(22-Jul-2018) NOTICE: Mockforums.net has been upgraded. Please post any issues/queries. Thank you!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
(07-03-2018, 01:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: This is the tweet exchange that went down today. An official White House tweet accused Senator Harris of supporting MS-13 and she pushed back.

The White House official account was used to go after a few Senators. I like Senator Harris' push back. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Trolling sitting Senators. WTF.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-03-2018, 01:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm so hung up on DHHS taking all those kids (some infants & toddlers), who will never find their way back to their parents. It's unforgivable. They haven't a fuckin' clue where some of those kids are.

It is unforgivable. As you noted upthread, many of the cases involve young children who can't even communicate about their parents.

It's also unacceptable that the Administration refuses to release important information about what the government is doing and the status of the separated children.

It does not appear that the Trump Administration will meet the reunification deadlines established by the federal court in San Diego. I'm not sure what comes next, from a legal perspective.

But, it's good to see the courts, the press, and the public are keeping the heat on. That needs to continue until every child's location is known to his/her parents, communication between them is established, and the path to reunification is firmly established.
(07-03-2018, 01:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, it's good to see the courts, the press, and the public are keeping the heat on. That needs to continue until every child's location is known to his/her parents, communication between them is established, and the path to reunification is firmly established.

Yeah! Taz

I can't wait until all those incompetent, unqualified muthafuckas are run out of town on a rail. There are tiny bits of happiness here & there when I hear of them paying a price, however small, for their fucked-upness. Alan Dershowitz wrote an op-ed and talked about being shunned on Martha's Vineyard. His (former) pals have "socially banned" him. His phrase, not mine. HaHaFuckinHa. Cry me a river, you old twat.
(07-03-2018, 02:12 PM)Duchess Wrote: There are tiny bits of happiness here & there when I hear of them paying a price, however small, for their fucked-upness.

The government missed its deadline for reuniting children 5 and under with a parent or guardian. Only four out of the 102 babies and toddlers had been reunited before the July 10 deadline, according to a court filing from government lawyers.

The children in question for Tuesdays deadline were all 5 and under, but nearly 3,000 minors in total still need to be reunited with their parents as a result of a ruling Judge Sabraw issued on June 26, calling for reunification and an end to family separations within a month.

Sabraw urged the federal government to reunify children separated from their parents as quickly as possible.

"These are not aspirational goals," he said, referring to the deadlines he set out. HHS has until July 26 to reunify children aged 5 to 17.

DNA testing is being used to match children with their family members. The judge ordered the DNA samples to be destroyed after reunification.

Yesterday, another judge, Dolly Gee, denied the Administration's attempt to detain families together indefinitely. She said the government was bound by Flores and called their legal move a "cynical attempt" to shift responsibility for immigration policy to the judiciary.

Full story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/pare...ne-n890251
When families are released with case managers and/or ankle monitors, more than 90% turn up for their immigration court dates. Until Congress passes immigration reform, I think that 'catch and release' policy will likely be reinstated, no matter how much Trump beat Obama over the head about it.

I hope the suspicion that the government is drawing this out, because the separations and images of migrants in detention and distress appeals to the President's base, is overstated.

But, based on Trump's statements yesterday and the pace of reunification, it's not hard to believe that it's intentional (to deter migrants and asylum seekers and shore up the base).
(07-11-2018, 11:03 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, based on Trump's statements yesterday and the pace of reunification, it's not hard to believe that it's intentional (to deter migrants and asylum seekers and shore up the base).

This administration does not care a wit about people who are anything other than white and once you get into only the white people other caveats may begin to apply.

I'm pretty sure the plan to separate families was in the works shortly after the inauguration, if not before and I don't think for a minute that any judge's ruling is going to phase these people at all. They are still planning for facilities that are going to be housing these people.

I hate all those fuckers. Everyday I have a choice to make, stay on top of current events or protect my sanity. It's one or the other.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Shhhh. Hush yur mouf. I lost my mind when this administration took those kids. Now, some are lost forever. I'm not going to be quiet about this.
(07-11-2018, 02:31 PM)BigMark Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Bravo
Duchess,Milania, Sally or whatever the fuck your real name is. remember when we all agreed Aussie was losing her mind? That's you, now.
When the forum Dodo, backed by the resident birdbrain, musters up a radical burn like "you're cuckoo for knowing and caring about shit!!!"............ it's gotta really sting bro.

That mighta worked on my friend aussie sometimes when she was on a low swing, but Duchess could easily clean your clocks (if it was worth the minimal effort, which is unlikely).
(07-11-2018, 10:06 PM)BigMark Wrote: Duchess,Milania, Sally or whatever the fuck your real name is. remember when we all agreed Aussie was losing her mind? That's you, now.

No it isn't.