Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
crock pot recipes
Uhm thanks Blindgreed..now I'm picturing a crock pot brimming with shit. Gross...
(10-02-2014, 10:21 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: Uhm thanks Blindgreed..now I'm picturing a crock pot brimming with shit. Gross...
It's a gift.
One of the kid's favorites:

1 medium sized pork roast
2TBSP of oil (I use bacon grease that I leave in the pan after b-fast)
2 large packages of fresh sauerkraut
10 whole new potatos (peeled, the kids prefer the ones from the can but I like the fresh one's better)
1 large diced white onion
1Tsp of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder

Season the roast with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Braise in the 2TBSP of oil/grease until lightly browned on all sides. Add to the crock pot: roast, diced onion, potatos, and sauerkraut and add enough water to cover the roast. Cook for 8 hours. Remove the bones from the roast, flake the meat with a fork and then stir it up and let it cook for 1 more hour. Serve in a bowl. Even people who proclaim their dislike of sauerkraut have asked for 2nds.
I posted this once before, but it's a good one so I'll post it again.

Boogie Woogie Beef

2 (10 3⁄4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup red wine
2 envelopes Lipton beefy onion soup mix
1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 pounds stew beef
12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
12 ounces baby carrots

Mix cream of mushroom soup, wine, beefy onion soup mix and dried thyme in crockpot. Add meat, carrots, and mushrooms; and stir.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, then on LOW for 4 hours, or just cook on LOW for about 8 to 10 hours.
Yet another super easy beef crock pot recipe:

1 medium sized roast
1 large jar of Marzetta peperonchini (sliced)
Italian rolls

Cook in the crockpot for 8 hours. Flake the meat apart with a fork and serve on a nice Italian roll. Italian beef made easy.
Just did up a batch of turkey rice soup in the crock. Earlier this week I bought a smoked turkey. When most was gone, I broke it up into bits, and made a soup with it today. Used the turkey, with some of the skin. 3 cans of turkey broth, some carrots, mushrooms, and corn. Also put in a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a packet of dry gravy mix. Added some garlic and herb seasoning too.
Cooked it for about 5.5 hours on high. Turned out not bad.
I almost put macaroni some peas and a quart of cheese ends with a bunch of cut up ham in the crockpot today. Then I thought of the mess it would make and had a bowl of shredded wheat. I'm afraid of conflict.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-08-2014, 10:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: I almost put macaroni some peas and a quart of cheese ends with a bunch of cut up ham in the crockpot today. Then I thought of the mess it would make and had a bowl of shredded wheat. I'm afraid of conflict.

Oh come on...that mac and cheese hammy peas sounds good...go ahead, you KNOW you want it.
(11-08-2014, 11:16 PM)QueenBee Wrote:
(11-08-2014, 10:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: I almost put macaroni some peas and a quart of cheese ends with a bunch of cut up ham in the crockpot today. Then I thought of the mess it would make and had a bowl of shredded wheat. I'm afraid of conflict.

Oh come on...that mac and cheese hammy peas sounds good...go ahead, you KNOW you want it.

I Know.........but its missing something. Not sure what, but it sure sounds good for a Sunday football thing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.