Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stain
Today I spent a good 2hrs in my shop forming and making a window shelf and trim and a few pieces to trim out the inside and sill of a window I am refinishing. Its about 6' x 2' and I stained some trim last week with a special stain I bought that matches the rest of the trim in the room.
I finished the shelf and started staining what I thought was the special stain I bought but fucked up and used a can of provincial stain instead of the special stain
A few brushes into the stupid shelf I made made me realize my fuckup because its darker than I wanted. Anyways I decided to stain my trim the darker color and when I placed it on the window to see what it looks like because of the contrast between the stained stuff that was there and the new stuff I'm putting in, it actually looks kinda cool.
Like painting walls in the same room a different shade it will work. I kicked myself in the ass because I fucked up but it worked out well
Now I think if I re-do any other room I may stain the window trim different than the edge trim. It's opened all kinds of new idea's.

I know you cannot eat or drink stain but this forum kinda works for projects performed by idiots such as myself.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

You have statement stain! Go Maggot!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Some people call them fuckups, other people call them "features"! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Pics please!!!

I was briefly married to a carpenter. That man knew wood. He brought home several pieces covered in paint that were hidden treasure underneath. I still have a cedar chest from 1914 that I did most of the work on and a rocking chair that's probably ancient too that he stripped and refinished.

I could possibly take that up as a hobby. I'd enjoy browsing garage sales and flea markets for buried treasure and refinishing it. Kind of. I recall putting a ton of elbow grease in to that cedar chest but still. Hmmmmm....
Commando Cunt Queen
I realized why my photoshop account was so screwed up. The e-mail I used was never used and Yahoo deleted it so the fuckers dropped it. I have to open another soon.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.