Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
yard sale find
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: yard sale find

I'd love the opportunity to rummage around in the stuff someone has spent years collecting.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
04-20-2015 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(04-20-2015 12:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I'd love the opportunity to rummage around in the stuff someone has spent years collecting.

My youngest brother does too(garage sales, Goodwill,etc). I think for the most part you're just helping people relocate their junk. Though he has gotten me a few cool trinkets over the last few years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
04-21-2015 01:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I like estate sales, bigass flea markets, etc. I like to repurpose things. I've bought crappy old metal chandeliers, painted them black and hung one in my pergola. I'll pay a couple bucks for decorative pillows and throw them on the benches in my garden. Stuff like that is fun.

04-21-2015 06:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(04-21-2015 06:25 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

I like estate sales, bigass flea markets, etc. I like to repurpose things. I've bought crappy old metal chandeliers, painted them black and hung one in my pergola. I'll pay a couple bucks for decorative pillows and throw them on the benches in my garden. Stuff like that is fun.

Do you go to the big flea market/tag sale in Warrensburg? I might tag along with my brother and his friends next year if I'm not working or find something better to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
04-21-2015 10:00 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(04-21-2015 10:00 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  Do you go to the big flea market/tag sale in Warrensburg?

No, I didn't even know where it was until I googled it.

04-22-2015 05:05 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I have learned quite a bit from Antiques roadshow. Especially makers marks on the bottom of ceramic pieces, so much so that I bought a book with diagrams and images of goofy artists and their products that have made a mark on the art world. The stories behind the junk is interesting also.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
04-22-2015 08:36 AM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Some of those movie posters might be worth big bucks maggot... if you can get your hands on them cheap you might be able to turn a decent profit.

04-22-2015 11:01 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(04-22-2015 11:01 AM)Jimbone Wrote:  Some of those movie posters might be worth big bucks maggot... if you can get your hands on them cheap you might be able to turn a decent profit.

The ladys Daughter was there at the last sale and I almost bought an original French litho of Napoleons victory over some city. She wanted 200.00 for it and I thought that was steep. I don't doubt that the daughter will be looking up pricing on the posters and selling them for 20-100.00 each. They would have to be layed out flat on tables though.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
04-22-2015 12:31 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

A new guy down the road is having a yard sale Saturday and Sunday I'm gonna see if he will let me set up a geeky comic book table. I have way to many.

07-11-2015 01:22 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Lets try this, pictures of the sketches from 1845

[Image: IMG_1272.jpg]

[img][Image: IMG_1270.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_1275.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_1273.jpg][/img]

07-11-2015 01:47 AM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Very cool maggot. A step back in time...

07-11-2015 10:56 AM

ramseycat Offline
Mocker

Those are so cool!

Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
07-11-2015 01:05 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

They remind me of Beatrix Potter.

07-11-2015 01:10 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

So I have this friend who sometimes asks me to look up things online for him. He frequently goes to estate auctions and comes up with the damndest things. The other day it was a vintage wooden box, an ammo box. The box itself was in great shape, you could tell it was very old, the lettering was worn off but it was still so sturdy, it had that cool dovetail. As I'm checking it out it made me think of you. I regret not taking pix but I might start, I think some of that stuff would interest you.

The other thing he had was something that melts silver. He asked me to look up the temp at which it melts. It was brand new and he got it for a couple bucks, that thing sells for 100's.

Some of his finds are very interesting, others not so much.

11-28-2017 02:02 PM