Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE
sally Away
sally

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE

I really don't have any sympathy for the women even if it did happen. Other than the one that took him to court after she continued to associate with him after the incident, the others waited too long. They were adults when it happened, if it really bothered them that bad they should have said something then.

11-19-2014 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

username Offline
Mod Lite

(11-19-2014 05:34 PM)sally Wrote:  I really don't have any sympathy for the women even if it did happen. Other than the one that took him to court after she continued to associate with him after the incident, the others waited too long. They were adults when it happened, if it really bothered them that bad they should have said something then.

Geez Sally. Not all women can be strong like you. Tuck in your flannel shirt, snap up those suspenders and have some sympathy for the poor, wittle women, would ya'?

Commando Cunt Queen
11-19-2014 05:38 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I share the unpopular opinion. I'm not giving credence to decades old claims. I'd feel differently if this happened last week.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
11-19-2014 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

If some random guy raped you out in the Walmart parking lot would you wait 30 years to speak up? The fact that none of them said anything because Bill had the power to make them or break them is akin to selling your soul to the devil.

11-19-2014 06:14 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

^ Your opinion seems to be as popular or more popular in here than the only other two options -- reserving opinion about the women and the claims, or assuming he's guilty.

11-19-2014 06:16 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(11-19-2014 06:14 PM)sally Wrote:  The fact that none of them said anything because Bill had the power to make them or break them is akin to selling your soul to the devil.

There is some truth in that, but to me it's not that easy.

11-19-2014 06:28 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Didn't I read that one of these "rapes" happened as far back as 1969? That's gettin' into dinosaur time.

hah

11-19-2014 06:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away

In between wives I ended up meeting a few women through dating services.

I remember specifically one woman sending back a drink I had ordered for her while she was in the rest-room.

I asked what she was doing and she said, "how do I know you didn't put something in it?" Man, I must've been naive, because it really caught me off guard. I told her, " I'd never have to do that to get laid."

She appreciated my candor and went home with me.

11-19-2014 06:40 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-19-2014 06:14 PM)sally Wrote:  If some random guy raped you out in the Walmart parking lot would you wait 30 years to speak up? The fact that none of them said anything because Bill had the power to make them or break them is akin to selling your soul to the devil.

Why do you keep saying that none of them said anything?

Most of them said something ten years ago and others said something at the time of the incident. Only one of them went public back then, but that doesn't mean the others didn't say anything in civil court (where there was no public exposure or money to be gained at the time).

I don't think rape victims who don't speak up right away are selling their souls. That's nutty. The rapist is the soulless one. Rape is a traumatic experience and there are plenty of men and women who always assume the woman was in the wrong (obviously), especially when the rapist puts forth a nice public image and especially with date rape where there often isn't evidence and it therefore can't be prosecuted.

Cosby had more power and influence than these women, some of whom came forward (though not publicly, why should they?) about his M.O. before they ever knew of each other. If he's guilty, he used that power and influence to rape them in the first place. I think it's reasonable to fear that he would use that same power and influence against him if they went public with claims about being raped by Mr. Nice Guy.

They're responding to public resurfacing of all the past allegations made against him and his contention that those allegations were discredited (which his lawyer had to backpedal out of publicly -- there's a reason for that).

Maybe he's innocent. Maybe he's guilty. The statute of limitations is up and he can't be sued over it. If he's guilty, I can see why it would matter to these women many years later that their rapist not be able to go public and claim he's falsely accused and that they are liars. It would be infuriating to a legitimate rape victim, I imagine.

11-19-2014 06:44 PM

Midwest Spy Away

Cosby seems like such a great guy, kinda like Joe Paterno.

You know what though, You Reap What You Sow.

If he's guilty of these actions (and I tend to believe he is) then having his reputation sullied in the old wooden One-Holer is fine by me.

11-19-2014 06:48 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(11-19-2014 06:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  It would be infuriating to a legitimate rape victim, I imagine.

I would think so! To have something taken from you, to have been overpowered and/or drugged and taken against my will. I'd be a mad mutha for sure. I would hope that I possessed what I needed in order to scream bloody murder in front of God and everyone. I really would hope that I would immediately speak up and demand action. I can't put myself in their shoes but I am pretty much viewing those women as shrinking violets with no backbone and I don't even know what to say about that nutjob Janice.

11-19-2014 06:58 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I should probably add that I'm not familiar with all the details of this story. I'm just running my mouth.

11-19-2014 07:03 PM

sally Away
sally

@ HotD, I keep saying they never said anything because I don't see any 911 reports that were made. Do you have any links to them? A legitimate rape victim as you call them would have reported it to the police immediately.

11-19-2014 07:16 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-19-2014 06:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 06:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  It would be infuriating to a legitimate rape victim, I imagine.
I can't put myself in their shoes but I am pretty much viewing those women as shrinking violets with no backbone.

I can put myself in their shoes.

I'm not viewing a woman who didn't go to the media back in 1969 to say "hey, Bill Cosby raped me!" as a shrinking violet. Different time, different perception of rape victims, different impacts on their families in the community, no ability to prosecute him for his crimes without physical evidence, huge risk of being called a slut and dragged through the mud when you're already dealing with having been raped... It would have been difficult and unwise to do what some women who can't put themselves in her shoes are criticizing her for not doing, in my opinion.

Coming forward once it all got thrust into the public/media domain -- in order to support other alleged raped victims who were being labeled liars -- shows strength, not weakness, in my eyes.

I think it's my opinions about other women and about rape that are generally the unpopular ones here. And, that's okay.

11-19-2014 07:21 PM