Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE
@ HotD, I keep saying they never said anything because I don't see any 911 reports that were made. Do you have any links to them? A legitimate rape victim as you call them would have reported it to the police immediately.
(11-19-2014, 06:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 06:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It would be infuriating to a legitimate rape victim, I imagine.
I can't put myself in their shoes but I am pretty much viewing those women as shrinking violets with no backbone.

I can put myself in their shoes.

I'm not viewing a woman who didn't go to the media back in 1969 to say "hey, Bill Cosby raped me!" as a shrinking violet. Different time, different perception of rape victims, different impacts on their families in the community, no ability to prosecute him for his crimes without physical evidence, huge risk of being called a slut and dragged through the mud when you're already dealing with having been raped... It would have been difficult and unwise to do what some women who can't put themselves in her shoes are criticizing her for not doing, in my opinion.

Coming forward once it all got thrust into the public/media domain -- in order to support other alleged raped victims who were being labeled liars -- shows strength, not weakness, in my eyes.

I think it's my opinions about other women and about rape that are generally the unpopular ones here. And, that's okay.
(11-19-2014, 07:16 PM)sally Wrote: @ HotD, I keep saying they never said anything because I don't see any 911 reports that were made. Do you have any links to them? A legitimate rape victim as you call them would have reported it to the police immediately.

I don't have 911 call links, sally.

Read the accounts of what allegedly happened to these women and it'll be clear why a 911 call would not be applicable.

If he did these things, even starting way back in the 60s and going through the 90s or beyond, I have no sympathy for him.

I understand from your post that you have no sympathy for the women even if they were raped. (I haven't seen any of them ask for sympathy -- but won't be surprised if Janice does).

We just see this very differently.
(11-19-2014, 07:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 07:16 PM)sally Wrote: @ HotD, I keep saying they never said anything because I don't see any 911 reports that were made. Do you have any links to them? A legitimate rape victim as you call them would have reported it to the police immediately.

I don't have 911 call links, sally.

Read the accounts of what allegedly happened to these women and it'll be clear why a 911 call would not be applicable.

If he did these things, even starting way back in the 60s and going through the 90s or beyond, I have no sympathy for him.

I understand from your post that you have no sympathy for the women even if they were raped. (I haven't seen any of them ask for sympathy -- but won't be surprised if Janice does).

We just see this very differently.

Did you happen to see a TV program called "botched"? Janice was on there and if you saw her, you would not put too much credence into whatever the attention whore has to say. Back in the day, she accused Bob Barker of molesting her, attention grabbing again.
When they announced that there was another woman who just surfaced accusing bill, I said to my betterhalf, I'll bet it's Janice D, and sure enough, they said it was Janice.
It's hard to tell when people are seeking their 15 minutes of fame, doing so by any means available to them.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-19-2014, 07:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Read the accounts of what allegedly happened to these women and it'll be clear why a 911 call would not be applicable.

Here is one I read, I can't say I'm real clear on why a 911 call wouldn't be applicable. And he assaulted her multiple times? Wouldn't it only take one time to realize you need to tell someone and stop hanging out with him?

“Cosby won my trust as a 17-year-old aspiring actress in 1985, he brainwashed me into viewing him as a father figure, and then assaulted me multiple times. In one case, I blacked out after having dinner and one glass of wine… When I came to, I was in my panties and a man’s t-shirt, and Cosby was looming over me. I’m certain that he drugged and raped me. The final incident was in Atlantic City, where we had traveled for industry event. I was staying in a separate bedroom of Cosby’s hotel suite, but he pinned me down in his own bed while I screamed for help. I’ll never forget the clinking of his belt buckle as he struggled to pull his pants off. I furiously tried to wrestle from his grasp until he eventually gave up, angrily called me ‘a baby’ and sent me home to Denver.”
Wow, now don't u see from some of these comments why victims don't come forward....jeesh louise.....I have heard about Bill Cosby's indiscretions for many, many years. At the time his son was murdered I felt so sorry for him, but then the media reported how he was cheating on his wife, etc. Of course, this doesn't make him a rapist, but there has been too much talk over the years. I don't personally like him. One of you says he seems like a nice guy. Yeah, people thought Ted Bundy was a nice guy, too. I am not comparing Bill to a serial killer, but to point out that we often misjudge others based on their public persona. It doesn't help rape victims when someone falsely claims rape, but this continues to be an injustice in our treatment of women in our society. I don't include boys as they usually are molested by pedophiles. Do you really think that 30 years ago, any one would have believed these women? Would you like to go through a trial where your total sexual history will be publicized including date u were devirginized.... That takes a lot of courage and these women, by coming forward (don't give a shit that it was 30 years ago). They only want others to know that he is a sexual bully, rapist, if that, in fact, is the truth. IMO it is the truth. I agree that with Ms. Dickinson coming forward just adds fodder to the alleged charges, but rape knows no boundaries. Some rape statistics show that victims range from infants to women in their 90's. Date rape goes on especially on college campuses more than u know; it is not reported because girl had been drinking and she is too embarrassed, feels it was her fault (many old farts still believe this), so she zips her mouth. There are some of you on here that i sure wouldn't want on the jury if i were the victim. This is a very UNDER reported crime here in the USA.
(11-19-2014, 07:56 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 07:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Read the accounts of what allegedly happened to these women and it'll be clear why a 911 call would not be applicable.

Here is one I read, I can't say I'm real clear on why a 911 call wouldn't be applicable.

“Cosby won my trust as a 17-year-old aspiring actress in 1985, he brainwashed me into viewing him as a father figure, and then assaulted me multiple times. In one case, I blacked out after having dinner and one glass of wine… When I came to, I was in my panties and a man’s t-shirt, and Cosby was looming over me. I’m certain that he drugged and raped me. The final incident was in Atlantic City, where we had traveled for industry event. I was staying in a separate bedroom of Cosby’s hotel suite, but he pinned me down in his own bed while I screamed for help. I’ll never forget the clinking of his belt buckle as he struggled to pull his pants off. I furiously tried to wrestle from his grasp until he eventually gave up, angrily called me ‘a baby’ and sent me home to Denver.”

Most of the women were drugged first and hazy during and after the alleged rapes, with no medical emergency or threat to their lives when they pieced together what happened. That's one of the reasons date rapists get away with it for so long in many cases. Also, in Cosby's case, some of the alleged rapes occurred before 911 was established nationwide. That's why I don't think 911 calls would be applicable.

But, yeah, I could see a 911 call being applicable in the incident you posted above, even though there was no medical emergency or threat to her life and he let her leave. If her story is true, it doesn't appear she called 911. If she did, I don't have a link to it.
Here's the one from 1969. Again, wasn't the first time he sodomized her enough? Guess not, she willingly went back for seconds.

Music publicist and journalist Joan Tarshis accuses the comedian of raping her twice in 1969 when she was 19-years-old.

1st time : One day he asked me to stay after the shooting and work on some material with him. I was even more flattered and thought this would help move my writing career along. In his bungalow he made me a redeye, and I began to tell him about the earthquake Los Angeles had just had and the sound it made. He liked my ideas for an earthquake bit.

The next thing I remember was coming to on his couch while being undressed. Through the haze I thought I was being clever when I told him I had an infection and he would catch it and his wife would know he had sex with someone. But he just found another orifice to use. I was sickened by what was happening to me and shocked that this man I had idolized was now raping me. Of course I told no one.

2nd time: He sent a limo to pick me up and I was dropped off at the Sherry Netherland Hotel and went up to his suite. I remember noticing that his leather shaving kit was filled with bottles of pills, and thinking that this seemed odd. He was, of course, very friendly and I, of course, was very uncomfortable. He made me a redeye, and I, being nervous and dealing at the time with an alcohol problem (I’ve been in recovery since 1988), drank it. In the car I had something else to drink, but was already beginning to feel a bit stoned.

When we got to Westbury and he went on, there was no seat for me. I stood in the back of the theater with his chauffeur, feeling insulted that I wasn’t respected enough to be given a reserved seat. But soon after, I remember feeling very, very stoned and asking his chauffeur to take me back to the car. I was having trouble standing up. The next thing I remember was waking up in his bed back at the Sherry, naked. I remember thinking ‘You old shit, I guess you got me this time, but it’s the last time you’ll ever see me.’
I'm not looking to condemn or celebrate these women here, nor to try their cases.

For me, a man who repeatedly lures women (or other men) into a sense of trust, drugs them, and has sex with them without consent is a piece of shit serial rapist -- no qualifications attached. That's it.

-If he's accused by 15 and he actually raped 10 -- my feeling doesn't change.
-If some of the women were naive or stupid and he date-raped them more than once -- my feeling doesn't change.
-If some of the women waited years and years to report the rape -- my feeling doesn't change.
-Whether the victims called 911, filled out a report at a police station, consulted an attorney, told no one -- my feeling doesn't change.

I personally can't find any excuses or issue any passes to a rapist, no matter who he is, how long ago he's last known to have raped, or the actions of his victims. IF Bill Cosby did in fact date-rape women, whether he was ever convicted or not, he brought this shit cloud on himself and he deserves it. That's how I feel, regardless of how anyone else feels about it.
I've agreed with you HotD.
(11-19-2014, 09:09 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I've agreed with you HotD.

I know, MS.

And, I know you share a similar disgust for people who violate others in general.

But, even if you disagreed, it wouldn't change how I feel about rapists (same applies to child molesters) -- that's all I was saying with that last post.
This story is all over the news here. A DA in PA said that while he can't pursue charges a form of criminal justice has been served with this public shaming of Bill Cosby. He (the DA) believes Bill is guilty of everything he has been accused of.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't care how you feel about rapists HotD nor do I want to change your opinion on them. I don't much care for them myself. The only question I directed to you was in response to asking me why I keep repeating that the women never said anything. Not only did they not report it to police, but they went back for more, so my feeling is they don't have a lot to be infuriated about years later after the fact.
I do think that someone who was raped -- regardless of the circumstances of the rape -- would be justified in feeling infuriated, years later, watching her rapist publicly call her and the other women he allegedly raped liars. I understand that you don't think she would be justified in some circumstances.

In response, I wouldn't think negatively of her for coming forward to support the other women he allegedly raped in denouncing the rapist publicly. I understand that you would think negatively of her in some circumstances.

I got it, sal.
She should be infuriated with herself. Sodomize me once shame on you, sodomize me twice (no matter how much wealth, cocaine and alcohol you have) shame on me.
Yeah, I could understand her being mad at herself and feeling shamed in such a case.

But, she didn't rape herself.

So, I could also understand her feeling infuriated about watching the rapist lie about it publicly years later, and I think she would be justified in that feeling.
Infuriated victims don't continue to go out on dates with their rapists. Unless of course they're weak and stupid. Or liars.
I think Sally wants to do the fancy with Bill.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-19-2014, 10:33 PM)sally Wrote: Infuriated victims don't continue to go out on dates with their rapists. Unless of course they're weak and stupid. Or liars.

Jesus, sal. I don't think you even read the posts before you respond; not even your own cut and pastes.

The woman never claimed she was infuriated the first time she was drugged and raped. She was instead hazy, sickened, shocked, didn't want to believe it -- same as most of the others; like a lot of drugged date rape victims.

She also never claimed that she was infuriated when he did it the second time -- she said that she was clear that he'd tricked her and clear that he'd raped her, again. She mighta been infuriated, but she didn't say that. At that point, despite how much leverage he had over her at 19 and the fact that he'd promised to help her career, she bailed for good -- wasn't gonna let it happen again.

She also never claimed that she was infuriated watching him lie and deny it all these years later when similar documented accounts of women being date raped by Bill Cosby were published in the media (something the women themselves did not initiate or have any control over). She said she wanted to lend the other women her support in the face of his denials.

I personally think she would be justified in having been infuriated at any point -- then and now. But she never said she was.

It was I, HOTD, who said that I imagine it would be infuriating for a rape victim to watch her rapist lie about it to the world and essentially call her a liar. I, HOTD, can imagine being infuriated were I in her shoes, whether it had happened once or twice. So, it's I, HOTD, that you think would be a weak and stupid liar were I a repeat date-rate victim of Bill Cosby. That would hurt my feelings. So, I'm gonna do my best to make sure that I never turn my back on a drink once or twice while sipping cocktails with Bill Cosby.

Now, stop rape trolling me.
Nanny state. We label supposedly informed women "victims" when they find their balls 40 years later? And went back for more at the time? At what point do women man-up and take some responsibility for their stupidity?

Absent physical, or drug fueled force, I stopped viewing myself as a victim around the age of 18. If I thought I'd been drug raped and continued to return to the source of that, I'd definitely consider myself culpable.

I think it's insulting how women are made to be mindless these days. "No" means "no" even if we're spreading our legs and saying "fuck me now...errr, no, I changed my mind". WTH? How many of you women here (or men) have fucked while you're drunk? Imagine if the woman comes back and says "I was drunk...he took advantage of me". Pathetic. We've gone to the opposite extreme. Women bear no responsibility.
Commando Cunt Queen