Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

It is authoritarian like, you're not alone in that thought, I share it and so do millions of other people. Furthermore, it is un-American to take children from their parents. This is the kind of shit that is done in other countries, countries without democracy. Just imagine your kids being forcibly removed from your arms. I want my country to be better than that. The daily deluge of bullshit surrounding this government is not normal.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[
(06-14-2018, 01:38 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 01:25 PM)Maggot Wrote: Is there a picture of the mural?

I’d love to see it.

Hope it’s done in good taste.

This is what greets those who enter the Casa Padre detention center in Brownsville, Texas.
[Image: fafc3b18808d092f56ef64775c799980.gif]http://picasion.com/
(06-14-2018, 03:39 PM)Duchess Wrote: It is authoritarian like, you're not alone in that thought, I share it and so do millions of other people. Furthermore, it is un-American to take children from their parents. This is the kind of shit that is done in other countries, countries without democracy. Just imagine your kids being forcibly removed from your arms. I want my country to be better than that. The daily deluge of bullshit surrounding this government is not normal.

The administration is getting more and more heat for forcibly separating children from their parents.

A couple of days ago, Jeff Sessions used a Bible quote to justify the practice. Yesterday, Sarah Sanders used the Bible to justify the practice.

This morning, Trump lied about it again on FOX. He again claimed that it's a Democrat law forcing him to do it. That's bullshit -- it's a Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions policy, period. Of course, the lie doesn't become true with repetition, but some of his fans believe whatever he says and that's who he's targeting.

Anyway, clergy people, the Pope, and other religious organizations have issued statements condemning the policy and objecting to Sessions' and Sanders' attempts to use the Bible to shield themselves from the 'immoral' separation of families.

The United Nations Human Rights council has also condemned the policy as immoral and inhumane.

And, House Speaker Paul Ryan went on record stating that he and other Republican representatives do not support the new policy. Ryan said that a draft bill to keep children with their parents will be presented today.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art...-at-border
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts...fcf0c66ae0

I feel like I could have a friggin' stroke thinking about this practice sometimes. It infuriates me. I haven't liked it since it started but when I read several different reports of a mother having her baby forcibly taken while breastfeeding it pushed me over the edge.( Big supporter of breastfeeding that I am.) In my mind, all of this is a horror and I can hardly believe it's happening in the United States of America. I am appalled.
(06-15-2018, 12:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ryan said that a draft bill to keep children with their parents will be presented today.

If it's the bill with compromises, trump has declined to sign it. He surprised his own party because the bill provides funding for his wall. Not sure what's going on here or if it's something different from what you referred to.
I'm not sure either. Ryan has two competing immigration bills which he said yesterday will go to vote on the floor next week.

He also said that he cannot guarantee either will pass.

I think Ryan knows that this issue could hurt several Republican politicians in the midterms. Personally, I suspect that healthcare (especially the recent threat to remove insurance guarantees for those with pre-existing conditions) will be a bigger challenge for Republicans across the country.

The White House has issued a press release regarding the separation of children from their parents. Their words not mine, their caps too -

"CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS’ FAMILY SEPARATION POLICY."

Is there anyone working there? Anyone?

That cunt Anne Coulter looked into the camera and told trump that the crying immigrant children are crisis actors. I'd like to rip her tits off and jam them down her lying throat. Fuckin' cunt.
I would think putting the entire family on a plane and shipping them back would be cheaper.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-18-2018, 12:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: I would think putting the entire family on a plane and shipping them back would be cheaper.
Remember back in 2014 when Obama was in office and the put all of the illegal kids separated from their parents on a bus to Nogales Arizona? I do. Where was all the outrage for those poor children then? This kind of thing has been going on for a very long time.

Linky: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/ari.../10113105/
(06-18-2018, 01:54 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 12:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: I would think putting the entire family on a plane and shipping them back would be cheaper.
Remember back in 2014 when Obama was in office and the put all of the illegal kids separated from their parents on a bus to Nogales Arizona? I do. Where was all the outrage for those poor children then? This kind of thing has been going on for a very long time.

Linky: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/ari.../10113105/

Obama would never do that!! If he did it was because of Trump! They were in such horrid conditions then, it was because of republicans. Get with the program Mister! Or you will be next. Don't you know all the cool kids hate Trump.

Whataboutism Yawn
(06-18-2018, 02:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Whataboutism Yawn

45846688jerry

Wow! And what if their own country refused to let the plane land? I guess you could just strap them in parachutes and drop them close to their homes. Problem Solved.
(06-18-2018, 03:39 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:

Wow! And what if their own country refused to let the plane land. I guess you could just strap them in parachutes and drop them close to their homes. Problem Solved.

Take away their piece of the pie and use it to build a wall. Or here's a better idea, send a family to every politician, celebrity, American that is bitching about it and let them care for them just like an adoption.
Maggot, I don't like the fact that Mexico helps them get through to illegally enter the USA. Maybe just put them on a bus and give back to Mexico. Why were they not stopped when they entered Mexico's southern boarder or during their 2,000 mile trek north. Looks like Mexico is part of the problem.
(06-18-2018, 03:43 PM)Maggot Wrote: Take away their piece of the pie and use it to build a wall. Or here's a better idea, send a family to every politician, celebrity, American that is bitching about it and let them care for them just like an adoption.

If this continues it will self correct when they have destroyed the very country they sought refuge in and it becomes just like the S__tHole they left.
(06-18-2018, 02:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Whataboutism Yawn
But wait... There's more! Guess who signed the law that says children of illegal immigrants can be separated from their parents? Wait for it... You favorite President Bill Clinton! Oh how quickly the world forgot about poor little Elian. Priceless.
(06-18-2018, 04:05 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: But wait... There's more! Guess who signed the law that says children of illegal immigrants can be separated from their parents? Wait for it... You favorite President Bill Clinton! Oh how quickly the world forgot about poor little Elian. Priceless.

I don't know anything about this but when I get a few minutes I'll go check it out.

You're a father, how are you justifying this in your head?
(06-18-2018, 04:05 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: But wait... There's more! Guess who signed the law that says children of illegal immigrants can be separated from their parents? Wait for it... You favorite President Bill Clinton! Oh how quickly the world forgot about poor little Elian. Priceless.

So I did a small google search for Clinton or Obama doing this and I can't find anything. Could you post a link so I can read about this? Thanks!