Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Brewers thread
(06-18-2014, 04:20 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Way Tasty
I went with my trusty Arrogant Bastard clone last weekend because It's getting pretty hot down here and a heavy dark beer just isn't the answer, but that dunkel looks like it's a hell of drug. hah
AB has been one of my Favs ever since I found it several years ago. Loved the label, then found out its some good shit.
After 2 I got a good beer buzz going, after 3 I can't speak english
(06-18-2014, 05:32 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: AB has been one of my Favs ever since I found it several years ago. Loved the label, then found out its some good shit.
After 2 I got a good beer buzz going, after 3 I can't speak english
Stone makes some powerful brews. Ruination immediately comes to mind. I lost 8 hours on that shit one night. hah
Second staged the Blast Tyrant today.
I met a buddy of mine at Stone last year for lunch. I could of stayed there for a week!

[Image: image_zps515b1cd3.jpg]

[Image: image_zps2984f40e.jpg]

^ if you ever see a bottle of that, buy it. Post it to me C.O.D...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-20-2014, 05:48 PM)crash Wrote: I met a buddy of mine at Stone last year for lunch. I could of stayed there for a week!

[Image: image_zps515b1cd3.jpg]

[Image: image_zps2984f40e.jpg]

^ if you ever see a bottle of that, buy it. Post it to me C.O.D...
Was that here in the states?
Yep. At the brewery at Escondido.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-20-2014, 06:01 PM)crash Wrote: Yep. At the brewery at Escondido.
How often do you make it stateside?
Not on a regular basis. I was over last year and the year before. Maybe later this year depending on how it fits with some other stuff.
(06-23-2014, 04:46 PM)crash Wrote: Not on a regular basis. I was over last year and the year before. Maybe later this year depending on how it fits with some other stuff.
We should try to get together and spill a few if at all possible. I'll leave my music collection at home. hah

Bottling the Blast Tyrant tonight. It should be ready by the time my son's 26th B-day/fishing trip extravaganza begins on the 10th.
My dad used to make wine.

The fruity taste and sweet aroma almost made you forget you were too drunk to stand up after about 3 glasses.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(07-06-2014, 01:11 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: My dad used to make wine.

The fruity taste and sweet aroma almost made you forget you were too drunk to stand up after about 3 glasses.
Wine is not "brewed" STFU and GTFO fatass.
This brew has been removed from the shelves of some chain stores in Ohio due to complaints about its offensive name. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Duclaw Brewery founder Dave Benfield told the Baltimore Business Journal. “[The name’s] not meant to be offensive, it’s not meant to be derogatory… “We liked the phrase [Sweet Baby Jesus!], which at least to us, is a phrase of excitement or astonishment.”

[Image: sweet-baby-jesus-beer.jpg]

Anyway, I've never heard of peanut butter and chocolate beer; sounds kind of interesting.

Wonder if it's any good.
Holy Christopher on a Cross!

Effin' beers going the way of potato chips.

I'm surprised there's not a Cap'n Crunch brew.
There was a mob in Oregon that did a Voodoo Donut Beer. Maple Bacon, maple syrup and Krispy Kreme flavour donut burger in a beer. It was pretty good fresh.
Dammit, crash!

That is my favorite Voodoo offering!

Hmmmm . . . now must rethink my previous position.
Call me a purist, but I'm just not into it.
Me either. I have tasted some that were nice, but its just not my thing. I would much rather concentrate on making a well balanced flavorful brew that is just a good beer, Not see how much hops I can stuff into a beer or what the most off the wall flavor I could put in there.
Pick something and do it well
Voodoo Donut was made by Rogue out of Portland. The day I can make an example of style as good as they do, I'll be pretty fucking happy.

I don't mind Brewers who change it up a bit, in the interest of creating new things. If most beer drinkers hadn't experimented in the first place we'd all be drinking fucking miller lite or some other swill.

Sure, I don't want to have a session on a chocolate coffee porter or a bourbon barrel imperial stout, but one on a cold night is pretty great.
(06-22-2015, 06:20 PM)crash Wrote: Voodoo Donut was made by Rogue out of Portland. The day I can make an example of style as good as they do, I'll be pretty fucking happy.

I don't mind Brewers who change it up a bit, in the interest of creating new things. If most beer drinkers hadn't experimented in the first place we'd all be drinking fucking miller lite or some other swill.

Sure, I don't want to have a session on a chocolate coffee porter or a bourbon barrel imperial stout, but one on a cold night is pretty great.
Rogue makes a good product, i'm just not into beer/ale that doesn't taste like beer/ale. I'm not sold on the miller light statement. Guinness for instance is a time honored brew and it's dark color came from over cooking a batch of grains. It's modern technology and mass production that gave us the swill that is miller light.