Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread
(04-18-2018, 02:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: There’s a YouTube video of Eddie V and PJ covering VH’s Ain’t Talking Bout Love.

It’s really well done, and I’m always impressed when bands can play another groups songs and make it look so easy.
I've given myself bumps before. When Peter Steel of Type O Negative died, we were tapped to play on the tribute album. I agreed to do it without even discussing it with the rest of the band thinking we were going to do something obscure and easy. After bringing the guys up to speed, everyone was on board, so we started combing through their discography and hadn't really picked anything concrete when the producer called and said the band that had agreed to do Christian Woman backed out and they needed us to do it and asked if we would be opposed to doing 2 songs. We didn't have enough time to do both so I agreed to do Christian Woman (which was Type O's biggest hit). After the drums, bass and rhythm guitars were tracked, I slammed down a 6 pack to get that authentic Pete slur and in one take pretty much nailed the entire song. The following week we had to fast track post production and it's the first time I'd heard what I did. Serious bumps. Here's the track.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - by Blindgreed1 - 04-18-2018, 05:36 PM