Poll: Do you still have a landline phone?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Yes
64.29%
9 64.29%
2. No
35.71%
5 35.71%
3. I don't understand the question
0%
0 0%
4. Purple
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you still have a landline phone?
LuMPyPussy Wrote:I was attempting a little levity unless you find yourself trapped in the back of a Dodge Dart on a regular basis in which case, I sincerely apologize for the thoughtless comment.
... I just assumed you were referring to someone being kidnapped and trying to call for help on their cell phone. But no, there've been no Dodge Darts for me. A Dodge Shadow once. And one of those little hatchback Fords, can't remember the car line. We used to cram 8 guys in that thing Smiley_emoticons_razz Sorry, thats a view into the lives of backwoods hicks with no money Smiley_emoticons_wink

Edit: As for levity, sorry, I'm in too much pain for that at the moment. Bad wisdom teeth and I need to get them pulled.
Even if you canceled your land line it would still be active to call 911.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot Wrote:Even if you canceled your land line it would still be active to call 911.
Since when? My landline here is off and it is dead. Completely, utterly, dead. Maybe SOME carriers offer that, but with Ace its just off. Period. The 3v wire is dead.
Maggot Wrote:Even if you canceled your land line it would still be active to call 911.

Same here Maggot. Dead line is a dead line.

Maybe you're thinking of an interrupted service? Like if someone hasn't paid their bill and the first stage is to stop outgoing calls, give them a chance to pay and if they don't after a certain time period it gets cut off to incoming as well?

They all will leave it available for 911 (if 911 is available in your area - yes there are still some rural area without 911 service) on interrupted service.
Damn, I thought having 911 was required, it must not be national in my State it's the law. No ordering pizza though.

To answer the question, I have to have a landline for e-term from work and fax machine.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm also on cable, unlimited calls in the UK at all times of the day and night, cheap rates for international.

The wife rang Australia last week and the cost was £2. 04p for 66 minutes, Canada is about the same rate.
Maggot Wrote:Damn, I thought having 911 was required, it must not be national in my State it's the law. No ordering pizza though.

To answer the question, I have to have a landline for e-term from work and fax machine.

Not sure if laws have changed. But I do know if someone uses Vonage voip phone service the 911 is not the same as your local 911. It may not even be in your state!

I had the cable phone system for a month and that got me 911 directly to the local police station.

My cell service gets me the closest police station to my location that I am calling from using my cell.

When I first moved out here there was no 911 service and that was in 1989. They did implement it a year or so later. This is NJ. I came from NYC and I just thought 911 was the same everywhere. Learned differently when I moved to Jersey!

I would say if it's not nationally mandated very rural areas like Montana, Nebraska and other big rural states don't have it in some areas. Maybe they tie into the state police somehow?