Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(04-19-2015, 01:37 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 05:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 08:18 AM)Donovan Wrote: With very few exceptions, rock and roll is a young person's game. That window slides shut for rock stars same way it does for athletes, they just have a harder time recognizing it and accepting.
Actually, i've noticed recently that the few exceptions are the ones who need to hang it up. Lemmy, Ozzy, Ian Gillen, Robert Plant, Alice Cooper, Roger Daltry, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Paul Rogers, Kim Petersen, James Hetfield, Tom Arrraya, Tom G. Warrior, Doro Pesh, Abbath, Rob Halford, Biff Byfford, Bruce Dickenson... etc all do a pretty damned good job in live performances to this day. Most are the same age or older than Roth. So while that was a true statement 20 years ago, I don't think it holds true today as much as it used to.
Some of those guys are the "very few exceptions" I was talking about, although I suspect we could have a lively debate on who should be crossed off your list. Guys like Clapton and Plant and Jagger and Bowie, those are guys with heavy Blues influence and Blues is an Old Rockers game. Jagger's getting ready to do a frigging football stadium.

But guys like Cooper and Ozzy? Those guys just look silly up on stage trying to metal it out at their age. And Hetfield lost his metal balls when Lars made him his bitch on film and they went to therapy to talk out their feelings.

I stand by my original statement: with very few notably blues-based exceptions, straight hard rock is a young person's game. Any oldsters still making money at it are doing so because their fan base is emotionally stunted and has aged into the nostalgia circuit with them.
Regardless of "how they look" they still bring it vocally live, which Dave cannot. Ozzy has ALWAYS looked goofy on stage. hah The "oldsters" are not just making it off of their residual fan base either, if you attended the last Sabbath reunion tour, you would have noticed a very young audience. Same can be said for Maiden, Cooper, Motorhead, etc...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by Blindgreed1 - 04-20-2015, 11:15 AM