Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
(06-20-2018, 06:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I still believe one of Trump’s motives in green lighting child separations was to gain leverage for border wall funding.

Of course it is and he said as much last Friday when he said he would not change the policy unless Democrats agreed to his immigration demands, which include funding a border wall.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-20-2018, 06:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Your butthurt trolls are lame Gunnar.

I still believe one of Trump’s motives in green lighting child separations was to gain leverage for border wall funding.

The fact that he failed and instead got quick and massive condemnation (even from his own party) which forced him to flip flop ...... doesn’t change his original motives. That’s true whether my opinion as to his motives are accurate or not.

Anyway, I read the latest on the House immigration bill votes tomorrow. It’s still a jumbled mess.

There are still two bills which may be presented. Republican lawmakers are still fiddling with them and still trying to drum up enough Republican votes for one of them to pass. No Democrat participation has been sought.

The one that currently has the most secured votes is the compromise bill, which now includes wall funding. But it’s still reportedly contested hotly among Republicans. The broader immigration reform bill is reportedly a very long shot.
It's a hostage negotiation. Pick an angle and stick with it.
(06-21-2018, 07:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 06:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I still believe one of Trump’s motives in green lighting child separations was to gain leverage for border wall funding.
Of course it is and he said as much last Friday when he said he would not change the policy unless Democrats agreed to his immigration demands, which include funding a border wall.

Thanks, Duchess. I found the Trump interview you referenced summarized at Washington Post. I hadn’t seen it previously.

Clearly, by his own account, Trump hoped to use the children to force wall funding and other immigration demands. While he and some of his most dishonest supporters, including members of his family, keep trying to blame existing law and Democrat policies for the inhumane shitshow of Trump’s own making, only the most gullible and uninformed are buying it.

Trump was trying to force Republicans to pass one of two Republican bills and ensure both bills included his $25 billion wall funding. However, even with the wall funding now included in the bills, there’s deep skepticism that either bill will get enough Republican votes. The far right Freedom Caucus won’t sign anything that includes ‘amnesty’ for DACA recipients and the moderates don’t support the extreme positions in the competing bill.

It seems obvious to me that falsely blaming Democrats, who haven’t even been asked for input on the bills and already have draft bi-partisan immigration legislation ready, was Trump’s attempt to shield vulnerable Republicans up for re-election in immigrant-heavy districts. Fail.

Im glad the strategy failed due to public and press pressure levied at the Trump administration and Republicans up for re-election in November.

I wasn’t able to find a clip of yesterday’s interview with Republican congressmen Jeff Denham from the California. He represents a district where immigrants are key to economic viability and are valued members of the community.
(06-21-2018, 09:11 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: It's a hostage negotiation. Pick an angle and stick with it.

DERP. Lame and sloooooooow as molasses.

I didn’t change my angle, I reconfirmed it.

Trump himself all but admitted the obvious — he was trying to get border wall funding by anchoring it to ending family separation.

Due to bipartisan public pressure to stop taking children from their parents immediately, Trump was forced to fold his leverage card prematurely.

And due to the inability of Republican Congresspersons to agree on an immigration bill, it appears he wouldn’t have secured his wall funding through Congress anyway. He overplayed his hand, in my opinion.

But, let’s see — maybe the Republicans will actually get enough Republican votes today to move legislation forward. I’ll be surprised if that happens.
(06-21-2018, 10:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Due to bipartisan public pressure to stop taking children from their parents immediately, Trump was forced to fold his leverage card prematurely.

The EO he signed yesterday was nothing more than a ridiculous photo op. It doesn't change much of anything. I'm still reading what some attorneys are saying about it but it appears the bottom line is that families are still going to be separated and overnight some new information has come to light. I'm trying to get it confirmed. It's said that some of the young people have been drugged against their will and others have been put through stuff that is akin to torture. I read someone refer to it as "Gitmo in the US". I really hope it's not true and just horrible gossip.
(06-21-2018, 10:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 09:11 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: It's a hostage negotiation. Pick an angle and stick with it.

DERP. Lame and sloooooooow as molasses.

I didn’t change my angle, I reconfirmed it.

Trump himself all but admitted the obvious — he was trying to get border wall funding by anchoring it to ending family separation.

Due to bipartisan public pressure to stop taking children from their parents immediately, Trump was forced to fold his leverage card prematurely.

And due to the inability of Republican Congresspersons to agree on an immigration bill, it appears he wouldn’t have secured his wall funding through Congress anyway. He overplayed his hand, in my opinion.

But, let’s see — maybe the Republicans will actually get enough Republican votes today to move legislation forward. I’ll be surprised if that happens.
Nope you pulled your usual intelligence insult. *yawns* Now when you're wrong you've added troll to your repertoire. Truly fascinating display HoTD.
Duchess, I’m so sorry I deleted your last post! My laptop bit the dust and I suck at posting on my phone.

I did see the story about the San Francisco couple who’ve raised over $15 million.

It’s really encouraging to see so many people willing to help right a wrong.

Most Americans are still compassionate and in strong support of human and civil rights, in my opinion.

We’re just hearing more from those who aren’t because they’re louder and more proud of their discrimination these days; it’s been made more acceptable, from the top down.
(06-21-2018, 11:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Duchess, I’m so sorry I deleted your last post!

hah It's fine, doll, not a problem.
(06-21-2018, 11:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: We’re just hearing more friom those who aren’t because they’re louder and more proud of their discrimination these days; it’s been made more acceptable, from the top down.

I'd be sorta horrified to be seen as a bigot & polite society isn't going to forget this shit. As far as the people in this administration go, it's my hope they are ostracized when they attempt a return to private citizen.
(06-20-2018, 10:10 PM)Maggot Wrote: Trump has bowed to the masses. It's a good thing, he has said that illegals may have to go to military bases where there is more room and also more airplanes to deport the illegals that do not pass muster. It's a good thing, finally a President that is taking this immigration problem and spearheading an immigration policy that stays within legal boundaries and limits the amount of immigrants that come here to feed.

(06-20-2018, 10:10 PM)Maggot Wrote: It's not like many of them are coming here to work in nuclear facilities or treat patients or build skyscrapers but it's a good start.
Some are coming to pick fruit, which is an industry that is suffering. I also know many in the construction trade, but you meant engineering skyskrapers I am sure. And while we are at it, I know some doctors as well. Which group are you specifically talking about?

Quote:Lets see if the Democrats have any constructive ideas to stem the flow and create a better society that abides by our laws.

I have no problem whatsoever with immigration I do have a problem with America being thought of as a golden banana and a bottomless well of money a bastion of free money and attention.

Quote: visas could be used and they could come and work and not abuse that trust. Maybe they could understand that this is not a place that will pay housing, food, childcare or any of the free things that Americans get because they are citizens. Maybe it's the beginning of true immigration reform. If anyone can do it a non politician like Trump may have a chance. Maybe. But I fear that the Dems want nothing to do with it, but we shall see if they truly care about immigration or are just using it to advance their own agenda.

Who is getting free stuff just for being a citizen?
Fake news.

TEGUCIGALPA (Reuters) - The Honduran toddler pictured sobbing in a pink jacket before U.S. President Donald Trump on an upcoming cover of Time magazine was not separated from her mother at the U.S. border, according to a man who says he is the girl's father.

The powerful original photograph, taken at the scene of a border detention by Getty Images photographer John Moore, became one of the iconic images in the flurry of media coverage about the separation of families by the Trump administration.

Dozens of newspapers and magazines around the globe published the picture, swelling the tide of outrage that pushed Trump to back down Wednesday and say families would no longer be separated.

"My daughter has become a symbol of the ... separation of children at the U.S. border. She may have even touched President Trump's heart," Denis Valera told Reuters in a telephone interview.

Valera said the little girl and her mother, Sandra Sanchez, have been detained together in the Texas border town of McAllen, where Sanchez has applied for asylum, and they were not separated after being detained near the border.

Honduran deputy foreign minister Nelly Jerez confirmed Valera's version of events.

Varela said he was awestruck and pained when he first saw the photo of his crying daughter on TV. "Seeing what was happening to her in that moment breaks anyone's heart," he said.

The photo was used on a Facebook fundraiser that drew more than $17 million dollars in donations from close to half a million people for the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES),

Trump again making money for the masses! hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It wasn't fake news. From what I saw, it was reported to be a picture of a child in distress at border detention, which is what it is.

I didn't assume that child was one who'd been taken from her parent, but I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm also not assuming the narrative from the mother's partner, who she left behind, would match the mother's story (which hasn't been told first-hand, as far as I know). Maybe it would, maybe not.

Anyway, to me, that is just one of thousands of personal stories and doesn't change the facts behind the new policy nor my opinions about how it was executed and the impacts.

Regardless of that one photo, it's a very good thing that members of the public are stepping up to help end the new separation policy and reunite children and their parents, in my opinion.
It is my understanding Trump is having the gofund account seized for encouraging illegal activities and is diverting it to the wall.
(06-22-2018, 10:40 AM)BigMark Wrote: It is my understanding Trump is having the gofund account seized for encouraging illegal activities and is diverting it to the wall.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Ridiculous.

BUT, I could actually see Trump attempting something so petty and illogical.
That's my boy!
(06-21-2018, 12:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 11:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: We’re just hearing more friom those who aren’t because they’re louder and more proud of their discrimination these days; it’s been made more acceptable, from the top down.

I'd be sorta horrified to be seen as a bigot & polite society isn't going to forget this shit. As far as the people in this administration go, it's my hope they are ostracized when they attempt a return to private citizen.

Honestly, I think they'll simply remain accepted in the same circle of like-minded individuals.

It's no secret how Stephen Miller, Jeff Sessions, etc.......feel about immigrants.

Miller's views are vile to me -- look up some of his speeches and comments. He's reportedly the architect of Trump's immigration policy, which has thus far been an even bigger fiasco than Bannon and Giuliani's crafting of Trump's Muslim Ban.

I won't be surprised if Joe Arpaio turns out to have been involved in this immigration policy clusterfuck too. He refused to stop profiling Hispanics even after court order and was convicted (though pardoned by Trump before any time served). Arpaio lined the pockets of a lot of his buddies in the private prison industry in the process. Some of those same buddies stand to rake in billions from Trump's new immigration enforcement policies.

Anyway, yesterday, a Republican Rep publicly called for the resignation of Miller and the immediate governmental reunification of separated families. I don't think he should hold his breath for that to occur.

Snip:
Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo., took to Twitter to urge the president to ensure every child is reunited with his or her family and to fire those responsible for the policy that has allowed families to be separated.

“I’m glad the President ended the border separation policy, but there’s more work to do. I’m going to the border in TX myself this weekend to see the situation firsthand and learn more about what needs to get done. The President should put a General, a respected retired CEO or some other senior leadership figure on the job of making sure each and every child is returned to their parents,” Coffman tweeted.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...hen-miller
(06-22-2018, 11:05 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Honestly, I think they'll simply remain accepted in the same circle of like-minded individuals.

It's no secret how Stephen Miller, Jeff Sessions, etc.......feel about immigrants.

Miller's views are vile to me -- look up some of his speeches and comments. He's reportedly the architect of Trump's immigration policy, which has thus far been an even bigger fiasco than Bannon and Giuliani's crafting of Trump's Muslim Ban.

I won't be surprised if Joe Arpaio turns out to have been involved in this immigration policy clusterfuck too. He refused to stop profiling Hispanics even after court order and was convicted (though pardoned by Trump before any time served). Arpaio lined the pockets of a lot of his buddies in the private prison industry in the process. Some of those same buddies stand to rake in billions from the Trump's new immigration enforcement policies.

Anyway, yesterday, a Republican Rep publicly called for the resignation of Miller and the immediate governmental reunification of separated families. I don't think he should hold his breath for that to occur.

Snip:
Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo., took to Twitter to urge the president to ensure every child is reunited with his or her family and to fire those responsible for the policy that has allowed families to be separated.

“I’m glad the President ended the border separation policy, but there’s more work to do. I’m going to the border in TX myself this weekend to see the situation firsthand and learn more about what needs to get done. The President should put a General, a respected retired CEO or some other senior leadership figure on the job of making sure each and every child is returned to their parents,” Coffman tweeted.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...hen-miller

I did know that Jefferson Sessions is a wretched individual & Miller even more despicable than trump if that's possible. They are racist and those that support them share the same trait. I think you're probably right about them all still being accepted in like minded circles. I hope they're all shunned by people that matter. They don't deserve the air they breathe.
This is the rest of the tweet from Colorado Republican Rep Mike Coffman:

“And the President should fire Stephen Miller now. This is a human rights mess. It is on the President to clean it up and fire the people responsible for making it.” https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...hen-miller

Better late than never. I'm glad to see a few Republicans grow a set and begin to speak out. I don't think I will ever get over the way so many of them are afraid of trump and his tweets. I don't know how they look themselves in a mirror and I don't know why their women accept neutered men.
If Republicans are wretched, stupid, evil, bad, people for not agreeing with Democrats so be it. This is the message Dems put out. Otherwise it's open borders, which is what is really wanted. Trump stopped the separations but right away the moonbats and crazy people went right back at him. Like I said Trump will never do right with the hypocritical Democrat society that lives their days glued to CNN and MSNBC. I'm glad most Americans can see through their smokescreen. Oh well, as things get better more people will see. I'm not worried about it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.