Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
A BUCKET OF ASSHOLERY
BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

RE: A BUCKET OF ASSHOLERY

(06-16-2014 11:31 PM)Cutz Wrote:  . . . and the parents don't need 30 grand or more for being offended.

The parents and child will, however, have to deal with similar situations in the future.

Maybe not . . . but 30K will go a long way to reconstruct this child's face, rehab and counseling.

If the kid was Black, the payout would have been tripled.

And then I'd be listening to Sharpton for the next three effin' weeks.

Not to mention the forced sale of the KFC franchise.

06-17-2014 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Cutz Offline
Mocker

(06-17-2014 09:05 AM)cannongal Wrote:  which is probably why the grandfather and his girlfriend were charged with child endangerment.
My post, however, was questioning Cutz statement that the parents are ultimately responsible.
When the dog we adopted from the shelter bit my grandson a couple of months ago, I didn't blame his parents for letting him come visit us, I blamed myself for not knowing what kind of temperament the dog had before allowing my grandson near him.
The parents are responsible. You may blame yourself for letting your grandson get bit... but you weren't charged with a crime for endangering your grandchild either... I'm assuming. The fact that those grandparents were shows a lack of care on their part and a lack of judgement on the parents part for leaving the girl with them.
Also, whether or not you blame yourself for your grandson getting bit, his parents will first and foremost blame themselves for putting him in that situation. Objectively, responsibility can be shifted around from the child, the parents, you, the dog, the previous owners of the dog, the shelter, lots of people... but when it comes to caring for a child, parents ultimately foot the bill. Fair or not, that's how it is.

06-17-2014 12:03 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Sometimes it's hard to be objective.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
06-17-2014 04:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

(06-17-2014 12:03 PM)Cutz Wrote:  The parents are responsible. ... but when it comes to caring for a child, parents ultimately foot the bill. Fair or not, that's how it is.

Truly, you don't believe that if parents send a child to school and that child is molested by a janitor, the parents are ultimately responsible . . . do you?

Hypothetical: Father and child are driving in a car and they are struck by a drunk driver. Both father and child are killed. Is the mother, who stayed at home, responsible for the death of her child?

06-17-2014 11:17 PM

Cutz Offline
Mocker

(06-17-2014 11:17 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:  
(06-17-2014 12:03 PM)Cutz Wrote:  The parents are responsible. ... but when it comes to caring for a child, parents ultimately foot the bill. Fair or not, that's how it is.

Truly, you don't believe that if parents send a child to school and that child is molested by a janitor, the parents are ultimately responsible . . . do you?

Hypothetical: Father and child are driving in a car and they are struck by a drunk driver. Both father and child are killed. Is the mother, who stayed at home, responsible for the death of her child?
Is the janitor a registered sex offender that the parents could have known about if they'd looked at the area's list of offenders? Did the mother cheat on the father, causing him to storm off with the child when he found out at 2am (more drunk drivers are on the road)?

I not trying to say that parents are to blame for every bad thing that happens in the world. Sometimes parents do a great job protecting their kids and unavoidable danger occurs. What I am saying is that parents are the first line of defense and most would blame themselves. Even in my own life, I've had bad shit happen and thought, "man, if only I'd left for work an hour earlier, this random thing wouldn't have happened."

The details will always be the devil for any hypothetical. Even in this real world example, we don't have them all. What I do know is that the girl was at her grandfather's home with 10 pit bulls. The grandfather and girlfriend were charged with a crime. That shows to me a lack of judgement on the parents part for entrusting their daughter to his care.

Either way, my point was that KFC donated 30 grand for offending someone. I went to Taco Bell last night and the clerk was rude... I don't expect a check even if I go on facebook and tell all my friends about it. The staff of that KFC were extremely insensitive... but I'm assuming that other customers did actually complain... so really they're just trying to do their job. I can see both sides of the situation.

06-18-2014 10:31 AM

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

(06-18-2014 10:31 AM)Cutz Wrote:  Is the janitor a registered sex offender that the parents could have known about if they'd looked at the area's list of offenders? Did the mother cheat on the father, causing him to storm off with the child when he found out at 2am (more drunk drivers are on the road)?

The details will always be the devil for any hypothetical.

What I do know is that the girl was at her grandfather's home with 10 pit bulls.

That shows to me a lack of judgement on the parents part for entrusting their daughter to his care.

"The details will always be the devil for any hypothetical."

Accept the hypothetical at face value -or- after adding your own "damning" details . . . what is extremely eery to me is you never condemn the perpetrators of the crime for their actions. Not once!

Why is that?

I agree pit bulls, especially a "pack" of ten, should raise a red-flag.

However, what "you know" is hardly sufficient to characterize the parents as having "a lack of judgment".

Was this the first time the girl was around dogs?

Did any of the pit bulls have a history of aggressive behavior?

What actually prompted the attack?

How inbred was the trailer trash who owned the dogs?

Here's something I know: A little girl was maimed. A little girl lost her eye. A little girl will, most likely, carry the physical and emotional scars of this horrific event for a very long time.

Regardless of her parents judgment, she alone, bears the lion's share of pain and suffering.

And maybe . . . when she's older . . . the continuing haunting question of: "What if I had only . . . ?".

06-18-2014 04:59 PM

Cutz Offline
Mocker

(06-18-2014 04:59 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:  what is extremely eery to me is you never condemn the perpetrators of the crime for their actions. Not once!
Why is that?

Regardless of her parents judgment, she alone, bears the lion's share of pain and suffering.
Ok. Drunk drivers are stupid morons. Child molesters are pathetic and should be ostracized from society. I didn't say it because I didn't feel it needed to be said.

I postulated details of the hypotheticals that bring up expectation of behavior. I expect thieves to steal. If 50 bucks gets stolen from me, it's still the criminals fault regardless of details. My level of responsibility can change tho. Option 1) I left the 50 bucks on the sidewalk in front of my house. Option 2) I left my doors unlocked and the money got taken off my coffee table. Option 3) My safe got robbed.

Personally, I lock my doors at night so people don't rob me. When I'm driving, I still watch for children to run out in the middle of the street. I expect a pack of 10 pit bulls to act like wild animals. I stipulated that we don't know all the details of the situation, so I agree, it's possible the parents acted responsibly, but that's not my opinion. I also agree the little girl will suffer the consequences. That doesn't make KFC responsible for her injuries, whether they offend her and her stupid parents (in my opinion) or not.

06-18-2014 05:35 PM

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

(06-18-2014 05:35 PM)Cutz Wrote:  Ok. Drunk drivers are stupid morons. Child molesters are pathetic and should be ostracized from society. I didn't say it because I didn't feel it needed to be said.

I postulated details of the hypotheticals that bring up expectation of behavior.

That doesn't make KFC responsible for her injuries, whether they offend her and her stupid parents (in my opinion) or not.

Thanks for clarifying. I do hope the reason you "didn't say it" because you believe it is a reiteration of the obvious.

Morons and pathetic? Personally, I think you're being kind. Drunk drivers and child molesters are criminals who have no regard for others. Morons and pathetic are words I use to describe Clan Clarke and their FB posts.

As to expectation of behavior . . .

I don't believe anyone holds KFC responsible for this child's horrific injuries. However, if the ostracization of this child by a KFC employee was due to her physical deformities, then KFC should pay for the offense.

You know what I mean . . . this little girl had an expectation of behavior to be treated like any other little girl, enjoying a greasy meal with her family.

IMO, KFC quickly paid a pittance compared to the cost of a trial, damages and the adverse publicity.

Shrewd corporate move.

Thank God she wasn't asked to NOT attend an NBA game with an owner's whore.

The hillbillies would own the team.

06-18-2014 07:53 PM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

(06-18-2014 07:53 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:  Thank God she wasn't asked to NOT attend an NBA game with an owner's whore.

The hillbillies would own the team.

hah

06-18-2014 08:37 PM

sally Away
sally

I blame the parents for the pit bull attack, anyone with an ounce of common sense would not leave their 3 year old child at a house where 10 pit bulls resided. You'd probably have a better outcome ditching the kid in front of a crack house in the projects.

If what happened at KFC is true I don't think 30k is unreasonable. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they just went out of business altogether, they have the most disgusting fried chicken I ever ate.

06-18-2014 09:57 PM

Tammy75 Offline
Mocker

I did not read this story but glanced at it. I wondered why the owner's insurances were not paying for the reconstrutive surgery. Now I understand---no insurance company in their right minds would insure a trailer with pit bulls.

06-18-2014 10:43 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I hope that KFC publishes the result of their investigation.

I think there may be more to the story than meets the eye, too.

Regardless of who's responsible for the pit-bull attack, I don't believe it's disputed that the family (grandma and Victoria) were asked to leave the restaurant and that's what prompted KFC to apologize immediately and donate $30k, apparently before completing an investigation. Whatever went down, IMO, the donation was generous as I don't see any criminal case in play here even if there is no more to the story than the grandma claims.

I also think the quick apology and donation were good business decisions because regardless of what happened, the grandma used the word "discrimination" a few time in her Facebook post and media interviews -- that jumped out at me as a red flag indicating the contemplation of filing a civil lawsuit for mental anguish against the Jackson KFC or the franchise corporation. It's costly to defend such allegations and hurts the brand, even if the allegations are baseless or exaggerated.

[Image: v22.jpg?3a7e42]

If it turns out that the grandma (pictured above with Victoria) is full of shit, it might have been wiser for KFC to hold off on apologizing and donating money to the family and instead fight a discrimination allegation in civil court -- from the "principle of the matter" stance and so as not to give others an incentive to follow suit with false or exaggerated claims.

But, since the 3-year-old is innocent in all possible scenarios, as a person and a business owner, I think I'd do as KFC did (and, in so doing, I'd try to impart some conditions to best ensure that the donated money goes directly towards the child's medical care).

FWIW, there's some buzz that grandma, Kelly Mullins, is the one who asked KFC employees to kick out other customers because their kids were staring at Victoria. Since they weren't taunting Victoria, her request was denied and she went off the rails. That's when she was asked to leave. I don't know if that's true, just like I don't know how much of what grandma depicted is a full or accurate account of what went down. Here's the unverified account about Mullins being the instigator, it was linked on a news site about the story: http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2014/06/...other-lie/

Anyway, I feel very badly for Victoria and can only imagine the fear and pain she's had to endure; hoping it is she who directly benefits from the generous donation.

06-19-2014 12:47 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(06-19-2014 12:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  FWIW, there's some buzz that grandma, Kelly Mullins, is the one who asked KFC employees to kick out other customers because their kids were staring at Victoria.

I guess I'm just a bitch today because I think that's a lot of nerve. Little kids (and some not so little) always stare when they see someone who is so different than them. I don't view that as wrong or unusual but as something to be expected.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
06-19-2014 12:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

(06-19-2014 12:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I guess I'm just a bitch today because I think that's a lot of nerve. Little kids (and some not so little) always stare when they see someone who is so different than them. I don't view that as wrong or unusual but as something to be expected.

Yeah . . . but I'd at least expect a parent to say something to a gawking kid.

Even white trash parents.

"Dang it, Joe-Bob! Kwit yer eyeballin' of that tor'd up little cyclops an git back to lickin' the bucket lid!"

06-19-2014 01:07 PM