Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Windows tech support hackers
Got yet another one of those calls today. "Hi, I am from Windows tech Support, may I hack into your computer?". Probably the 3rd of 4th I have gotten.
Are there consumers still out there who are falling for this? Or are the hackers such idiots that they THINK we are still falling for it.
I have heard so many stories from friends about this. They have gotten swore at or hung up on if they lie and say they do not have a computer, or that they have a Mac. One "tech" actually told a friend that yes, he knew they were scamming people, but he had been unemployed and needed the work.
Most of the calls I have gotten have been from India. Gee, what a surprise.
I m tempted some time to just stay on the phone, just to see exactly what the pitch is.
Bastards. press # 5 times and hang up. Pick up the phone again and dial 555 wait 3 seconds and then press # again. DO NOT hang it up wait for the beep then press 3648.
That should fix it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

We know enough not to get pulled into that kind of thing but there are a shit ton of people who don't.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
True, there are geezers out here that are still falling for the Nigerian thing
My neighbor called me few days ago to tell me about call she received which showed "private number/windows" on Caller ID.
Said she could barely understand him but he asked her if her computer was running slow....she said yes and engaged him in more conversation. Thank goodness, she became suspicious and hung up before he could hijack her computer. These scammers just don't stop. She is a smart lady and I was surprised that she even engaged him in conversation.....
Getting into a conversation might be good, at the end speak out the side of your mouth something like "did you get the trace......."
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.