Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
Last night's 31st Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction...

Chicago was inducted by Rob Thomas (who also did vocals during the live performance because Peter Cetera declined to attend, due to a song set dispute or some such shit).

Deep Purple was inducted by Lars Ulrich, but Ritchie Blackmore didn't attend the ceremony because he doesn't do self-congratulatory awards stuff (according to a video interview I watched with him a couple of months ago). The band played Highway Star, Hush and Smoke on The Water with the current band members. David Coverdale was inducted with the band, but only the current line-up performed the set.

Cheap Trick was inducted by Kid Rock. ^ All the original Cheap Trick band members performed together, despite there being some litigation between the band and original drummer Bun E. I love Cheap Trick -- they still sound great.

^ Steve Miller was inducted by the Black Keys. He's still such a great player and vocalist too. After his performance, the space cowboy chided the Hall for not inducting more women, not being more open with the public, and not being active enough in pushing music in schools.

N.W.A.was inducted by Kendrick Lamar and essentially told Gene Simmons to piss off during their induction speech. Simmons suggested in an interview that N.W.A. didn't belong in the "rock and roll" hall of fame. BUT, N.W.A. didn't perform because they didn't think it was the right setting or something like that (apparently missing the irony). They shoulda played and shown why they belonged there, in my opinion.

David Byrne and The Roots started the show with 'Fame' in tribute to David Bowie, and Cheryl Crow and Grace Potter performed 'New Kid in Town' in tribute to Glenn Frey.

Recaps and performances: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/category/...l-of-fame/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by HairOfTheDog - 04-09-2016, 10:51 PM