Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
(03-06-2017, 12:53 PM)Maggot Wrote: This policy will give the new ones something to think about before coming in that's for sure.

That's certainly what the government wants to make sure happens and it's probably where the idea to separate mothers from their children came from. They believe mothers will think twice before trying to make their way here with their kids in tow.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
This is what happens when nothing is done for years, the hammer comes down at some point and everyone cries discrimination.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I haven't seen anyone crying discrimination around here. Is there a lot of that up North?

This President does not speak for me, he speaks to his supporters only and as far as I can tell his speech is the word of God to them. I just read that another brown skinned person has been murdered, the last person I read about had been told to go back to his country before he was shot. I don't agree with any of this.
(03-06-2017, 01:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I agree with most of what you wrote, Six, except coming into the U.S. and staying here without documentation is not a criminal offense, it's a civil one.

You're right that plenty of undocumented immigrants have been long here enough to seek legal status or citizenship. However, the majority contribute to society.

We already have declining immigration across our borders. Comprehensive immigration reform, a path to authorized residency and citizenship for non-felons, and tighter border control are much better ways to address the problem of immigrants coming through Mexico than mass deportations, in my opinion.
I don't disagree, mostly.
So far I haven't seen much in deportations of folks that "Haven't done anything", other than be here illegally. probably some in there though. I think the US has been way more that fair with this bullshit, try going and staying in mexico illegally, let me know how that works out
(03-06-2017, 01:32 PM)Maggot Wrote: This is what happens when nothing is done for years, the hammer comes down at some point and everyone cries discrimination.

Exactly

I feel bad when I see kids crying because their parent/s are being arrested and taken away. It bothers me when ICE lurks outside of churches, courts and hospitals. This is just how I feel when I see it go down :(
(03-06-2017, 07:23 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 01:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I agree with most of what you wrote, Six, except coming into the U.S. and staying here without documentation is not a criminal offense, it's a civil one.

You're right that plenty of undocumented immigrants have been long here enough to seek legal status or citizenship. However, the majority contribute to society.

We already have declining immigration across our borders. Comprehensive immigration reform, a path to authorized residency and citizenship for non-felons, and tighter border control are much better ways to address the problem of immigrants coming through Mexico than mass deportations, in my opinion.
I don't disagree, mostly.
So far I haven't seen much in deportations of folks that "Haven't done anything", other than be here illegally. probably some in there though. I think the US has been way more that fair with this bullshit, try going and staying in mexico illegally, let me know how that works out

Lots of American criminals have entered Mexico and Baja California on the run from the U.S. law, found work, and lived nice beachside lives for years instead of being caged up here.

I'd say it worked out pretty well for them, especially the ones that still haven't been caught.

Mexican authorities have worked with U.S. authorities to more aggressively track them down in recent years though, so I don't think it's such a good plan these days.
(03-06-2017, 07:23 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I don't disagree, mostly.

Lots of American criminals have entered Mexico and Baja California on the run from the U.S. law, found work, and illegally lived nice beachside lives for years there instead of being caged up here.

I'd say it worked out pretty well for them, especially the ones that still haven't been caught.

Mexican authorities have worked with U.S. authorities to more aggressively track them down in recent years though, so I don't think it's such a good plan these days.
You can't be extradited from Mexico if you face the death penalty.
(03-06-2017, 07:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel bad when I see kids crying because their parent/s are being arrested and taken away. It bothers me when ICE lurks outside of churches, courts and hospitals. This is just how I feel when I see it go down :(

The media does that and with a smile.
(03-06-2017, 08:23 PM)BigMark Wrote: You can't be extradited from Mexico if you face the death penalty.

Yeah, that's true of Mexico and several other countries.

But, very few of the thousands of American criminals who've fled to Mexico and illegally taken up residence there to escape justice committed capital crimes.

I think most were guilty of custody kidnappings, drug/alcohol and firearms offenses, and the like.
And the Mexicans don't have rallies lamenting their return.
(03-06-2017, 09:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: The media does that and with a smile.

It doesn't change the fact that it's true and many of the videos I've seen have been posted by the people who filmed it, the media then has to get permission from them to use it.

Stop deporting people who went to war for this country, goddamnit. If they're good enough to risk their life for the United States they are good enough to be granted citizenship. I'm sick of these stories every friggin' morning. Just fuckin stop. These people have earned the right to be American citizens.
(03-21-2017, 05:09 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Stop deporting people who went to war for this country, goddamnit. If they're good enough to risk their life for the United States they are good enough to be granted citizenship. I'm sick of these stories every friggin' morning. Just fuckin stop. These people have earned the right to be American citizens.
Not if they are convicted of serious crimes like drug dealing. Pert of the deal for citizenship other than the military service is no convictions for serious crimes. Fuckem, kick em out.

If they served with honor AND managed to not become a criminal then they should be welcome
Lets teach them to kill then let them stay when they don't follow the rules, AGAIN.
How's that illegal entry thing going?
You tell us maggittyboo.
I'm thinking its slowed down a bit.

ICE is the new Gestapo.