Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
fun facts about food
The softening agent lcysteine used in some brands of bread is made of duck feathers and human hair.

Nice to know the next time you have a “sammich”
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Castoreum, which is used as a vanilla flavouring in candy and baked items is actually a secretion from the anal glands of beavers.

Mmmm. Can you taste the vanilla?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Large doses of nutmeg can make you hallucinate.
Fruit flavoured snacks are made with the same wax you use on your car.
I just heard that about the vanilla today.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
70% of olive oils aren't actually olive oils even the expensive ones. Italian authorities have said the mafia make a fortune from packaging and selling fake olive oil.
In a popular theme park in Tokyo they sell raw horse flesh flavoured ice cream. They also specialize in serving a fish that is cooked but still breathing when it is served and eaten.
Ketchup was used as a medicine to treat dysentry in the 1800s. There was a period when tomatoes were thought to be a “miracle food”.
Regardless of the colour all fruit loops have the same flavour.
One fast food burger can contain the meat of 100 different cows.
Honey is made of nectar and bee puke.
What's with all the separate posts?
He's working on his post count.
I see. At least he has a goal.
I prefer the alternate title for this thread... Shit nobody cares about.
(07-22-2014, 04:19 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Castoreum, which is used as a vanilla flavouring in candy and baked items is actually a secretion from the anal glands of beavers.

Mmmm. Can you taste the vanilla?
Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Make up your mind, are you talking about beaver or anal? hah
Mario Batali's restaurant in NYC sucked, so much that I almost wrote a review on it and I've never wrote a review in my life. The service was obnoxious and snooty and the food didn't make up for it. The staff was overly attentive while at the same time unfriendly which became really annoying since they were doing everything other than bringing us more cocktails. Our table was always cleared of crumbs and the forks were removed and replaced in their proper spot, but my wine glass stayed empty. Plus the pasta was overcooked which should land Mario Batali in the big house.

I'm not sure that would be considered a fun food fact, but whatever.
(07-28-2014, 04:05 PM)sally Wrote: Mario Batali's restaurant in NYC sucked, so much that I almost wrote a review on it and I've never wrote a review in my life. The service was obnoxious and snooty and the food didn't make up for it. The staff was overly attentive while at the same time unfriendly which became really annoying since they were doing everything other than bringing us more cocktails. Our table was always cleared of crumbs and the forks were removed and replaced in their proper spot, but my wine glass stayed empty. Plus the pasta was overcooked which should land Mario Batali in the big house.

I'm not sure that would be considered a fun food fact, but whatever.
Deplorable.
Bastiges
$400 meal and the waitress ignored us all night. I could understand if they were busy but there were only two other tables upstairs next to us. She would walk by our table and I'm thinking she's going to stop and ask of if we'd like another drink and then she'd just keep walking and stood over in far corner with her thumb up her ass. Meanwhile we got this pedophile looking guy dusting crumbs off our table and rearranging our forks every two minutes.