Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(01-22-2018, 05:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: What a beautiful setting for that home.

It really is beautiful.

I could spend hours (days even) out on the balcony.

[Image: 111517wlspetty4.jpg]
(01-22-2018, 06:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Oooooo beams. I like beams a lot!

Me too. The home has vaulted beams throughout, according to the real estate listing.

[Image: 1999Trentham044.jpg]

I'll stop now. I really do love this home; it's just about perfect for my taste (not my budget though).
The view from the Sagamore Hotel on Lake George is similar.

I’m going to have to find out where the Encino Hills are.

For Spring Break we’re flying in to Phoenix.

Driving the next morning up to Sedona, through Flagstaff and then to Williams.

Taking the Grand Canyon RR to the Canyon for the afternoon, before spending the night in Williams.

Next day, taking 40 or US66 west to Palm Desert and spending 4 days with my long lost aunt.

Will be taking a day trip either to Anaheim or San Diego while we’re there.

Should be fun.
Encino hills is where Daniel son's girlfriend lives.
(01-23-2018, 01:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: The view from the Sagamore Hotel on Lake George is similar.

I’m going to have to find out where the Encino Hills are.

For Spring Break we’re flying in to Phoenix.

Driving the next morning up to Sedona, through Flagstaff and then to Williams.

Taking the Grand Canyon RR to the Canyon for the afternoon, before spending the night in Williams.

Next day, taking 40 or US66 west to Palm Desert and spending 4 days with my long lost aunt.

Will be taking a day trip either to Anaheim or San Diego while we’re there.

Should be fun.
Sedona is beautiful. Ever been there? The Canyon is awesome as well, but full of tourists. I've never done the RR but friends have and said it's worth every penny. If my choices were Anaheim and San Diego, I'd go San Diego because I have no interest in Disney whatsoever and San Diego is just an all around better experience IMO.
My wife and I prefer San Diego as well, but, she’s worried this may be our last chance to take them to Disney before they’re too old.

Never been to AZ, but my dad was there recently and loved Sedona and the Canyon.

I’ve Youtube’d the drive from Sedona to Flagstaff and I’m sure video doesn’t do it justice.

I’m also looking forward to wacky Route 66 stuff and the drive over to Palm Desert.

We were in Palm Springs in 2005 so I’m a little familiar with the area.

I enjoy the Southwest as it’s the polar opposite of north woods Minny.
(01-23-2018, 03:41 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My wife and I prefer San Diego as well, but, she’s worried this may be our last chance to take them to Disney before they’re too old.

I’ve Youtube’d the drive from Sedona to Flagstaff and I’m sure video doesn’t do it justice.

I’m also looking forward to wacky Route 66 stuff and the drive over to Palm Desert.

I enjoy the Southwest as it’s the polar opposite of north woods Minny.
If you get a chance to run through Prescott and Jerome I recommend that as well but it sounds like you may be booked pretty tight. Jerome has some wine country and Prescott's whiskey row still has that 1800's wild West feel to it. Either way you will enjoy Sedona and the Canyon guaranteed. Also, keep an eye on the sky when you're in Sedona. A lot of UFO sightings there.
Too funny, im in Anaheim right now. Should be gorgeous in Palm Desert right now.
(01-23-2018, 04:12 PM)BigMark Wrote: Too funny, im in Anaheim right now. Should be gorgeous in Palm Desert right now.

We won’t be leaving until end of March, but I see average high temp at that time is right around 80F.

I can deal with that.
Went to Nixon’s library back in 2010 when one of those June Gloom days prevented us from going to the beach.

Most people that are not from SoCal or haven’t lived there or have friends/family there, never realize that the clouds can roll in from the ocean and ruin an entire beach day.

I know I was shocked the first time it happened to me.

Bummer, dude.
10 years ago, Judas Priest guitarist Glenn Tipton was diagnosed with the access of the early stages of Parkinson's disease. Nevertheless the 70-year-old heavy metal veteran has lived his life as the great live guitarist he has always been known for.

At present, Tipton is able to perform some of the less challenging Judas Priest tracks, but due to the nature of Parkinson's progression, he wants to let the fans know that he won't be touring with the band for the time being. Glenn Tipton has requested Judas Priest producer and Hell guitarist Andy Sneap to step in for him.

Says Glenn: "I want everyone to know that it's vital that the Judas Priest tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band - it's simply that my role has changed. I don't rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some Priest! So at some point in the not-too-distant future, I'm really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once again."

States the band:

"We have been privileged to witness Glenn's determination and steadfast commitment over the years, showing his passion and self belief through the writing, recording and performing sessions with Priest. He is a true metal hero! We are not surprised by Glenn's insistence that we complete the 'Firepower' tour and thank Andy for joining us to make Glenn's wishes become real. As Glenn has said, we also can't wait to have him with us at any time any place on the road. We love you, Glenn!"

Fleetwood Mac fired Lindsey Buckingham. Woooo
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-10-2018, 12:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Well, I won't go to their reunion then. Lindsay is probably the most talented musician in FM. Dude is insanely good.
(04-10-2018, 01:55 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Well, I won't go to their reunion then. Lindsay is probably the most talented musician in FM. Dude is insanely good.
Case and point. They hired two guys to replace him.

I’m certainly no musical expert, but it’s my assumption that if Buckingham/Nicks would not have joined FM, they would’ve had nowhere near the commercial success that they did.

They should be kissing Lindsey’s butt every time they cash a royalty check (I’m talking about
the McVie’s and Mick Fleetwood).
Buckingham and Nicks put Fleetwood Mac on the map.

But the band has always been a drama-rama. Par for the course.
(04-10-2018, 03:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

I’m certainly no musical expert, but it’s my assumption that if Buckingham/Nicks would not have joined FM, they would’ve had nowhere near the commercial success that they did.

They should be kissing Lindsey’s butt every time they cash a royalty check (I’m talking about
the McVie’s and Mick Fleetwood).
Mick is an average drummer. The McVie's are an incredible rhythm team. All of them together make a very strong backbone, which accounts for 13 of what the band is/was. The other 2/3'ds is/was Nicks and Buckingham (maybe 1/8th cocaine... See what I did there? hah) but yeah, they should be following Lindsay and Stevie, not the other way around. Honestly, Stevie is pretty much burned out. Her vocal didn't age well. Lindsay on the other hand did age well vocally. He sounds as good now as he did 30 years ago. This tour without Lindsay will be a train wreck.
I've always thought Christine McVie was a really great song writer her voice wasn't spectacular but she held her own. She has quite a few songs that are remarkable. I don't believe she is on this tour or ever will be again.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Sweet wonderful you. You make me happy with the things you do.

You make lovin' fun.

Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-11-2018, 11:45 AM)Maggot Wrote: I've always thought Christine McVie was a really great song writer her voice wasn't spectacular but she held her own. She has quite a few songs that are remarkable. I don't believe she is on this tour or ever will be again.
She held her own for sure both as a song writer and vocalist. She's responsible for half the harmonies that made FM awesome.