Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all gamers
I think those are the same ones that bump into telephone poles and fall into water fountains because their faces are planted in their cell phones. I have a ton of fun with those people.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have to admit... I'm hooked on the mobile phone app Game of War. It's set up in such a way that if you are not patient it could cost a lot of money, but if you're a tightass like me, you can just wait it out and gradually build your empire. I'm not much of a gamer, but I like this one.
most mobile games are that way. I play Deer Hunter and you only get like 10 energy to go shoot things, then it takes 10 minutes for 1 energy to refill. It's a throne game.
(11-24-2014, 11:21 PM)Cutz Wrote: most mobile games are that way. I play Deer Hunter and you only get like 10 energy to go shoot things, then it takes 10 minutes for 1 energy to refill. It's a throne game.
GOW is a little more involved than a throne game but yeah, I don't need to speed up building things because I have a life and the building, training or researching will finish with or without me. Lol.
Does it cost more money for add-ons to the game?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-25-2014, 10:58 PM)Maggot Wrote: Does it cost more money for add-ons to the game?

In the tablet world, What they are talking about is called an "in-app" purchase. Some in-app purchases allow you to unlock levels you can't get otherwise. Other in-app purchases are like booster packs, they allow you to complete goals faster.

It's kinda like the Shareware games you could get when computers first came out. They gave you the basic game, but if you wanted to unlock more levels, or get better characters, you had to send additional money to the programmer for a special code to unlock the rest of the disk.
(11-26-2014, 03:32 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 10:58 PM)Maggot Wrote: Does it cost more money for add-ons to the game?

In the tablet world, What they are talking about is called an "in-app" purchase. Some in-app purchases allow you to unlock levels you can't get otherwise. Other in-app purchases are like booster packs, they allow you to complete goals faster.

It's kinda like the Shareware games you could get when computers first came out. They gave you the basic game, but if you wanted to unlock more levels, or get better characters, you had to send additional money to the programmer for a special code to unlock the rest of the disk.
I haven't seen that in this game. Bassically you can just be patient and get to everything you want, or you can spend money to boost the time it takes to wait. Maybe there's more as you level up that I don't know about but for now I'm content with not spending a dime. Especially this time of year. Recently they've been having special events that give you boosts and extra points, so i'm getting the best of both worlds.
Found out yesterday that to get to the maximum level you have to spend quite a bit of money. No way to get it without spending. Guess who won't get to level 21? Lol.