Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Buzzed . . . .
. . . . . Would you chance it and still drive your car if/when you're really buzzed? Unfortunately, I know a couple of people that will drive buzzed, one was even convicted of DUI, but the jackass still does it! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I have driven my car buzzed. I'm just lucky I didn't harm myself or others.

I had shit for brains and did it more than once. It was a very long time ago but nonetheless, I did it. It's not something I would even consider now and always think how very lucky I was not to have hurt someone or worse. It makes me cringe and frankly, somewhat ashamed to know I was so stupid.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I drive better when I'm buzzed. Not drunk, just slightly buzzed. I know myself well enough by now to know when I'm perfectly fine to drive and when I've had too much and have no business driving. I've never had a DUI and I think the last time I was even pulled over was like 15 years ago for not coming to a complete stop while turning right at a red light.
I always hand over the keys, the GF has 1 drink maybe when we are out. If I have more than 2 or 3 I hand them over.
She looks good driving the big ass truck
I almost need a drink to drive on some of the highways. When we drove to New York it was my turn to drive which happened to be in W VA and it was pouring raining going up and down the mountain on the edge of a cliff with steep grades and truckers doing 80 behind me. My husband woke up from his nap and asked what the hell is wrong with you, I was pale and sweating with my hands glued to the wheel and doing 45 while everyone was flying past me. I said I'm going to need a beer if you want me to keep driving.

Did you drive the DC Beltway? Hate that area probably more than anything in life, I'd rather navigate Orlando around the park everyday.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No, but now I know to avoid it. I'm a nervous wreck while driving, two or three beers actually do me good. It doesn't impair my judgment, it just makes it so I'm not a ball of nerves. There are also some huge bridges that I don't think I'd be able to drive without a drink or a Xanax or something.
Not since I took out the Jack in the Box drive thru sign. Got my car stuck on top of the damn thing too.
Commando Cunt Queen
Same here as Ms D. Long ago I am ashamed to say, that I drove home from a company Christmas party so shit faced that all I remember was red tail lights passing me on both sides since I was going so slow in the middle lane. Lucky for me that my car knew the way how to get home, cause I sure as hell didn't. It still is a mystery to me.
Thanks the powers to be, it was a miracle that I did not do any damage.
Learned my lesson, never ever did drink & drive again.

(09-25-2014, 03:44 PM)sally Wrote: No, but now I know to avoid it. I'm a nervous wreck while driving, two or three beers actually do me good. It doesn't impair my judgment, it just makes it so I'm not a ball of nerves. There are also some huge bridges that I don't think I'd be able to drive without a drink or a Xanax or something.

You never cease to amaze me.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I wouldn't drive buzzed on booze.
I hate thinking about how ignorant I used to be when it comes to drinking and driving.

We used to drink and drive at the same time in the summers. We'd each get an extra Big Gulp Slurpee from 7-Eleven -- half filled-- then fill the other 20 oz or so with red wine and drink Slurpee wine coolers on the 2 hour drive to Palm Springs or the 4 hour drive to Vegas (including whoever was driving).

That was really stupid and there are no excuses. There wasn't nearly as much information about the affects of drinking on driving publicized back then. I didn't drive when I was drunk, by my standards at least. But, I drove really buzzed -- probably over .08 and under .10 before the law changed. I should have known better and so should my older friends.

I haven't done that shit since I was 23 or 24 though and none of my friends drive buzzed or drunk either these days. Gotta hand it to MADD -- they've done an excellent job of educating the public and pushing for harsher laws -- using personal tragedies, fear tactics, and whatever else it takes to keep impaired drivers off the road.

Now, one glass of wine or two beers is the max (and not while driving!).
(09-25-2014, 08:35 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 03:44 PM)sally Wrote: No, but now I know to avoid it. I'm a nervous wreck while driving, two or three beers actually do me good. It doesn't impair my judgment, it just makes it so I'm not a ball of nerves. There are also some huge bridges that I don't think I'd be able to drive without a drink or a Xanax or something.

Please shoot me if I ever do. I could toss your dumb ass a ball of yarn and you'd be amazed.
(09-25-2014, 10:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I hate thinking about how ignorant I used to be when it comes to drinking and driving.

We used to drink and drive at the same time in the summers. We'd each get an extra Big Gulp Slurpee from 7-Eleven -- half filled-- then fill the other 20 oz or so with red wine and drink Slurpee wine coolers on the 2 hour drive to Palm Springs or the 4 hour drive to Vegas (including whoever was driving).

That was really stupid are there are no excuses. There wasn't nearly as much information about the affects of drinking on driving publicized back then. I didn't drive when I was drunk, by my standards at least. But, I drove really buzzed -- probably over .08 and under .10 before the law changed. I should have known better and so should my older friends.

I haven't done that shit since I was 23 or 24 though and none of my friends drive buzzed or drunk either these days. Gotta hand it to MADD -- they've done an excellent job of educating the public and pushing for harsher laws -- using personal tragedies, fear tactics, and whatever else it takes to keep impaired drivers off the road.

yeah I only drink two beers max nowadays as well.
(09-25-2014, 10:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I hate thinking about how ignorant I used to be when it comes to drinking and driving.

That was really stupid are there are no excuses. There wasn't nearly as much information about the affects of drinking on driving publicized back then. I didn't drive when I was drunk, by my standards at least. But, I drove really buzzed -- probably over .08 and under .10 before the law changed. I should have known better and so should my older friends.

Yes MADD did a great job getting the message out there.

Now if they could just form an organization called MATD, Mothers Against Text Driving, and get the same message out there so effectively.

(09-25-2014, 11:36 PM)sally Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 08:35 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

Please shoot me if I ever do. I could toss your dumb ass a ball of yarn and you'd be amazed.

You'd be too drunk to toss anything. "I drive better after a few beers." Are you related to my ex? JFC.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Texting while driving drunk eating Cheetos is a favorite pastime for all the young studs and studetts out there. The problem is that they can text better than they can drive. I wanna get a tractor trailer air horn for all the idiots stopped at green lights texting.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-26-2014, 06:36 AM)Carsman Wrote:

Yes MADD did a great job getting the message out there.

Now if they could just form an organization called MATD, Mothers Against Text Driving, and get the same message out there so effectively.
or MATT(Mothers Against TextTotaling)
(09-25-2014, 07:44 PM)username Wrote: Not since I took out the Jack in the Box drive thru sign. Got my car stuck on top of the damn thing too.

How the hell did I miss this? bwa hahahahahahha
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.