Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(08-09-2016, 04:12 PM)Donovan Wrote: You said, "wacken" huhhuhhuhuuh

What did you think about Bob Dylan receiving the Nobel Prize for literature today, Donovan?

I've been loving Dylan's lyrics my whole life and have probably listened to Blood on the Tracks more than any other album. I think he's a really gifted and influential poet. So, it's cool to me that his lyrics were recognized with the highest literary honor.

At the same time, I think I agree more with those who don't begrudge him at all, but think the prize should have gone to one of the many lesser-known and deserving traditional poets or writers who could benefit so much from the recognition. Dylan's already been (rightfully, in my opinion) recognized and awarded immensely for his work by the music industry.

^ Two of my favorite lyrics and vocals by Bob Dylan, but he's got a whole catalog of really great works.

My niece hates Bob Dylan's voice so much she can't even hear or appreciate the lyrics. She refuses to give him a fair listen. She does do a pretty funny vocal impersonation though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by HairOfTheDog - 10-13-2016, 11:37 PM