BG1's mosh pit
I love me some Duchess.

Do you want it to be a stickey for quick reference?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-28-2017, 06:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you want it to be a stickey for quick reference?
No, it's fine here. It hasn't been updated in 10 years but the highest tear of elements never change.
That's a cool chart! I might have to put some of these songs on a zip strip so I can listen in my truck. It may help with this damn traffic.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Dono, any update on the kids record deal?
(06-29-2017, 10:52 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Dono, any update on the kids record deal?

Actually yeah, quite a bit. They went ahead and signed with the label that was interested, they did a big metalfest your over the last winter, they released a debut album and two music videos so far.
http://www.unwillband.com
You can listen to the album and see both videos at the link. "Calm" was their first, and "Back again" is the new one. Sorry, my phone really doesn't like me trying to post videos since I temporarily tried the YouTube red app.Don't know why.

The latest big news is they are touring a couple of dates with Fuel and opening for them, including one show here in Rochester and one in Pennsylvania. Not sure if it will amount to bigger things but the exposure is a big deal, that's a much larger and more mainstream crowd than dank metal basement clubs.

Kid is blowing up like I knew he would. It's pretty cool even though I don't get to see him much these days.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Their first one, "Calm"
Second one, "Tomb"

Third and most recent, "Back Again". I like this one best I think. Tough call but their sound is maturing.
For reference here is one of their earlier efforts, "ritual escape". Note the difference.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(06-29-2017, 11:34 AM)Donovan Wrote:
Their first one, "Calm"
Second one, "Tomb"

Third and most recent, "Back Again". I like this one best I think. Tough call but their sound is maturing.
For reference here is one of their earlier efforts, "ritual escape". Note the difference.
I like Tomb. I think you said they were working on releasing their second the last time we spoke about it. The longer they stay on the road the more exposure they get, but the road can also take it's toll. My buddies in Warbringer are on the road more than they're home and they keep cycling through band members more than they can their laundry. hah
Tomb is really good and jams harder than the others but it really is a tough call. It's definitely a good one for seeing the talents of the musicians as opposed to just their angst front man.
Lol at your friends' revolving door issues, one thing I learned at the fringes of this 'scene' is that rock and roll glamour is a myth. Cody is an outright local rock star, touring with name acts on big stages, and when he comes home...works at Guitar Center. Hell, even the biggest names of all time suffer from rotational membership drama. Lou Gramm lives right in my neighborhood and just had to hold a lengthy negotiation with Foreigner so they would let him sing with them for a couple shows only. The band he made famous. And they did a local show, as Foreigner, with their new dude onstage in his place.
(06-29-2017, 03:14 PM)Donovan Wrote: Tomb is really good and jams harder than the others but it really is a tough call. It's definitely a good one for seeing the talents of the musicians as opposed to just their angst front man.
Lol at your friends' revolving door issues, one thing I learned at the fringes of this 'scene' is that rock and roll glamour is a myth. Cody is an outright local rock star, touring with name acts on big stages, and when he comes home...works at Guitar Center. Hell, even the biggest names of all time suffer from rotational membership drama. Lou Gramm lives right in my neighborhood and just had to hold a lengthy negotiation with Foreigner so they would let him sing with them for a couple shows only. The band he made famous. And they did a local show, as Foreigner, with their new dude onstage in his place.
Yep, the golden goose was cooked and eaten back in the 90's. No more big $$$ in the biz for musicians. I was surprised to learn that my friends in Mushroomhead had their tour bus replaced after wrecking a couple of months back. Normally that is the kiss of death these days considering some of the biggest front men in the biz sell merch for gas money to get to the next show.
Holy cow, .
New Suicidal...
Just found out that Nic Ritter (drummer) of Warbringer passed away last week at 36. RIP Nic, you were a badass.
(08-23-2017, 01:17 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

My Dad might like this song. He is always saying "Fuck this place" when referring to our messy apartment.hah
(08-23-2017, 06:29 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 01:17 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

My Dad might like this song. He is always saying "Fuck this place" when referring to our messy apartment.hah
Take him to a live GWAR show. Get as close to the stage as possible. He will either thank you for the best show he's ever seen in his life or kill you. I took a chick who hates metal and she loved every minute of it.
Didja maker?