Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
WE DID BIZ WTH THE TALIBAN
Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

RE: WE DID BIZ WTH THE TALIBAN

I have no problem whatsoever in making a trade to bring an American home.

I'd be all in favor of it.

3 for 1 is fine by me too.

Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen should all be brought home if it's at all feasible.

06-01-2014 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Quote:BENEDICT ARNOLD WROTE:
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one HoTD...I still luv ya though Blowing-kisses
28 I still love you too, but you are FULL OF SHIT, KID!!

Quote:BENEDICT ARNOLD SPEWED:
I fully understand the value here: Qatar is the 3rd largest exporter of oil. That's all there is to it.
Bullshit.

I'm not doing your homework or playing teacher for you. You either know about our non-oil related dealings, bases and partnerships with Qatar and hope that nobody else does so you can slide right on over them to try to win an argument here by employing dishonesty (which we now know is absolutely no problem for you based on your prior posts in this thread), or you are ignorant as to the subject matter here. Doesn't matter which.

Quote:BENEDICT ARNOLD YAMMERED:
And as to your analogy to me and you....what you're failing to understand is that the deal was between the Taliban, and the USA, with Qatar being nothing but the go between. And, if your outlook was the same as the Talibans (which is who we'd REALLY be fucking over) I think any Mocker worth his/her salt would give me a high five for fucking you over.

Bullshit. I'm not failing to understand the POW negotiation and the roles of the parties involved, as clearly demonstrated by my posts upthread, cheater.

What I did fail to understand was that you would be willing to play so dumb just to win an argument in support of lying and cheating and destroying relationships. Shameful, I tell ya!

But, just in case you're really that dumb, I'll spell it out bit by bit so that the Mock analogy is exact enough for you to comprehend.

You and I make a deal that encompasses one week. We're gonna meet up and I'm gonna fix you three delicious sandwiches in three consecutive days. On the fourth day, your part of the bargain kicks in. You've agreed to teach me to golf for two hours each on days 4, 5, 6.

Duchess, who has a good relationship with both of us, agrees to let us meet up in her neck of the woods and she's gonna make sure I know where to get all the best sandwich fixins (smiling as I type that word) and ensure that we have reservations at the best golf course. We both agree that on our 7th and final day together, we'll take her dining and wining at the place of her choice to thank her for graciously coordinating things for us.

So, Duchess puts her time and effort and skills into motion and does her part. I make you three sandwiches that leave you speechless and drooling for more. And, you? Your lying cheating ass sneaks off in the wee hours of morning 4; leaving a note telling us what a great time you had and that we are suckers and should fuck off because there will be no golf lessons and no thank you dinner. YOU DIRTY ROTTEN BASTARD! (Well, actually, I'd hang out at the bowling alley or something and take Duchess to dinner myself, but you get the point, one would hope.)

So, everyone at Mock knows what's gone down because the whole scenario has been chronicled in a thread in the WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS FORUM sub-forum.

A week later, you pop your lying cheating head out of lurk mode and log in to propose a deal to ramsey. You propose that if she'll clean come clean your house for three days, you'll go work in her yard for three days in return. You ask Duchess to volunteer her time and effort to help coordinate the details, in return for a thank you lunch. Do you really think that ramsey and Duchess are gonna wanna deal with you (without you having to bribe them, and pay that bribe up front)? I don't.

Just to be crystal clear -- to ensure that you understand this time: You're the US in our little analogy, because that's simplest to envision 11. I'm the Taliban. Duchess is Qatar. Ramsey is Syria.

Capiche?

06-01-2014 08:01 PM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

Hard to not be two sided about this one. Thinking from the kid's and his family's point of view, I don't think they would have minded if he was traded for a 100. Speaking from the other side of the fence, I think it's a mistake. The leader of the Taliban was on the news here tonight squawking victory over the infidels. The precedent has now been set.

I see the comments about putting more American military in danger. If they're anywhere where the Taliban/Al Qaeda/whoever can possibly take them hostage, they were already in danger. It's not like the Taliban et al are going to try any harder to get them just because of this deal.

The 'Nobody gets left behind' tagline makes me cringe too. It's almost a Hollywood-ised Americanism. It's bullshit. It should read "Nobody that's known about gets left behind'.

06-02-2014 04:38 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(06-01-2014 08:01 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I'm the Taliban. Duchess is Qatar. Ramsey is Syria.

hah

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
06-02-2014 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Smiley_emoticons_wink Hope Kid knows that while I'm serious about the importance of keeping good relations with allies in the Middle East, I'm just playing with him.

Even in the analogy, he got me to make him three delicious sammiches.

One of the complaints from Republicans is that Obama didn't follow the law, under which he was required to give Congress 30 days notice of such an operation. The Obama administration counters that they simply didn't have the time because Bergdahl's life was in immediate jeopardy (I haven't seen any details as to the immediate life threat that emerged five years after he'd been captured, though).

06-02-2014 10:20 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I've gotten a chuckle out of that analogy all morning.

Sally can be Libya, cause she's a mean bitch and Tiki can be Dubai.

06-02-2014 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I don't REALLY think Sally is a mean bitch.

06-02-2014 12:54 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

She giveth, then she taketh away, sally...

06-02-2014 05:59 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm trying to protect her feelings.

06-02-2014 06:04 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(06-02-2014 06:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:  I'm trying to protect her feelings.

What has gotten into us?

I'm worried that I hurt Kid's feelings, even though I told him that I still love him and also made him three delicious sandwiches.

Fuck Kid if he can't take a mock!!! (I'm snapping myself out of it).

I miss you, Kid -- come back and play with me? Love025

06-02-2014 06:09 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

It was the bird. That poor unfortunate bird is mind fucking me. 21

06-02-2014 06:11 PM

FAHQTOO Away
Crusty Crab Bitch

Sounds to me like this kid might be a traitor. If he did in fact leave his post willingly, without his gun, crying to the taliban about how he wanted his freedom (not from them, but from us)...and got 8 of his fellow team members killed looking for him, then I would really hate to be in his shoes right now.

06-02-2014 06:27 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(06-02-2014 06:27 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:  Sounds to me like this kid might be a traitor. If he did in fact leave his post willingly, without his gun, crying to the taliban about how he wanted his freedom (not from them, but from us)...and got 8 of his fellow team members killed looking for him, then I would really hate to be in his shoes right now.

Yeah, a possible deserter, at least.

I'd read some time back that he wandered away from base, disillusioned with his assignment.

Now that he's been released, some of those who were stationed with him are starting to speak out.

Snip:
"I was pissed off then, and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war, and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

Vierkant said Bergdahl needs to not only acknowledge his actions publicly but face a military trial for desertion under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

A reporter asked Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Sunday whether Bergdahl had left his post without permission or deserted -- and, if so, whether he would be punished. Hagel didn't answer directly. "Our first priority is assuring his well-being and his health and getting him reunited with his family," he said. "Other circumstances that may develop and questions, those will be dealt with later."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/ber...r-or-hero/

I wonder if his parents (and some officials) will wanna keep Bergdahl away from the press for as long as they can.

06-02-2014 06:33 PM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

So y'all gave away 5 Taliban so you can torture the fuck out of a traitor? Is that what this is all about?

06-02-2014 06:35 PM