among the family members she lost.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ckets.html

After seeing those wind driven cresting waves in the video shown from inside the boat, I said to my wife, the captain should have had all passengers put on life jackets, it was only common safety sense!

Anyway, even if they had life jackets on, the non-removable canopy on the boat only left what looked like 2-1/2 to 3 feet high windows on the side to get out making it very difficult to try to get out of that bouncing death trap! Very sad indeed!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by Carsman - 07-21-2018, 08:21 PM