Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
Shock rocker turned film maker Rob Zombie, who has directed such films as "House of 1000 Corpses," "The Devil's Rejects" and a reboot of the beloved Halloween franchise, has announced that he will once again be putting his "Broad Street Bullies" project on hold as following the release of his next movie, "31."

He will be tasked with once again breathing new life into seventies horror movies, including a third reboot of the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and a second remake of "Last House on the Left." He also announced that he will be remaking other movies not in the horror genre and putting his own stamp on them, including "Shaft" starring Ken Foree and "Romper Stomper," the cult favourite Australian film about a gang of neo-Nazis, with Phil Anselmo rumoured to have a role.

"The Romper Stomper project is very dear to me," explained Zombie, "I've always thought it was great but it needed something more. I'd have believed it more if the movie took place in the seventies and the skinheads had Alice Cooper posters adorning their hideout.

"I've got a bunch of other movies in the pipeline too. Once I'm done with 'Romper Stomper' and 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' I'll be working on my interpretation of 'Network,' which I always felt should have had a revelation that the TV companies were run by snake headed aliens." I'm also giving serious thought to re-imagining 'The Godfather.' I think the title role is one that Sid Haig was born to play!"

With all these films set to be made, as well as plans for remakes of "Trainspotting," "Schindler's List" and a "Fritz the Cat" inspired re-telling of "Hong Kong Phooey" among others, all starring Sheri Moon Zombie, hockey fans will have to wonder if such a legendary story of the sport will finally be told by another director.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by Blindgreed1 - 04-01-2016, 05:18 PM