Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
Stop the Music

In recent music news, some conservative politicians are pissing off some musicians - again.

[Image: neil-young-donald-trump.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1]
Neil Young's management made a public statement noting that Neil did not authorize Trump to use his song "Rockin' In the Free World" at campaign rallies, that Neil does not support Donald Trump, and that Neil is a supporter of Bernie Sanders for U.S. President.

[Image: preview_trump-stipe-1-640x380-300x179.jpg]
R.E.M. front man ^ Michael Stipe had a bit stronger reaction to Trump and Cruz using "It's the End of the World As We Know It" at a recent rally, telling them, "Go fuck yourselves, the lot of you -- you sad, attention-grabbing, power-hungry little men. Do not use our music or my voice for your moronic charade of a campaign."

Survivor's hit "Eye of The Tiger" blared on loudspeakers earlier this week as GOP Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses, took to a stage after her release from jail.
[Image: 8d24c824b7d7210_eb46f9d1_9be26f24o.png][Image: mike-huckabee-kim-davis-rally.jpg?crop=1...=446%2C299]
Survivor's ^ Jim Peterik, the song's co-writer, told CNN he was "gobsmacked" when he heard his song play at the rally on national TV. "I have not authorized the use of Eye of the Tiger for use by Kim Davis and my publisher will issue a C&D (cease and desist order). This does not reflect my views," Peterik tweeted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by HairOfTheDog - 09-11-2015, 04:55 PM