Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
School & Public Stabbings
Just reported on GMA. They said as many as 6 people have been stabbed. There are very few details so far.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
MURRYSVILLE (KDKA) – Police and paramedics are on the scene of a stabbing at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville.

911 confirms that five or six students have been stabbed, and the suspect is in custody.

There’s no word if the suspect is a student or adult.

Three air medical helicopters have been dispatched to the scene.
Several people were stabbed at a Pennsylvania high school early Wednesday, authorities said.

At least five to six of those were stabbed, CBS Pittsburgh reported. As many as 20 students may have possibly been injured in the incident.

"We have 8 patients being taken into Forbes. Their ages range from 15 to 60," Jesse Miller, communication officer for Forbes Hospital, told the Daily News. "I can also confirm that we have another patient being taken to our parent hospital, Allegheny General Hospital."

Dan Stevens, deputy emergency management coordinator, said most of the injuries are stab wounds to extremities.

The suspect, who has not been identified yet, is in custody.

Police and paramedics are currently on the scene in Murrysville, which is about 18 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Mothers and fathers were seen rushing to the high school after the news broke. Some were directed to the town’s middle school to be reunited with their children from the high school, according to WTAE-TV.

Others were told that their children were taken to a hospital. Some had to be airlifted from the scene.

The scene is reportedly secure and currently on lockdown.

The school district posted the following statement on its website:

"A critical incident has occurred at the high school. All elementary schools are cancelled, the middle school and high school students are secure. Additional information will be released as soon as possible. Please keep our campus clear of traffic."
LE has confirmed that the suspect is a 16-year-old sophomore at the school. He's in custody and being treated for wounds to his hands.

[Image: frankReg.jpg]

No word as to why he carried out the attack.

Latest report says three people require surgery as a result of being stabbed and many of the injured were hurt in their attempts to flee.

Murrysville police Chief Thomas Seefeld says 19-of the victims are students, one of them is a school security guard. The school security guard called in the stabbing at 7:13 a.m.

Seefeld wouldn’t detail the carnage beyond saying, “The juvenile went down the hallway and was flashing two knives around and injured the people.”

Ref:
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/04/0...gh-school/
Zero deaths with knives.
(04-09-2014, 01:39 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Zero deaths with knives.

Really?

Wait. I forgot something. Sarcasm01
(04-09-2014, 02:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 01:39 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Zero deaths with knives.

Really?

Heard on the radio that all victims are expected to live.
This time.

People are murdered with knives all the time. If I cared enough I'd go find all the reports that have happened in the few months alone. It happens in the UK, in China, in many places WHERE GUNS AREN'T ALLOWED. Isn't that what you're getting at, MS?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
^ That's true -- plenty of stabbing deaths, which I imagine (but don't know for certain) are generally more painful than shooting deaths. I'd rather be shot to death than stabbed to death, personally.

But, no doubt in my mind that it's much easier to quickly kill a bunch of people with a gun and plenty of ammunition than it is to do so with a knife or two.
Yes, my point was mass carnage (deaths, specifically) is easier to inflict with a gun rather than a knife.

Duchess, people die from knives the world over. Machetes in Rwanda most likely accounted for 1,000,000+ deaths.

However, in a public setting I'd rather take my chances with a psycho armed with a knife instead of a gun.
(04-09-2014, 03:32 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: However, in a public setting I'd rather take my chances with a psycho armed with a knife instead of a gun.

Yeah, me too, I can outrun a knife, I just felt like being argumentative with you. That's what being out on 95 does to me. I was going to take my road rage out on you. hah

This is Nate, he's a student at that school and today when the attack began he pulled the fire alarm to alert others & then tried to keep the slasher from attacking more students. I read there's some controversy already because he posted this pick to his account. 78

[Image: hD8F6EA8C]
Looks like a normal pic for a teen in the hospital to post, to me.

Good on Nate for thinking to pull the fire alarm. While some were reportedly injured in a stampede rather than by the assailant, those injuries are minor as compared to what the people who were stabbed are enduring. Had Nate not set the alarm and the assistant principal (subdued the attacker), guards and teachers not acted quickly, it could have been much worse.

One of the doctors who's treating those with stab wounds indicated that most of them had no idea what had happened. The stabber silently ambushed kids in a busy hallway -- stabbing them as they went about their business between classes. The ones requiring immediate surgery were stabbed in the backs, torsos, and abdomens.

A female student who was in the hallway says the assailant was quiet and shy, not bullied, and didn't say anything during his attack; he just had a crazy look on his face and was running around stabbing people.

Good to hear that though several sustained life-threatening injuries, they're all expected to survive.
[Image: article-2600608-1CF99C9600000578-141_634x399.jpg]

Alex Hribal, 16, has been identified as the stabbing assailant. I wonder what was going on in this kid's life and in his head? Given he was armed with only knives, I doubt he had any expectation that he could seek revenge or carry out some kind of murder fantasy and then kill himself, as most of the school shooters intend on doing.

Anyway, he appeared before Magisterial District Judge Charles Conway and was charged with four counts of attempted homicide and 21 counts of aggravated assault. He was shackled by his hands and feet and was dressed in a hospital gown.

The teenager's family lives in a two-story home with an attached garage in a nice subdivision of large, newer homes there. The FBI was at the house tonight.

Neighbors say the teenager is the younger of the family's two boys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/09..._ref=crime
Charges upgraded -- new evidence released

[Image: nty.jpg]

He seems like a little psychopath.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Vice Principal Samuel King overheard Alex Hribal say, "No, I am not dropping them (knives), my work is not done I have more people to kill," after he was detained by a school security guard.

This new information led police to upgrade 16-year-old Hribal's charges to 21 counts of attempted homicide. Investigators say they also found a signed note in his locker from April 6, 2014 indicating that he planned to kill his fellow students.

The note read:
"I can't wait to see the priceless and helpless looks on the faces of the students of one of the 'best schools in Pennsylvania' realize their precious lives are going to be taken by the only one among them that is a plebeian."

KDKA reports that this new information confirms investigator's suspicions that Hribal may have been targeting specific students (HOTD: LE previously indicated that the attacks appeared to be random).

Earlier this month, investigators were looking into claims that students at the high school had received threatening phone message believed to be made from Hribal, including one where it's now believed he called someone saying he would "(expletive) them up" on the eve of the stabbing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-pennsyl...e-to-kill/
Killer Prom Invitation -- Connecticut

This is a sad story about another high school stabbing last week.

[Image: c02b5236-7482-47a8-88f2-66ea3ebddef6_zps...1398612698]
High school junior Chris Plaskon (left) is in custody after allegedly stabbing to death junior Maren Sanchez (right, shown modeling her prom dress) on Friday. The prom was cancelled and her class (center) instead wore their tuxes and gowns to a vigil for Maren last night.

Maren Sanchez, 16, was an honor roll student, captain of the swim team, and community programs volunteer. Sounds like a very good kid.

She was minding her own business at Jonathan Law High School in Milford, Connecticut on Friday morning when she was attacked, choked and then stabbed to death in a hallway.

Word around the school is that she was invited to prom by a fellow 16-year-old student but declined the invitation -- so he murdered Maren.

The 16-year-old suspect has not been named by LE, but students at the school have identified him as Chris Plaskon. He was friends with Sanchez's boyfriend but Sanchez's best friend said that Plaskon had been obsessed with Sanchez for a couple of years.

Plaskon was stopped by two teachers who were alerted to the attack -- several students witnessed the brutal killing. Plaskon was apprehended by police immediately. He is under suicide watch at a psych ward, officials and his lawyer said on Saturday. He’ll be held under a 15-day emergency commitment and may not appear in court on the pending murder charge until mid-May.

But a Milford Superior Court hearing — in which a judge could decide as early as next week to have him charged as an adult — could proceed in his absence, the lawyer said.

RIP Maren Sanchez.

Ref: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/co...-1.1769402
This is what happens when the nut houses get closed down, its been going on for quite a while ever since they let them all out in the 70's & 80's. It's tough to find a good asylum today that you can send crazy cousin Freddy on vacation with flowers and baskets.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Maren's classmates have her prom dress -

[Image: connecticut-high-school-students-attend-...anchez.jpg]
Christopher Plaskon was arraigned in juvenile court earlier this week -- he's the teen who stabbed Maren Sanchez to death. He is still in a psych ward under evaluation and didn't appear at the arraignment.

Plaskon was in court today. He's being held on first degree murder charges and $3 million bond -- he's on suicide watch.

The judge announced today that Plaskon will be tried as an adult and transferred the case to the Superior Court system.

Mod note: edited title of thread to cover high school stabbings in different locales.