Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NICE AND HONEST -- GOOD SHIT
(06-01-2015, 11:30 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 11:26 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: She had obviously grown very fond of this person over the years, and considered him to be like a parent or grandparent.

Completely selfless and I doubt 99% of us would do it.

She's only been employed at the Hooters and known him for a couple of months. And, they have no relationship outside of the restaurant, MS.

Wow.

I'll just stick to sports commentating.

Now, about those Eagles...
(06-01-2015, 11:33 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Now, about those Eagles...

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Good shit!! Blowing-kisses

A mother who donated her 7-month-old son’s organs after he passed away hears his heart beat for the first time in nearly three years.

Heather Clark faced a tragedy in 2013 when she lost her 7-month-old son, Lukas. Lukas died after being abused by his babysitter’s boyfriend. Clark didn’t think twice before donating his organs to save a life of another child.

life
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That is a nice story, Maggot. Total tear-jerker too. What a gift Ms. Thomas gave to Mrs. Gonzales and her daughter.
(02-01-2016, 07:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That is a nice story, Maggot. Total tear-jerker too. What a gift to Ms. Thomas gave to Mrs. Gonzales and her daughter.

There are good things that happen and if not, what is life? I knew you would like it. 75
That was a tear jerker alright.

My cousin's 22 year old son died of a drug overdose right before Christmas and his organs were donated, but they had to keep him alive for four days to harvest them before pulling the plug. That's what my aunt told me anyway.

At this point in my life I probably don't need to worry about being an organ donor, I most likely need to get on the donor list.
When you're young organs are good until 30 or so sometimes beyond depending on your lifestyle. After that a body becomes like a frog getting dissected by students in some med school.
(02-01-2016, 05:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: Good shit!! Blowing-kisses

A mother who donated her 7-month-old son’s organs after he passed away hears his heart beat for the first time in nearly three years.

Heather Clark faced a tragedy in 2013 when she lost her 7-month-old son, Lukas. Lukas died after being abused by his babysitter’s boyfriend. Clark didn’t think twice before donating his organs to save a life of another child.

life

That is a great story. And a great story about that waitress too.
According to recent studies nicotine seems to curb the onset of Parkinson's disease. Smokers tend to not get it as often and scientists have found that giving lab mice nicotine slows it down quite a bit.
(06-21-2016, 10:25 AM)Maggot Wrote: According to recent studies nicotine seems to curb the onset of Parkinson's disease. Smokers tend to not get it as often and scientists have found that giving lab mice nicotine slows it down quite a bit.

Good for me!
Once the cancer took my Grandmother it completely halted all her other old age related ailments like arthritis and gout. Turns out death cures pretty much everything.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Thank you Captain Sunshine.

I'm afraid of dying.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-21-2016, 02:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm afraid of dying.

That's a good thing though in moderation.
The nicotine didn't work for my mom. 2 packs a day since she was 13 and still got Parkinsons. In the end her symptoms seemed more like Lou Gherrigs disease, but the doctor said it was Parkinsons so who am I to argue. That was worse for her than the cancer, it started to affect her mouth and throat where she couldn't swallow and she could barely hold a coffee cup anymore.
(02-01-2016, 11:06 PM)sally Wrote: My cousin's 22 year old son died of a drug overdose right before Christmas and his organs were donated, but they had to keep him alive for four days to harvest them before pulling the plug. That's what my aunt told me anyway.

Your Aunt is probably telling you the truth. There can be no traces of drugs in the system before organs are harvested. My cousin went through the same thing with his son, he was declared brain dead, but they kept him on life support until his blood tested clean.