Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is this racist?
(01-16-2016, 06:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

hah They are morons! I'd love to know what he was thinking. Seriously. Stupid bastids. Made me laugh out loud.

They are also Mormons. That seems to be a driving force for the Bundys anti-government activities.

This article helped me to better understand the Bundys' rationalization for their crimes.

It provides some interesting insight into their family background and how/why the use their Mormon faith in their anti-federalist activities.

http://www.opb.org/news/article/explaine...mormonism/

Jesus Christ inspired the U.S. Constitution which is to be interpreted and regarded as scripture on par with the Bible and the Book of Mormon. If Jesus didn't want the Bundys to disregard and break the law in their governmental protests, Jesus wouldn't have allowed Cliven Bundy and his militia to get away with it in 2014 without consequences. That's how Cliven Bundy and his boys see it, best I can tell by Cliven's words and the role of Mormon symbolism in their protests.
Does this cereal box perpetuate racial stereotypes and racism?

[Image: 45AF6E0800000578-0-image-a-18_1508992849337.jpg]

Kellogg's responded quickly to the criticism and will be revising the packaging.

Great, now some light corn pop is going to take brown corn pop's job!
In today's world the internet is judge, jury and executioner. It could be a dangerous thing in the wrong hands.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

hah

Obviously I've never dealt with racism but for those that have I can see why that would jump out at them.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The racist claim seems kind of silly on the surface.

But, it is a reasonable question.

Why the heck is the only brown pop on the box sweeping the floor?
Yeah it does make you wonder. If I was the designer of the artwork I wouldn't think to myself that I'm going to make all of the corns yellow except the janitor. I'll make him a spic.
He's not a sugar pop, he's a sugar bear.
I bet those pops are pretty close to the same color and the blue makes it look darker. Besides, everybody knows once the Marmalade Mess makes America White again with his giant insurmountable wall, there won't BE any more brown Pops...
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Also the maroon background of the stage he's cleaning in front of also skews the shade. I'd bet the actual file has all the pops the same shade. Automated presses these days will adjust and do color corrections, so it could have been that.

Yet another sign of how dumb and fragile people have become. The grievance industry is alive and well exploiting minds like that genius who tweeted.
Anyone think thats just the reality that the package designer saw in the real world?
Only the people that have nothing better to do but look at cereal boxes instead of a job.
This made me laugh.

I think it's a really stupid claim of racism and cultural appropriation.

[Image: article-5026551-45C4F0FB00000578-574_308x464.jpg]

A parenting blogger's Halloween costume advice has been shared over 100,000 times.

Sachi Ferris claims that dressing white children in a Disney Moana costume for Halloween 'is racist'.

She advises other parents on the risks of 'cultural appropriation' for costumes.

And she says parents should think twice about Frozen's Elsa who promotes 'white beauty'. 78

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...acist.html
-------------------------------------
This lady needs to get a life, in my opinion. Who cares if little Susie wants to dress as a Polynesian character or little Shaniqua wants to trick or treat as Dora the Explorer?

My youngest niece went as Elsa year before last. I can just imagine what my sister would have said if someone got after her for promoting white beauty.

Sometimes there isn't an eyeroll big enough. Dumbass complaining bitch.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: 738.gif]

[Image: this_is_the_funniest.gif]

[Image: GraciousNaturalCricket-small.gif]

[Image: Zvet0.gif]
hah
There are plenty of more worthwhile things to get pissed at before any of that comes into play.
Seems like many people need to get a life! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!