Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread

(11-15-2014 11:21 AM)sally Wrote:  If this thread didn't suck before it really does now that Crazy Lady butted in with her Cher bullshit. And that moron MS should be along any moment to post the lyrics to "I've got you babe" like none us have heard the fucking song before.

How about this one instead:

We've only just begun, to live...

White lace and promises

A kiss for luck and we're on our way...

The Carpenters-1971

11-15-2014 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
11-15-2014 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(11-15-2014 12:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

One of my favorite scenes from Happy Gilmore, has Carl Weathers playing/singing this song.

Good stuff.

11-15-2014 12:27 PM

sally Away
sally

Play the video so it really gets stuck in your head. My daughter actually liked it, she started singing to it hah

11-15-2014 12:31 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Alfie was a slut.

11-15-2014 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

So is Taylor Swift.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
11-15-2014 01:49 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

(11-15-2014 12:04 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 11:21 AM)sally Wrote:  If this thread didn't suck before it really does now that Crazy Lady butted in with her Cher bullshit. And that moron MS should be along any moment to post the lyrics to "I've got you babe" like none us have heard the fucking song before.

The crazy lady talks outta both sides of her mouth...or ass.

haha you wish, I said the thread is boring like you not the clips I watched on youtube that was from HoTDs contribution.

It's my job to make these assessments based on my experience in this area, it's your job to shut the fuck up already. Crotchety old cow.

11-15-2014 11:19 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Sad music news...

Saxophonist Bobby Keys died today at his home in Tennessee. He was 70 and had been ill since earlier this year when he had to drop out of touring with The Rolling Stones.

He played sax for a lot of artists, but most notably several tracks for The Stones. He's the big man behind the awesome sax on "Brown Sugar".

Here's Bobby blowing "Brown Sugar" with The Suffering Bastards a couple of years back.

Great live version of the song. That's Jackie Greene on vocals -- the rest of the bastards: Dan Baird (Georgia Satellites), Steve Gorman (The Black Crowes), Robert Kearns (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Michael Webb (John Fogerty, Poco), and Chark Kinsolving (Mike Farris, Spoonful).

RIP Bobby Keys.

12-02-2014 07:58 PM

FAHQTOO Away
Crusty Crab Bitch

(11-15-2014 11:19 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 12:04 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:  

The crazy lady talks outta both sides of her mouth...or ass.

haha you wish, I said the thread is boring like you not the clips I watched on youtube that was from HoTDs contribution.

It's my job to make these assessments based on my experience in this area, it's your job to shut the fuck up already. Crotchety old cow.

haha...Sarcastic...as usual, it's all right there in print for the world to see. After your jealous rantings yesterday, I'm guessing you got me confused with your own crotchety self...as usual...

12-02-2014 09:24 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I really like this version............

12-03-2014 02:08 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(12-02-2014 07:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Sad music news...

Saxophonist Bobby Keys died today at his home in Tennessee. He was 70 and had been ill since earlier this year when he had to drop out of touring with The Rolling Stones.

He played sax for a lot of artists, but most notably several tracks for The Stones. He's the big man behind the awesome sax on "Brown Sugar".

Here's Bobby blowing "Brown Sugar" with The Suffering Bastards a couple of years back.

Great live version of the song. That's Jackie Greene on vocals -- the rest of the bastards: Dan Baird (Georgia Satellites), Steve Gorman (The Black Crowes), Robert Kearns (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Michael Webb (John Fogerty, Poco), and Chark Kinsolving (Mike Farris, Spoonful).

RIP Bobby Keys.
It's pretty amazing that Bobby lated as long as he did... He did more smack than Keith.

12-03-2014 02:41 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-03-2014 02:41 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  It's pretty amazing that Bobby lated as long as he did... He did more smack than Keith.

Sax, drugs, and rock-n-roll is good for the soul, I guess.

Keith is still kicking, but another Rolling Stones collaborator died yesterday.

Snip:
Rolling Stones collaborator and Faces keyboardist Ian McLagan has died.

A statement on his official website said the musician died Wednesday in Austin, Texas, after suffering a stroke a day earlier. He was 69.

McLagan was a member of the British pop group Small Faces in the 1960s. The band changed its name to Faces when Rod Stewart and Ron Wood joined in 1969.

Kenney Jones, McLagan's bandmate in both groups, said he is "completely devastated" at the news, adding, "I know this goes for Ronnie and Rod also."

McLagan went onto record and perform with the Rolling Stones, playing on the band's 1978 album "Some Girls," including the organ solo on the hit single "Miss You." He released several solo albums, including a tribute to his Small Faces bandmate Ronnie Lane in 2008. McLagan was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.

RIP.

12-04-2014 01:56 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I love the sound of a good Sax player and he used it like a third arm.

12-04-2014 10:52 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-04-2014 10:52 PM)Maggot Wrote:  I love the sound of a good Sax player.

Me too.

Tiki posted this version of Tupelo Honey in the Living in The Past thread some time back. I love it.

Pee Wee Ellis 109 on sax.

12-05-2014 09:48 AM