Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding.
We're discussing what's been alleged by the women and witnesses and our opinions of it, Maggot. That's what we do, even though our third party posts aren't relevant to the trial outcome, of course.

The trial is in relation to Andrea Constand. The DA and the judge determined there's probable cause to charge Cosby with sexual assault and go to trial.

It happened in 2004, not the 60s or 70s or 80s. Constand wasn't at Woodstock or Studio 54. She was an athletic director at Cosby's alma mater and was in a relationship with a woman at the time Cosby gave her pills that he claimed were herbal supplements, after which she lost consciousness and woke up sore and in disarray (according to her police statement).

She had a platonic/mentor friendship with Cosby before the incident, that's not disputed. When confronted, Cosby claimed that she enjoyed it. When police informed him that she was gay, Cosby admitted that he didn't know that, according to the civil suit he settled.

Anyway, Cosby didn't claim she was a groupie or druggie party girl or anything like that. That would have been easily disproved. He instead claimed they had consensual sex.

But, yeah, it'll be interesting to see if the prosecution can make its case and secure a conviction.
GUILTY VERDICT

The jury in the first criminal case against Cosby in 2017 couldn't reach a unanimous verdict.

He was retried over the last two weeks.

In the first trial, only one other woman who had reported a similar story about being drugged and sexually assaulted by Cosby was allowed to testify as to prior bad acts. In the retrial, however, five other women testified for the prosecution and were cross-examined.

Also, in the first trial, the defense was barred from presenting a former friend of Andrea Constand who claims Constand talked about setting up a famous person for money. In the retrial, that woman was allowed to testify as the star witness for the defense.

Today, the retrial jury found Cosby guilty on all three counts: 1) he drugged Andrea Constand, 2) he sexually assaulted her, 3) she was unconscious and did not give consent.

Cosby faces a $25,000 fine and maximum of 10 years on each count, but it's more likely he'll get considerably less time due to lack of previous criminal history and possibly his condition.

My feelings have evolved dramatically since this all first began. I'm so glad I took the time to educate myself about it. It's been a long time coming & I hope he gets what he deserves.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
He won't ever see the inside of a cell IMO. But just imagine all of the jello chocolate pudding remarks he'd get if he did.
I think Cosby will do some time, but nowhere near the max.

He's guilty as hell of sexually assaulting so very many women and deserves whatever he gets, in my opinion.

But the consequences he's already paid personally and professionally have been a form of justice in themselves, to me.
We will agree to disagree on him doing time.
He is in a White Bronco headed for the Mexican Border, they have the freeway closed off.
(04-26-2018, 05:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: He is in a White Bronco headed for the Mexican Border, they have the freeway closed off.
Actually, his first victory in never doing time has already been declared. House arrest with an ankle monitor pending his appeal. Dude has the means to beat that technology and be in the wind in a day.
Cosby a guy that everyone thought was an upstanding guy and had the good morals that he portrayed in his movies and television shows, a shocking end to a career that could have gone down as one of the best in Hollywood. Instead he is found to be a drug inducing pervert. How he engaged in sex with women that were unconscious is something that only a pervert would enjoy. It makes me wonder about all the other "nice guys" out there.
With his money and fame he could have just went out and got a prostitute like Stormy Daniels but no, he had to drug them. There is a big difference and knowing he did it as recently as 2008 is a bit unnerving. Imagine waking up to find a sweaty, panting old fart like Cosby on top of you. Ugg!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
With you biting a pillow.
You better watch your micro-aggression's years down the road when all this talk is illegal someone might read this crap and try and get YOU tossed in the slammer!

hah
Has anyone tried Bills BBQ sauce?

Ya know, just seeing him pisses me off all over again. I loved Dr. Huxtable! He was cool and fun. That muthafucka. The_Villagers
What a waste of a legacy. Nothin spells lovin like puddin in the oven!
A lady at work the other day was talking bad about the #metoo movement. "And that stupid #metoo movement she said" "None of the guys are safe anymore"

Yeah, nevermind the women that weren't safe.

I had to bite my toungue. I was at work. I bit it hard.
Welp, these guys are finally getting the smackdown. There's no turning back for dozens more offenders. They will be exposed and this new movement will hopefully uproot so many more dirt bags. I'm loving the commentary though. Plenty of meat to chew on for the comedians: https://www.theonion.com/bill-cosby-feel...1825576820

" Bill Cosby Feeling Disoriented After Jury Slips Conviction Into His Verdict"

Too funny
The Onion sometimes puts out some great satire. I need to read it more often.

They ran a bit about the prosecution finding a whole new batch of Cosby victims during jury selection. ')

Gunnar (BlindGreed) is certain that Cosby won't be sentenced to serve time. I don't think he'll get anywhere near the max (which he deserves), but will probably spend at least a couple of years behind bars. What do you think Rick?

Someone asked me earlier today why all his content wasn't removed from all viewing platforms the way Roseanne's was. Good question. I didn't have an answer or even a guess.
Cosby's sentencing hearing is going down in September.

In addition to Andrea Constad, the five women whom testified to prior bad acts at his trial are scheduled to deliver victim impact statements before the court.

I'm not sure whether those statements from the victims will be open to the media, but I imagine so.