Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Golden Gods failure
@ 2:55

Jani Lane of MOTORHEAD

Pretty lame "ooops!" there.

Still, in life, Jani Lane hated being known as the poisonous "Cherry Pie" guy (I learned that from sally); looks like maybe his prayers were answered.
(05-06-2014, 06:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Pretty lame "ooops!" there.

Still, in life, Jani Lane hated being known as the poisonous "Cherry Pie" guy (I learned that from sally); looks like maybe his prayers were answered.
It seems to me that if you're doing a "tribute" video for late great artists, you should at least verify that you've associated the artist with the correct band, and maybe even consider proofing it before you put it on a jumbotron that is being watched by a bunch of recording artists. Call me crazy, but I would...
It's lame alright; unforgivably so.

And, disrespectful to Jani Lane (not to mention Lemmy 109 ).
Lot of dead ones though: I was fortunate enough to see Manzarek the last time he toured with his new Doors incarnation D21C; he and Robbie Krieger with Brett Scallions singing. It was memorable and the closest I'll ever get to seeing the Doors play, but the sound system sucked ass and fucked up the show.
I cannot understand a word that clown is saying, call me inept or in need of a hearing aid but that performance could have been done by an elephant that could only fart the "star spangled banner"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I don't know those people.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-07-2014, 05:30 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't know those people.
Really? Lou Reed? Ronnie James Dio? Ray Manzerek? Gary Moore? Kevin Dubrow? None of those names ring a bell for you? Wow...
(05-06-2014, 08:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: I cannot understand a word that clown is saying, call me inept or in need of a hearing aid but that performance could have been done by an elephant that could only fart the "star spangled banner"
It's a very difficult song for Zakk to perform as it was written in memory of his childhood (and best) friend Darrel (a.k.a. Dimebag Darrel) Abbot.
This is one of my favorite Zakk videos of all time. Shows he doesn't always take himself so seriously. Hang around for the fight scene. Hilarious.
http://youtu.be/icEHA2DGFCk
(05-07-2014, 11:01 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Really? Lou Reed? Ronnie James Dio? Ray Manzerek? Gary Moore? Kevin Dubrow? None of those names ring a bell for you? Wow...

Lou Reed sounds familiar. Is he black, not that it makes a difference just that I associate that name with a black guy.
(05-07-2014, 02:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 11:01 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Really? Lou Reed? Ronnie James Dio? Ray Manzerek? Gary Moore? Kevin Dubrow? None of those names ring a bell for you? Wow...

Lou Reed sounds familiar. Is he black, not that it makes a difference just that I associate that name with a black guy.
hah No, he's a white dude. After Velvet Underground he did a little song they played on the radio a lot back in the day called "Walk On The Wild Side." "...And the colored girls say doo, di, doo, doo, doo, ta, doo, doo..."
(05-07-2014, 02:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 02:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:

hah No, he's a white dude. After Velvet Underground he did a little song they played on the radio a lot back in the day called "Walk On The Wild Side." "...And the colored girls say doo, di, doo, doo, doo, ta, doo, doo..."
And most recently he made an awful album with Metallica called Lulu.

I know that song!
(05-07-2014, 02:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I know that song!
Blowing-kisses
(05-07-2014, 02:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:
I think you were thinking of this guy:
http://youtu.be/AcwYEGdKto8
Anyone that hung out with Warhol was a freak.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.