CPR
Do any of you know how to perform it?

I don't know if this is always said to those beginning to learn, but this is what I was told--"bones can be broken, when that happens you will hear and feel it".
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yup, I've used it on an old guy once. It's exhausting. You have to be really healthy to do it more than 15 min.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
CPR?
(03-01-2022, 11:21 PM)BigMark Wrote: CPR?

Cock Pulling Reboot.
Part of my job responsibility. Unfortunately, too many people think they know how to do it, because they did it in high school, which was 20 years ago. It’s evolved infinitely since then. It’s not fatiguing at all, if you do it right. You just need to know how to rock this way…and have some tempo.

Well not being a lazy, fat fuck helps too
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Of course.   hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I kind of know, but I wouldn't be real confident in doing it. I should have taken a class, but I never did. I know how to do the Heimlich maneuver and had to do it on my mom once. She's was only 80 pounds at the time and I was scared I'd hurt her. As she was choking she yelled at me to do it harder and after three times it popped out. She had Parkinsons disease and couldn't swallow right.
(03-02-2022, 12:52 PM)sally Wrote:  I know how to do the Heimlich maneuver and had to do it on my mom once. 

I once did that to a little kid who was choking on a piece of hard candy. I wasn't scared or upset in any way at the time, but later when I returned home I got mind fucked thinking of what if's and it reduced me to tears.
(03-01-2022, 07:07 PM)Duchess Wrote: Do any of you know how to perform it?

I don't know if this is always said to those beginning to learn, but this is what I was told--"bones can be broken, when that happens you will hear and feel it".

I used to be certified in both infant/child  and adult cpr.  Cracked bones are common.   The goal is to squish the heart very,  very briefly,  let it bounce back and repeat.   You have to push somewhat hard on the ribcage to do that, and adrenaline can sometimes make you push harder than you realize.   It's easy to crack a rib that way.
I've taken classes, but not recently. I know it changes. I've been wanting to sign up for Wilderness First Response class. They are intense. I didn't want to do it before, but when the pandemic hit and hospitals were crowded or whatever-I thought it would be handy to know more so I could help myself and potentially others.
I'm pretty sure I could do it!  I watched a lot of BAYWATCH! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(03-12-2022, 08:51 PM)Carsman Wrote: I'm pretty sure I could do it!  I watched a lot of BAYWATCH! hah

I could totally do it too! I listen to the Bee Gee's song "Stayin' Alive all the time.
Glad to be out and about, & free of 2 days of  poking & prodding, ekg's, monitoring, echo cardio, various testing. The air is much better now.

(03-17-2022, 05:27 PM)Carsman Wrote: Glad to be out and about, & free of 2 days of  poking & prodding, ekg's, monitoring, echo cardio, various testing. The air is much better now.

Hope you're good to go now. That stuff is not fun unless they have you on a morphine drip.
Health is wealth. I've heard that expression so much lately.
(03-17-2022, 05:57 PM)Duchess Wrote: Health is wealth. I've heard that expression so much lately.

The older you get, the more you know that's true!!!

Wealth "without" Health, is Valueless! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Guess what I am doing today and next week?

Started the online classes today, the in person class will be next week.

The online classes are at my pace to do until next week. I had to take a break after the heart attack section. Too close to home, but it is a good reminder for me as it runs in my family and I need to be smart about how I take care of my body.

Also-now there is a section on opioid overdoese. Annoying and yes I am being judgemental. They talk about Naloxone-which can reverse the effects of an overdose-I have to go back to that section. It sounds awfully convienient for the pharmaceutical companies!!!!

Good for you! I hope you never have to use it.  Smiley_emoticons_smile
Me too! Especially with the remote locations that I work. That would be scary. People get helicoptered out.