Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone a Doors fan?
A new/old movie documentary is coming out that may or may not prove interesting.

In 1968, the Doors decided to chronicle their life on the road and commissioned a crew to document their in-progress tour. The band would produce the project itself; singer Jim Morrison and keyboardist Ray Manzarek had met at UCLA's film school, so they reached out to some of their old campus cohorts. "We had some of our film-school buddies follow us around and shoot," says Doors guitarist Robby Krieger. "The idea was to make a documentary, a cinema verite kind of thing. [Jim and Ray] were all hot on the new kinds of movies that were coming out in the Sixties." According to Krieger, Morrison wanted the project to be a free-form, anything-goes look at the group, onstage and off. "He would say, 'The film is making itself.'"

link

I also never knew Harrison Ford was the carpenter throughout the making of the movie. he is actually in in a little.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Only when I'm trying to exit a room.
hah Make sure its not the broom closet.

I had a poster similar to this in my teenage bedroom. It might even be this one, I have a vague memory of it saying greatest American poet.

[Image: 51GIgmCMIvL.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
HUGE Doors fan here. This is a must see for me.
Stupid question.
(11-20-2014, 12:19 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Stupid question.

Yes it is, right?
wait................what's the question?
My answer is no.
yes it is. Who doesn't like the Doors? Marianne Faithful has recently come out in an interview and revealed that Jimmy died of a heroin overdose. She said that her boyfriend had gone around to his house and he had this heroin and died. She said it was too strong, and there many around Paris at that time that were dying from heroin overdose. She said a couple of months later that guy that had given drugs to Jimmy, himself died of an overdose also.
Marianne Faithful is like Kim Carnes who by the way wrote a bunch of songs for the "Sugar Bears" They were a cereal brand back when you were just a gleam in Daddys eye. And they both sound like they have a bunch of rusty nails stuck in their throats, Miss whipped cream delight.
(11-20-2014, 12:55 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: yes it is. Who doesn't like the Doors? Marianne Faithful has recently come out in an interview and revealed that Jimmy died of a heroin overdose. She said that her boyfriend had gone around to his house and he had this heroin and died. She said it was too strong, and there many around Paris at that time that were dying from heroin overdose. She said a couple of months later that guy that had given drugs to Jimmy, himself died of an overdose also.
For a long time I doubted the theory of heroin due to Jim's fear of needles, but alas, the spike isn't the only way to put the drug into one's body.
I remember when I was about 12 seeing a national enquirer or something along those lines in the back of my parents car and asking them what "indecent exposure" meant. It had Jims picture besides it.
(11-20-2014, 03:44 PM)Maggot Wrote: I remember when I was about 12 seeing a national enquirer or something along those lines in the back of my parents car and asking them what "indecent exposure" meant. It had Jims picture besides it.
Yes... The lamb... in Florida. Lol. Classic wasted Morrison press.
My Mom never told me what it meant, she was a Joan Baez fan. She drove me nuts with That Jonathan Livingston Seagull crap also. Stupid bird, I read the book and at the end realized what a waste of time THAT was.
Blindgreed that is so true, I didn't think of that either. I have a bit of a phobia with needles, I behave like a baby. Yet, I can give someone an intramuscular injection quicker than you can say Robinson Crusoe. But yes, he may of snorted it, and with years of alcohol and substance abuse, his body just couldn't take anymore.
Do you know favourite word is at the moment? "Besmerch" I heard Marianne Faithful talking about it in an interview about the time she got busted for drugs with the Rolling Stones. She talked about the double standards and how the boys were seen as "boys will be boys" or bad boys. She, on the otherhand was "besmerched" by the media, general public. She became homeless and on drugs for years. Even being homeless is linked to mental illness. She attempted suicide whilst in Australia and required hospitalization. Those Rolling Stones are a bunch of raving misogynists the way they have all gone through their lives. They are users. That poor girl who killed herself just recently is a demonstration of the harm those boys are doing.

She must have endured terrible rejection from society. She is a survivor and she is tough.
(11-19-2014, 10:57 AM)Cutz Wrote: Only when I'm trying to exit a room.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

I can't knock your exit glee

But, my adoration lies in the entry
The thing is that no matter what sounds right or wrong in the media and in society the mob rules, no matter what laws come out people will either find a way around them or just ignore it.
No matter how PC you want the world to be reality will slap you in the face hard. And the strong will survive. I'm besmirched on the subject.
(11-20-2014, 10:58 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Blindgreed that is so true, I didn't think of that either. I have a bit of a phobia with needles, I behave like a baby. Yet, I can give someone an intramuscular injection quicker than you can say Robinson Crusoe. But yes, he may of snorted it, and with years of alcohol and substance abuse, his body just couldn't take anymore.
It's my belief he snorted it and checked out in the tub. He was snorting a lot of coke at that point, but that's the way Jim was. He never dabbled in anything, except possibly his poetry which he put on hold for the Doors and substance abuse. He might have done us all a favor. I never thought his poetry was that good.
(11-21-2014, 10:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: The thing is that no matter what sounds right or wrong in the media and in society the mob rules, no matter what laws come out people will either find a way around them or just ignore it.
No matter how PC you want the world to be reality will slap you in the face hard. And the strong will survive. I'm besmirched on the subject.

Here's the thing, what people call reality these days and what is actual reality are two different things. I too am besmirched on the topic also.
Maggot, I will make you an offer that you cannot refuse. You can have one of my favourite words I am done with OR you can have one of the words I hate with a passion.