Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(03-18-2017, 09:26 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: The crew on CBS just sent out an RIP to Chuck during NCAA tourney.

You've been too quiet for my taste lately, MS.

Are you all wrapped up in March madness?

I've never gotten into college ball much, but I know a few serious sports fans like you who go all in.
(03-20-2017, 06:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 09:26 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: The crew on CBS just sent out an RIP to Chuck during NCAA tourney.

You've been too quiet for my taste lately, MS.

Are you all wrapped up in March madness?

I've never gotten into college ball much, but I know a few serious sports fans like you who go all in.

There hasn't been a ton of conversation that has stimulated me lately.

Nothing personal towards anyone.

So, reading and not commenting much.

Personal life is always busy, but not too busy to check in a couple of times a day.

I will say that our church service yesterday was quite moving.

A couple of my favorite hymns were sung by the choir (The King of Love My Shepherd Is being very special to me).

Pastor Brenda preached about Jesus being living water and the story of Jesus meeting the woman at the well in Samaria was the focus of the message.

We seek living water and Jesus can fill our souls.

Anyway, you know how emotional I can get.

I could barely make it through the hymns trying to hold back tears. Tears of my soul being filled with joy.

If you search out the words to King Of Love, it's based on Psalm 23.

It was played at my grandmothers funeral and the words are so poignant.

Anyway, had to share with someone.

I'm still tuning in just so you know.
For anyone interested in feeling really good please google: mount Calvary church excelsior.

Click on 'website' and scroll down to where it says 'latest message'.

Hit play.

Brenda is going to speak for approximately 11 minutes, and it's very worthwhile, even if you don't consider yourself 'religious', this is NOT fire & brimstone and going to hell.

Listen to this woman speak.

You'll thank me later.
I took your recommendation and just listened to Pastor Brenda's 'Other Good Samaritan' sermon, MS.

It was interesting to hear her talk about Jesus's feminism and people's tendency to look down on people who are different than themselves, without realizing that every person is broken in some way and that adopting an attitude of moral superiority is self delusion.

My favorite line was that "churches are homes to sinners, not hotels for saints" or something to that effect. It didn't make me emotional, but I do understand why you were moved.

Brenda's voice and intonation was really familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it at first. Then it struck me that she sounded liked Georgette from The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I think she looks a little bit like her too.
[Image: monkimage.php?mediaDirectory=mediafiles&...00-0-0.jpg][Image: Georgia%20Engel%20now.jpg]
There is a resemblance.

She's very sweet and genuine.

Anyway, the sermon illustrates what I hear nearly every week: Christianity is not about condemning others but really about how we've ALL fallen short and seek Living Water.
I don't know MS.

I want to believe that you're so quiet because you're under-stimulated and concentrating more on your religion.

However, I heard it through the grapevine that you've actually been busy getting tatted up, cooling out, and strutting your stuff in Italian Youtube videos. I had to see it to believe it.

Not bad.

(I shall now nominate myself for the Mock's Worst Troll competition.)
The only one that could ever reach HOTD was the son of a preacher man.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
We look pretty similar.

He probably dances a bit better than me FOR NOW.

Give me a couple weeks of practice and I'm right there!
I can't wait, MS.

Make sure you're wearing fuzzy ankle-booty slippers when you're ready to go viral. They're sexy as shit when paired with only briefs.

Any idea what your strut song is gonna be?
So sad, Chris Cornell. A bottomless bucket of talent. R.I.P. I've been listening and that guy. He was bigger than the box.

BG would be better as a tribute maker for this one.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYz-7kg5b8ZR6Rzs1eqW3...YwVwcSbmGg]

It only reminds me of all the others and to have his voice silenced is depressing, I'm gaining a new perspective of his work and I just never appreciated it. Now I do though.

Check out his range.........what a great voice!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Yeah, I think Chris Cornell was really was talented too Mags.

Just read that he hanged himself in a hotel room after a show. He'd always battled depression, suppressed it with drugs, went to rehab and got clean, and was then prescribed Ativan for the depression.

He took extra Ativan before killing himself. Happens to too many addicts. You can't give addictive mood-altering drugs to addicts and not have a reasonable expectation that it won't end well. There's gotta be a better way to treat clinical depression.

RIP.
Was just perusing a list of the 25 greatest rock n roll front men (or women) of all time.

Obviously, a very subjective list, but I never thought Roger Daltrey would be omitted from ANYONE's list.

I was disappointed to say the least.
(05-29-2017, 01:53 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I never thought Roger Daltrey would be omitted from ANYONE's list.

WHO?hah
Chuck Mosely former Faith No More Vocalist passed away on November 9th 2017. A message from his family read: "After a long period of sobriety, Charles Henry Mosely III lost his life due to addiction." Below is a FNM tune featuring Chuck who was later replaced by Mike Patton.
Some rap artist died last night at one of my local gig bars here in Tucson. I guess his whole schtick was depression and suicide with pills in his lyric. He made the grade last night.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.3636396
(11-16-2017, 02:15 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Some rap artist died last night at one of my local gig bars here in Tucson. I guess his whole schtick was depression and suicide with pills in his lyric. He made the grade last night.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.3636396
With the death of lil peep... What will become of the sheep? Will Easter ever be the same?
Malcom Young has died after a three year battle with dementia. :(

[Image: b28d1a52-7106-4b2f-9fbd-6d8592e1b8e5.jpg]
He was 64 and was surrounded by his family. Rest in Peace.

Malcom and brother Angus founded AC/DC in 1973. The band was named after the electrical current indicator the boys spotted on their sister's sewing machine.

Malcom, Angus and their brother George (the band's producer) were from Glasgow, Scotland and immigrated to Australia with the family in the 1960s. They went on to become the best-selling act in Australian history with over 110,000,000 albums sold and were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.

Story: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/m...64-w512164
I like virtually all of AC/DC's tracks. The music on this one always gets me moving and the lyrics always make me smile.

That's one raucous crowd.
I hate that song.
(11-18-2017, 01:32 PM)BigMark Wrote: I hate that song.

Well then.............too bad for you that we have a boom box and the 8-track in the back seat, you effin' grinch. 102