Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(02-09-2016, 02:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 01:35 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Welcome to my world. Only, in my world, the regulation is on a federal level. Focus on the documentation part of your job moving forward. It's 50% of your job now.

Yeah, it's kind of a bitch. Documentation, old school hard-copy type even, has always been a requirement in my industry though. And, I already run my business ethically and according to high standards. What's happening now is that I have to get employees registered with the state ($$$ and time), provide the state with a bunch of reports and business/operations docs (time and opportunity cost), and pay the state $6,000 ($$$) to be licensed to do what I already do, the same way that I already do it. Add that to the quarterly payroll tax and it's killing me.

It's one of those cases of everybody paying for the bad actions of a few. Some asshole organizations and individuals in the senior care industry cut corners and take advantage of their clients/patients. So, the vast majority of us who do not are now being regulated in attempt to better protect seniors from the bad guys/gals, in the process driving up our costs and thus the price to our largely fixed-income senior clients.

I lobbied a lot against it in Sacramento several years ago. Many of us reputable owners, our clients, and our employees flooded our congresspersons with letters and phone calls. All of which did result in the bill being denied twice and staved off for four years. But, the bill was passed in 2014 and now the regulation is reality.

Anyway, I'm doing what's required and hope I can stay in business. If not, I'll do something else --roll with the changes.

(02-09-2016, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: She said fuck. It must be making her crazed. 21

You would not believe the amount of paperwork and fees. I'm cross-eyed, sneezing, and definitely a little crazed. Russian
I have the same licensing issue, plus I get to pay the federal government to provide proficiency testing, and grading, and additional fines for incorrect responses. Government, meet insurance and healthcare industries. May this menage a trois live happily ever after... The End. hah

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by Blindgreed1 - 02-09-2016, 03:22 PM