Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Misheard Song Lyrics
Padded Bra! Padded Bra -ah-ah! Smiley_emoticons_smile

Some of those were pretty funny.

Not so funny when I discover that I've been singing the wrong lyrics aloud for years, though.
You took the words right out of my mouth HoTD!!!!!! Especially 'wrapped up like a douche'.
CCR .........."There's a bathroom on the right" has been around awhile.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-10-2014, 03:34 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You took the words right out of my mouth HoTD!!!!!! Especially 'wrapped up like a douche'.

I knew the right words to all of the songs in your OP video, aussie.

But, I've made some worse lyrical blunders with other songs (before we could check lyrics lickity split on the internet).

The one that I'll never live down -- because it's since been how one of my friends and I end every single conversation -- is from Pablo Cruise's "Love Will Find a Way".

So, keep your heart open -- love will find a way. Pablo Cruise.
So, keep your hole open -- love will find a way. HOTD. 50
^ what hole did you think Pablo was talking about all these years?
I've known for years and years that those were the wrong lyrics, MS.

But, while partying too much and listening to the radio way back when, "hole" was what came out of my mouth. I wasn't really thinking about it -- just belting out the song.

Since then, "keep your hole open" lives on...
Kinda like Matchbox Twenty's '3am':

'it's 3:00am I'm drunk and horny'

I always substitute that.

Makes it much better.
Every picture tells a story . . . doughnut?
I honestly will put words in that aren't there or not even english. Once it's set, it's very hard to break. The 'wrapped up like a douche' I also sing 'you know a roner in the night'. I don't know what a 'roner' is, I have never seen one, but its in that song.
(07-10-2014, 06:55 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I honestly will put words in that aren't there or not even english.

Tourettes.

Honestly.
I laughed my ass off a while ago when my son came walking into the kitchen singing "I got to moo-ooo--oo-oo-ve my jacket"
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(07-10-2014, 06:59 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 06:55 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I honestly will put words in that aren't there or not even english.

Tourettes.

Honestly.

I had a pal from work that had a touretts kid and what a freakin handful! He was stimulated by everything and drove me nuts. Me and his watcher had a great time running around like crazy people keeping that lil bastard occupied. He didn't swear much but he told you what the fuck was on his mind. My pal from work who taught Karate told me there was a few times at the basketball court he got scared because the knuckleheads at the court didn't understand, and him making a quick exit was the only way out. The kid would tell people all kinds of shit off the top of his head and just pissed people off. This was 5 years ago and he was a big kid........not sure what he is up to today, probably on the wresting circuit or something being the annoying blob from Boston.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I love the "Cause I ain't no harlem black girl." Oops, mistakenly racist.

The Blue song is so easily heard how you want. My Colombian friend told me their entire country thought it was "I'm in need of a guy" and hated the song cause they thought it was homosexual. My favorite rendition of it tho, is, "I'm blue, if I were green I would die, if I were green, I would die." I sing it that way every time.
(07-10-2014, 06:55 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I honestly will put words in that aren't there or not even english. Once it's set, it's very hard to break. The 'wrapped up like a douche' I also sing 'you know a roner in the night'. I don't know what a 'roner' is, I have never seen one, but its in that song.

Well, if you don't pull a runner on "roner' and start singing the correct lyrics instead, just make sure you're not belting out Blinded by the Light in the presence of an Urban Dictionary aficionado.

roner: a random boner, when one is unaware of their erection
In context -- "I got up to go to the chalk board and I realized that I had a roner!"

My dad was a big Eric Clapton fan. He was the first person to call me out for taking liberties with lyrics. I was probably 11 or 12.

"Every time that I plant a seed, he says kill it before it grows". Eric Clapton.

"Every time that I plant a seed, he says killing people is gross". HOTD.
(07-11-2014, 08:46 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: roner: a random boner, when one is unaware of their erection

It would explain why he was "wrapped up like a douche"
A roner in the night can be a hard surprise to handle when you find yourself backed up against it.

The best way to put it to bed is to take matters into your own hands or address it head-on, IMO.

If you try to ignore it, you'll probably just end up getting screwed.
The thing is, it's art, so in that context it doesn't have to make sense. In fact, stop making sense.
"Stop making sense...it's art."

Ok -- I hear ya, aussie. I don't wanna be like one of those overly literal talking heads.

I was just sharing some advice and preferences, but agree that you should be as creative as you see fit when it comes to handling roners in the night. Smiley_emoticons_smile
you forgot, wrapped up like a douche.