Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TV POLICE DETECTIVE KILLS WIFE -- MICHAEL JACE
[Image: michael-jace-1-sized.jpg]
Michael Jace, 51

If his face looks familiar, it's because he's been in a lot of tv and films.

He played an LAPD police detective on The Shield, starred in another police series Southland, and had roles in films like Planet of the Apes and Forrest Gump.

This morning he shot his wife multiple times in front of their two children at their home in Hyde Park.

He's being held on $1 million dollar bail.

[Image: article-2633575-1E07546800000578-789_634x476.jpg]
RIP April Jace, 40.

No details available yet as to what went down, other than it appeared that April had just arrived home when she was shot to death.

Story: http://ktla.com/2014/05/20/the-shield-ac...z32Gmmv1vy

This is why I don't like having fucks to give. Sometimes it makes you do stupid bullshit you wouldn't ordinarily do. He must have cared a lot to be so stoopid.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
^ I understand why LC told you that domestic violence/disturbance calls were the most dreaded by responding officers.

There are often children (and other potential victims/hostages) in the home, no idea if/where guns/weapons might be stashed, etc... You never know what's gonna happen when people let anger and emotion take over their minds completely.

She talked about how unpredictable those involved could be. You could have a woman getting the crap beat out of her but the minute the cops try to arrest him she could pull out a gun or a knife or jump on your back and try to bite your ear off. Not to mention 9 out of 10 times she could be beaten to a bloody pulp and decline to press charges.
Yea I always thought that was pretty fucking stupid.
Was sittin in a bar making a move on the bar tender chick. Couple just down from me had been arguing for a while, he backhands her completely off the bar stool, fucks her up. Naturally I step over and light his ass up, nice hard shot to the ear, he hits the floor like a sack of shit.
Suddenly there is some maniac climbing up my back, WTF? I get a hand on whoever it is and drive them to the floor and am about to drill them in the head and its HER!
Silly bitch was on me for busting her old man for busting her.
Paid my tab and left, never get the bar tenders number.
NOT GUILTY PLEA ENTERED

Although he's reportedly admitted shooting his wife to death, Jace pleaded guilty in a Los Angeles court today.

He has a $2 million bail. The judge issued an order that Jace avoid contact with his two small children if he is released on bail; they were present that the home when Jace allegedly killed his wife, April.

He'll be back in court on Aug 1st for a preliminary hearing.

Wonder what the hell his defense is going to be, or if he's pleading not guilty for now so he and his attorneys can try to wrangle some kind of plea deal.
(06-18-2014, 10:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: NOT GUILTY PLEA ENTERED
Wonder what the hell his defense is going to be, or if he's pleading not guilty for now so he and his attorneys can try to wrangle some kind of plea deal.

Black defendant . . . he's a victim of something . . . it plays well and is PC.

Especially in LA.
GUILTY

A jury on Tuesday convicted an actor who played a police officer on TV of second-degree murder in the shooting death of his wife that was partially witnessed by their two young sons.

The verdict in the trial of Michael Jace, who appeared on the FX series "The Shield," came after a weeklong trial in which Los Angeles jurors were told the actor shot his wife April in the back and then twice in the legs with a revolver that belonged to her father.

Jace, 53, did not testify in his own defense. He told detectives soon after the attack that he had retrieved the gun to kill himself but couldn't do it. Instead, he planned to shoot his wife, an avid runner, in the leg so she would feel pain, Jace told detectives in a recorded interview.

Deputy District Attorney Tannaz Mokayef told jurors the actor was waiting for his wife and he shot her in the back and taunted her before shooting each of her legs.

Jace's 10-year-old son testified that he heard his father say, "'If you like running, then run to heaven,'" before firing the second time.

Deputy District Attorney Tannaz Mokayef said the potential sentence would be 40 years to life in prison.

She said during the trial that the actor was upset that his wife wanted a divorce and believed she was having an affair, although no evidence was presented during the trial that she was cheating.

Jace also had small roles in films such as "Planet of the Apes," ''Boogie Nights" and "Forrest Gump." He turned himself in to police after the shooting and has been jailed ever since.

April Jace, 40, was a financial aid counselor at Biola University. RIP.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/verdict-reac...der-trial/
Good, put that murdering asshole away
(05-31-2016, 05:14 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Good, put that murdering asshole away

I think the jury made the right decision too and hope Jace spends the rest of his life behind bars.

Imagine those kids being present when their father shot their mother like a dog.

I really hope the kids have loving family members caring for them now.

...and good therapy.
But he only meant to wing her.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-31-2016, 06:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 05:14 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Good, put that murdering asshole away

I think the jury made the right decision too and hope Jace spends the rest of his life behind bars.

Imagine those kids being present when their father shot their mother like a dog.

I really hope the kids have loving family members caring for them now.

Yes, What do you recon the odds are that those kids will now grow to become upstanding members of society?
The Jaces' sons were both under 10 years old when their mother was murdered in front of them by their father.

I feel bad that the kids were robbed of their mother in such a violent way and that they have to live with what they witnessed and the sins of their father. But, I just read that they are being raised by family (on their mother's side) who love them.

Anyway, in my opinion, if they have the right long-term support, there's no reason to write them off and assume that they have lower odds of growing up to become upstanding members of society than other children (including those who also suffered extreme childhood trauma).