Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need assistance with Wireless issues
Hey,
Need to pick some techie brains here. First, background. Our internet service is with Frontier. We have two modems in the house right now. Both wireless. One is for the internet, the other connects out TV to DirecTV internet services (like You Tube) and some apps.

Initially we had few, if any problems. Then, Rick got himself a laptop, which he uses infrequently. Plus he got a Kindle Fire, which he uses more often, for web surfing and mostly watching Netflix.

Herein lies our issues. If I am running just my laptop, I rarely have a problem. When Rick wants to watch stuff on his Kindle, he will very often loose his internet connection. Happens most often if I am on the internet as well.

He was told that since in our neighborhood, the houses are close together, there is a lot of interference Blah blah blah, bullshit bullshit bullshit.

The sent us a signal booster. I hooked it up this evening. Suddenly, I could not get on the internet at all...but he had no problems at all. I could only get on if he shut down his Kindle entirely.

So, short of moving our modem to another room entirely, what to do? Our house is not that big, so it is not like the signal has a long way to travel.
Any clues here???
Shoot Rick. Bury he and his Kindle in the backyard.

Next..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

Their explanation sounds odd to me. Your wi-fi is indoors, the houses around you shouldn't be affecting it at all.

This might sound like a stupid question but I have to ask - you both are not trying to access the internet with the same account, are you?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Sounds like it could be a router setting issue. For my Linksys router settings (yours should be similar) click your wireless tab and try a couple of things. Assuming you're on a password protected account at home, Make sure guest access is allowed, and also make sure, your # of guests is set to at least the same # of devices you may want to use at the same time. Try logging in as a guest on the devices and see if that helps.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

^ my idea is still the best.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Agreed
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(04-27-2014, 05:19 AM)Duchess Wrote:

This might sound like a stupid question but I have to ask - you both are not trying to access the internet with the same account, are you?

Forgive the stupid answer, but what do you mean? Rick took the advice of one of his friends, and moved the wireless modem to a higher spot in the room we have it in. There is a cleaner line of sight, even through a closed door. Anyway, we have had no problems at all today. It has been several hours and this is the longest we have gone without someone losing signal.
Well I wouldn't put your gun away yet, there's still a chance it might go haywire.
(04-27-2014, 05:54 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Forgive the stupid answer, but what do you mean?

When I sign on to the internet I have an address/name I use so, if I'm online in my office but have my laptop in the kitchen and sign on I am kicked off the computer in my office. Did that make sense?
(04-27-2014, 06:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 05:54 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Forgive the stupid answer, but what do you mean?

When I sign on to the internet I have an address/name I use so, if I'm online in my office but have my laptop in the kitchen and sign on I am kicked off the computer in my office. Did that make sense?

You have to assign manually the ip and and dns, practically you must assign specific ip to the one and to the other and so no will be kicked out and they can work at the same time both.

Jesus. It looks like I posted gibberish. *facepalm*
QB hasn't been in for a day or two. Maybe the net died again and she's digging a hole..
(04-29-2014, 03:51 AM)Nickdaflameperson Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 06:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

You have to assign manually the ip and and dns, practically you must assign specific ip to the one and to the other and so no will be kicked out and they can work at the same time both.

This
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.