Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WANTED: ERIC MATTHEW FREIN, COP KILLER -- CAPTURED
(10-31-2014, 03:58 PM)Duchess Wrote: Eric Frein was placed under arrest with the handcuffs belonging to the LEO he murdered. Heh.

Sounds like poetic justice to me.

Pennsylvania State Police Lt. Col. Bivens has told media sources that Frein is cooperating; LE is learning more about Frein's motives and about his movements during the 48-day manhunt. LE is not providing the details at this time because the investigation is ongoing.

Bivens announced that Frein was apprehended when U.S. marshals spotted him near an abandoned airport hangar at the Birchwood-Pocono Airport near Tannersville. “[His arrest] was not a result of a tip or a sighting," Bivens said. "[It] was a result of the ongoing pressure put on Frein by law enforcement."

[Image: s-ERIC-FREIN-large300.jpg]
Bivens confirmed that ^ the injuries to Frein's face were not sustained during his arrest, but rather during his time on the run.

The multi-agency manhunt cost an estimated $10,000,000 (that's 5 times as much as the state of Arizona has spent on Jodi Arias over the last 6 years). Effin' insanely expensive. All that money to hunt down one dipshit hater and murderer for a few weeks in an area measuring less than 5 square miles of his mommy and daddy's house. But, he's in captivity now and that's what matters -- $10 million was the price for public and LE safety in this case and it was a necessary expense. I'm relieved that Frein didn't kill anyone else while he was living out his cop-killing survivalist fantasy.

Prosecutors are said to be seeking the death penalty against Frein for the sabotage murder of Trooper Bryon Dickson.

Since Frein is now caged, children in the Poconos have been green-lighted to go trick or treating.

Latest: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/31..._ref=crime
Here's Frein's mugshot.

[Image: EP-141039944.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667]

This morning, US Marshall Scott Malkowski -- who took down Frein, accompanied by about a dozen other marshals -- told CNN his facial injuries came about when these authorities tried to detain Frein and avoid the firefight many feared. Source: http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/01/us/pennsylv...?hpt=ju_c2

However, I remember reading Pennsylvania State Police Lt. Col. Bivens holding a press conference right after Frein was captured; he told the the media that Frein's facial injuries did not occur during his capture. Source: http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/2...per-ambush

I don't give a shit if Frein got injured during his capture -- he's lucky he didn't get shot on sight. But, it looks bad when authorities come out with different stories on something so high profile. Bivens made the capture sound uneventful and without struggle (he'd been intimating that Frein is a weakling for some time). Malkowski makes it sound like there was a serious confrontation and Frein put up a fight. LE needs to get their ducks in a row if this case goes before a jury.
I'd absolutely expect a murderer to be forcefully subdued before being placed in cuffs.

I'm with you HotD. Why do the cops feel they need to lie about his injuries if they were inflicted by police? The public would still be supportive. Those aren't terrible injuries. I don't think anyone would see those and think they were over the top.

I don't get it.

He either put up a struggle or he didn't and now because of the discrepancies in the statements released I don't feel I can trust them to be honest. That's all it took was that one thing to make me lose faith in them. I won't be able to keep from questioning all of their comments from now on.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
FREIN IN COURT: NOW CHARGED WITH TERRORIST ACT

Authorities say Frein confessed to what he described as an assassination. He's charged with murder of Trooper Bryon Dickson, attempted murder of Trooper Alex Douglass, and other crimes.

[Image: Story.jpg]
In addition, ^ the newly clean-shaven and be-speckled "survivalist" now faces terrorism charges because his crimes were committed "with the purpose of influencing the policy of government." A letter Frein wrote to his parents, found on a computer hard drive after his Oct. 30 capture at an abandoned airplane hangar in the Pocono Mountains, formed some basis for these new charges.

Frein, described as having a vendetta against law enforcement, was identified as a suspect shortly after the shootings when a passer-by found his vehicle partially submerged in a small pond near the state police station and was captured 48 days later.

Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty if Frein is convicted.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-now/...d=28004358
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eric-frein-a...-in-court/
GUILTY OF ALL CHARGES

Last week, Eric Frein was found guilty of the 2014 first degree murder of Trooper Bryon Dickson, along with 12 other charges.

Tomorrow, the penalty phase of the trial will begin. The same jury that found Frein guilty will determine whether he spends his life in prison without parole or instead spends it on death row until his execution.
SENTENCED TO DEATH

Eric Frein, the would-be revolutionary who shot two Pennsylvania troopers, one fatally, in a late-night attack at their barracks, was sentenced to death late Wednesday. The jury's decision that Frein should die by lethal injection brought a shouted "yes!" from a gallery that included high-ranking state police brass, the slain officer's mother and the trooper who suffered debilitating injuries after Frein shot him with a high-powered rifle.

Frein, 33, did not react visibly to the sentence. Minutes after the jury issued it, a Pike County's sheriff climbed the courthouse cupola and rang the bell eight times, following a tradition that dates to the 19th century.

Prosecutors said Frein was hoping to start an uprising against the government when he opened fire on the Blooming Grove barracks in the Pocono Mountains on Sept. 12, 2014. Cpl. Bryon Dickson II, a Marine veteran and married father of two, was killed, and Trooper Alex Douglass was critically wounded.

Frein led police on a 48-day manhunt after the ambush, and for a time was among America's most wanted criminals.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eric-frein-t...nsylvania/