Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE
(11-20-2014, 08:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've done a bit more research. There's very little doubt in my mind that Bill Cosby WAS a sexual predator who lured, groomed, and then drugged and raped a slew of young aspiring writers and actresses.

Fixed it. He was also young at the time too, right? I mean as opposed to 35 years later?

I hear you. I also agree that the focus is now growing to include his wife. Sucks to be her.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-20-2014, 09:26 PM)username Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 08:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've done a bit more research. There's very little doubt in my mind that Bill Cosby WAS a sexual predator who lured, groomed, and then drugged and raped a slew of young aspiring writers and actresses.

Fixed it. He was also young at the time too, right? I mean as opposed to 35 years later?

Well, thanks so much for fixin' my opinion to better suit your pedophile and rapist apologist stance, but I meant what I wrote, French Fry. 27 .......Once a pedophile or predator, always so shall be, in the eyes of me.

To answer your question (assuming he's guilty): Yes, he was young at the time. And, he was also middle-aged at the time. And, he was also a senior citizen at the time. He is a predator, he just kept on a preyin'.

The last alleged incident (that I know about) is the one for which he settled out of civil court after the DA declined to prosecute in criminal court. The sexual assault at the heart of the civil complaint occurred in 2004 -- he would have been 67-years-old.
I beat a rug once........every time I hit the damn thing dust came out. After whacking it a good 50 times, dust still came out, I finally gave up and stuck it back on the floor.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-20-2014, 09:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The last allegation (that I know about) is the one for which he settled out of civil court after the DA denied to prosecute in criminal court. The sexual assault at the heart of the civil complaint occurred in 2004 -- he would have been 67-years-old.

I honestly didn't know that. Why have you let me jabber on about crimes committed 35 years ago? What kind of moderator are you????

*poke, poke*
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-20-2014, 10:04 PM)Maggot Wrote: I beat a rug once........every time I hit the damn thing dust came out. After whacking it a good 50 times, dust still came out, I finally gave up and stuck it back on the floor.

All that dust in the wind... Best not to hit the rug it if you don't wanna obstruct your view to the rainbow overhead.

Scissors and tap shoes. Cut a rug instead. Dance atop the dirt.

Whatever works.
(11-20-2014, 10:18 PM)username Wrote: I honestly didn't know that. Why have you let me jabber on about crimes committed 35 years ago? What kind of moderator are you????

I moderate the crime forum, Pokey. We ain't there.

The first few paragraphs from the OP link:

January 2005: Andrea Constand, a former staffer for Temple University's basketball team (Cosby's alma mater), comes forward, claiming Cosby drugged and assaulted her a year before at his house in suburban Philadelphia. She says the actor served as her mentor and gained her trust before the eventual attack.

Constand reports the incident, but declines to press criminal charges due to a lack of evidence.

February 2005: California lawyer Tamara Green alleges that in the 1970s, Cosby gave her pills to weaken her motor skills and then assaulted her.

"I thought, you know, after all these years, it's the same M.O.," Green told "Today Show" host Matt Lauer. "I decided that if there were only two us, one a long time ago and one right now, then that's two too many."

Cosby denies both allegations.

November 2006: Constand, the first accuser, files a civil suit against Cosby but it's settled outside of court. Thirteen other women come forward with similar allegations, all prepared to serve as Jane Doe witnesses in Constand's case, but they never get the chance.

Honestly, I didn't know exactly what your expiration period was for rape accountability. And, I like your jabber.

Directv gives me my news out of Philly instead of Baltimore/DC so every time the news is on this is the lead story and scrolling along the bottom throughout the day. Bill has ties to Philly in several different ways. When they talk to people on the street about it, it's just like it is here in Mock. If he can't be prosecuted I have to say that's on the DA and those who call themselves a victim of Bill Cosby. That PA DA sure is opinionated, maybe he should have tried a little harder to get a case going. You have a man who is termed a serial rapist but no evidence of a crime? WTF. Women insist they were drugged and raped yet not a one went to the hospital, no drug tests, no rape kit, nothing, they have nothing except accusations.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Here's another one - Louisa Moritz, 68, claims Bill forced her into oral sex, she said he placed his hands on the back of her head and forced his penis into her mouth backstage at the Tonight Show in 1971. She intends to file a civil claim.

(11-20-2014, 09:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 09:26 PM)username Wrote:

Well, thanks so much for fixin' my opinion to better suit your pedophile and rapist apologist stance, but I meant what I wrote, French Fry. 27 .......Once a pedophile or predator, always so shall be, in the eyes of me.

To answer your question (assuming he's guilty): Yes, he was young at the time. And, he was also middle-aged at the time. And, he was also a senior citizen at the time. He is a predator, he just kept on a preyin'.

The last alleged incident (that I know about) is the one for which he settled out of civil court after the DA declined to prosecute in criminal court. The sexual assault at the heart of the civil complaint occurred in 2004 -- he would have been 67-years-old.

Hey now, "senior citizens" start at 80 & above! Before that, you're just "older citizens"! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

[Image: 22singer-span-articleLarge.jpg]

Beverly Hills attorney Marty Singer ^ lashed out at the media today for its handling of the Bill Cosby sex abuse scandal, while also questioning the motives and credibility of his client’s accusers. “We’ve reached the point of absurdity. The stories are getting more ridiculous,” said Singer, who long has practiced extreme offense as a form of public defense for his clients. This is the man who just last month threatened Google with a $100 million lawsuit over hacked celebrity photos.

“People coming out of nowhere with this sort of inane yarn is what happens in a media-driven feeding frenzy.” Singer went after one of the newest Cosby accusers, former actress Louisa Moritz, who went public today with claims that the comic forced himself on her in the NYC Green Room of The Tonight Show in 1971. “I think people are trying to come up with these wild stories in order to justify why they have waited 40 to 50 years to disclose these ridiculous accusations.”

-----------------------------------

I agree with Cosby's very busy high-paid attorney -- some of what's been tossed into the mix is total crap, and there is a media feeding frenzy. Bound to happen. In some ways it benefits Cosby, IMO, if he continues to refuse addressing the allegations directly. The looney tunes detract from the legitimate victims and claims. I believe some of Cosby's known accusers, not all of them.

Even when date rape victims go to the police or hospital right away, there often isn't evidence of a crime and it isn't prosecutable. I don't blame the women who were truly raped or the DA who declined to prosecute for what Cosby allegedly got away with for so long. If he's guilty of multiple date rapes, and it's just my opinion that he is, I only blame him.

Anyway, this case isn't gonna go to trial and there won't be evidence to consider (unless the 2006 civil suit testimony/settlement terms are unsealed, but that won't happen). Whether people think Cosby's guilty or not guilty or remain neutral is gonna be a matter of opinion based on accusations alone in this case -- until/unless Cosby addresses the allegations directly.
(11-21-2014, 10:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: 22singer-span-articleLarge.jpg]

Beverly Hills attorney Marty Singer ^ lashed out at the media today for its handling of the Bill Cosby sex abuse scandal, while also questioning the motives and credibility of his client’s accusers. “We’ve reached the point of absurdity. The stories are getting more ridiculous,” said Singer, who long has practiced extreme offense as a form of public defense for his clients. This is the man who just last month threatened Google with a $100 million lawsuit over hacked celebrity photos.

“People coming out of nowhere with this sort of inane yarn is what happens in a media-driven feeding frenzy.” Singer went after one of the newest Cosby accusers, former actress Louisa Moritz, who went public today with claims that the comic forced himself on her in the NYC Green Room of The Tonight Show in 1971. “I think people are trying to come up with these wild stories in order to justify why they have waited 40 to 50 years to disclose these ridiculous accusations.”

-----------------------------------

I agree with Cosby's very busy high-paid attorney -- some of what's been tossed into the mix is total crap, and there is a media feeding frenzy. Bound to happen. In some ways it benefits Cosby, IMO, if he continues to refuse addressing the allegations directly. The looney tunes detract from the legitimate victims and claims. I believe some of Cosby's known accusers, not all of them.

Even when date rape victims go to the police or hospital right away, there often isn't evidence of a crime and it isn't prosecutable. I don't blame the women who were truly raped or the DA who declined to prosecute for what Cosby allegedly got away with for so long. If he's guilty of multiple date rapes, and it's just my opinion that he is, I only blame him.

Anyway, this case isn't gonna go to trial and there won't be evidence to consider (unless the 2006 civil suit testimony/settlement terms are unsealed, but that won't happen). Whether people think Cosby's guilty or not guilty or remain neutral is gonna be a matter of opinion based on accusations alone in this case -- until/unless Cosby addresses the allegations directly.

Seems like shades of OJ here, did he or didn't he?

I don't know who to believe so I'm not going to believe anyone.
(11-21-2014, 06:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

WTF. Women insist they were drugged and raped yet not a one went to the hospital, no drug tests, no rape kit, nothing, they have nothing except accusations.

^^That is problematic. I can understand some percentage of the women not immediately filing a rape report but not one of them? That's astonishing (to me).
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-21-2014, 11:48 AM)username Wrote: ^^That is problematic. I can understand some percentage of the women not immediately filing a rape report but not one of them? That's astonishing (to me).

I don't want to accuse anyone of lying given I have no proof they have but some of this defies logic. It's astonishing to me as well.

I think I'm an average female, not stronger nor smarter than many others and there is no way in hell I'm keeping my mouth shut about something like this if it were done to me, I surely wouldn't wait a lifetime to mention it.
I think there is probably a bit of truth to it, a bunch of people don't just start accusing you for something that you never did. But I think there is more to the story and these women got something out of it in return. But there is no proof, because not one of them (as scared as they claimed to be at the time) reported it immediately. So....

“Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”

― Benjamin Franklin
(11-21-2014, 01:22 PM)sally Wrote: I think there is probably a bit of truth to it, a bunch of people don't just start accusing you for something that you never did. But I think there is more to the story and these women got something out of it in return. But there is no proof, because not one of them (as scared as they claimed to be at the time) reported it immediately. So....

Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see, and only a quarter of what you read.”

― Carsman

(11-21-2014, 03:20 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(11-21-2014, 01:22 PM)sally Wrote: Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see, and only a quarter of what you read.”

― Carsman

Stupid is as stupid does.

― Forrest Gump
Commando Cunt Queen
Say what you will about Cars. But Benjamin Franklin, are you kidding me?
(11-21-2014, 03:53 PM)username Wrote:
(11-21-2014, 03:20 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(11-21-2014, 01:22 PM)sally Wrote: Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”

― Benjamin Franklin

― Carsman

Stupid is as stupid does.

― Forrest Gump

hah
(11-21-2014, 11:08 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(11-21-2014, 10:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Whether people think Cosby's guilty or not guilty or remain neutral is gonna be a matter of opinion based on accusations alone in this case -- until/unless Cosby addresses the allegations directly.

Seems like shades of OJ here, did he or didn't he?

I don't know, Cars. I'm not really seeing similar shades here.

There was a ton of evidence and a very public prosecution in the OJ case, and I think an overwhelming majority of the population has a strong opinion as to whether OJ did or didn't do it. None of which applies to the Cosby situation.

Plus, in OJ's case, the glove didn't fit. In Cosby's case, he didn't even bother with a glove (according to his accusers). Smiley_emoticons_wink

The Cosby scandal is unfolding more like the Lance Armstrong scandal unfolded, from my perspective. Years of accusations and suits filed against a very well-known good guy --- good guy denies allegations and uses influence to keep negative talk pretty well hushed in media --- eventually media is prompted to look and report on similar allegations from several different sources --- all hell breaks loose for mister good guy.